Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos finish 12-4, Chiefs end season on 7 game losing streak and miss playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I don't think this is likely it is nice to think about. Chiefs losing 4 in a row would be fine with me. Here's my point though...

The Broncos are one of the teams this year that's been hit pretty hard by injuries (NE being another). These have been some fairly significant losses to key positions, as we all know. It looks like we're pulling out of that funk and should be OK.

Injuries happen... and when they happen to key players the team suffers - unless the back-ups have something else in mind.

So, I'm wondering when / if the injury reaper will descend on to some of the other teams. Imagine the Colts without Manning, the Titans without McNair, the Chiefs without Priest. And that's just one key player down. Throw in Harrison, Edge, Freeney - George, Mason, Kearse - Green, Hall, Gonzalez - you get the picture.

"Luck" can change and a few key injuries might be all it takes to put the Broncos in a completely different situation once the playoffs roll around.

Now, don't get me wrong... I'm not wishing injuries on anybody; but it would be kind of nice to see how well some of these teams would do without their stars....
    Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
      The NFL has to be the fairest league I'm aware of and I follow international sports as well

You're talking about when we have Plummer versus when we don't.

I was speaking generically, not specifically to the Broncos or the Chiefs. Perhaps I should have said that some weeks a team looks unbeatable, and other times awful.
      Last edited by ReasonableChief; 11-20-2003, 09:44 AM.
      Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

such is parity

but generally the broncos have looked "beautiful" with a snake in the saddle

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
          such is parity

but generally the broncos have looked "beautiful" with a snake in the saddle
          He definitely makes a difference, that's for sure. Other Denver fans have called him Jake "The $40 Million Mistake" Plummer, but I certainly don't think you can call him a mistake.
          Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Working...
          X