Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We should make Bryant McNeal an LB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We should make Bryant McNeal an LB

    I was just reading the injury report about him. It says he's a little on the small size to be an every down DE. However, he's 6'3 247 pounds and runs a 4.6 40!!!! That's fast as hell for a bigger guy like him. Why don't we make him a linebacker. Even if we use that 3-4 scheme we've been thinking of implementing at times, he'd be a great edge-rushing LB, like a Jason Gildon.

    Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

  • #2
    i have always liked the 3-4 it gives the option to blizt from anywhere on the feild but i dont know how well McNeal would do in coverage.
    No matter what, I win.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: We should make Bryant McNeal an LB

      Originally posted by Milehigh117
      I was just reading the injury report about him. It says he's a little on the small size to be an every down DE. However, he's 6'3 247 pounds and runs a 4.6 40!!!! That's fast as hell for a bigger guy like him. Why don't we make him a linebacker. Even if we use that 3-4 scheme we've been thinking of implementing at times, he'd be a great edge-rushing LB, like a Jason Gildon.
      Only an option in a 3-4 because the OLB play more like DE in a 4-3. But the fact you can't ignore is that we have zero DL that will work well in a 3-4. We would have to draft all DL to put a solid 3-4 on the field.

      McNeal will probably be lucky to make the roster. THe injury plus his lack of production at any point is a bad sign. Right now Mitchell is a better prospect. He is the same type of size and speed.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Re: We should make Bryant McNeal an LB

        Originally posted by myoung
        Only an option in a 3-4 because the OLB play more like DE in a 4-3. But the fact you can't ignore is that we have zero DL that will work well in a 3-4. We would have to draft all DL to put a solid 3-4 on the field.

        McNeal will probably be lucky to make the roster. THe injury plus his lack of production at any point is a bad sign. Right now Mitchell is a better prospect. He is the same type of size and speed.
        Geez, my......he was a rook.....give him a break! Lucky to make the roster? Hope nobody gets hurt this year.......
        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
        men."

        -- Samuel Adams

        sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Re: Re: We should make Bryant McNeal an LB

          Originally posted by rcsodak
          Geez, my......he was a rook.....give him a break! Lucky to make the roster? Hope nobody gets hurt this year.......
          I believe that he and Eason are both going to have to show something to stay on this year. Eason is not doing well in NFL Europe and McNeal is currently the sixth rated DE. Mitchell is looking OK in the offseason. If we draft a DE anywhere in the draft I think McNeal will have to step up to keep his spot. I don't think we will go into the season with 7 DE on the roster. It is too big an investment at the position.....

          I think both are in a tough spot this year. They didn't get drafted high enough to justify keeping them around with no prospect for production. If they don't look good in camp I think they are in trouble.

          I would not say the same about Pierce, so I am not this rough on everyone on the roster. These guys are both very deep in the chart and that is where cuts happen.

          Comment


          • #6
            Berry was only 250 pounds and he ended up being pretty good

            Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Milehigh117
              Berry was only 250 pounds and he ended up being pretty good
              Berry was playing RE not OLB buddy all he did was pass rush anyway his run stuffing ability blowed.
              sigpic
              PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
              You Shed Tears of Scarlet

              Comment


              • #8
                haha and i wondered why no one posted to my i whole heartedly aggree sory for double posting
                The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                While he sits by his hearth at home.
                Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                That he knows nothing at all.

                Comment

                Working...
                X