X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lvbronx
    One more time...

There are only a few times when helmet to helmet is illegal:

- When a receiver is in the act of catching the football.

- When a QB is in the pocket (actually any contact to the QB's head is illegal).

That's it! Every other instance of helmet to helmet contact is LEGAL!!!

Okay...one more time.....

I know when a h2h hit is illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!! What I was tyring to show is that the hit that was considered "ILLEGAL" did not leave a player injured, but the "LEGAL BLOCK" left a player with a concussion and visually shaken!!!!!!!!

MY POINT IS THAT RECEIVERS ARE NO MORE DEFENSLESS THAN A PLAYER RUNNING TO MAKE AS TAKLE AND BEING BLINDSIDED BY AN OPPOSING PLAYER!!!!!!

So maybe the NFL should relook at the way the penalize and fine!!!!!!!!!!

Do you all really read each post before posting a reply?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

PEACE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING

I know when a h2h hit is illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!! What I was tyring to show is that the hit that was considered "ILLEGAL" did not leave a player injured, but the "LEGAL BLOCK" left a player with a concussion and visually shaken!!!!!!!!

MY POINT IS THAT RECEIVERS ARE NO MORE DEFENSLESS THAN A PLAYER RUNNING TO MAKE AS TAKLE AND BEING BLINDSIDED BY AN OPPOSING PLAYER!!!!!!

PEACE!!!
      OK, two more times then, for those that don't know what they posted themselves...

Yeah, I read it. I suggest you actually read your own post. I'll repeat for your convenience. You asked:
      So what is the differance between the two.....both "hitters" lead with the helmet and made contact with a "DEFENSELESS" player.

Follow your own advice and READ the posts above, especially mine where I stated the rule for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can change the defintion of "defensless", but I'll stick with the OFFICIAL version from the NFL. A defensive player is NOT focussing on the football in the air and doesn't have his arms extended trying to catch a football and therefore is NOT defenseless. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out, but you're really trying.

Nick Ferguson got his bell rung. Deal with it.

If you dont' like the rule, then write the comish. But don't tell me to read the posts. I clearly read your post and answered your question. Don't worry, won't happen again. It's too damn hard.

BTW, it's ironic you use the name AlWilson, as he often hits helmet to helmet, yet complain when Ward does it. Now that's funny!

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING

This particular block, however, does show just how defensless receivers are. Receivers and QBs are the ones that take the BIG hits when they aren't looking (most of the time)... and thats why the rules are there to protect them. Hines Ward did whats called a "crack back" block. The defender never saw him. So he was 'defensless"...but since he hit legally, there's nothing that could stop it. Just as the hit on the receiver (from our guy) would have been legal if he LED WITH HIS SHOULDER instead of his head. Hines Ward didn't LEAD with his head, and THATS the biggest difference in the discussion.

But since the majority of the hits on receivers, by the nature of the game, are when they are looking at the ball and not the defender... they are defenseless. Same situation with QBs.

It all comes down to the very simple fact that the hit Ward made was in no way illegal, and the one our player layed was very much illegal. There was NO DOUBT when our safety hit the guy that it was illegal. He led with his head RIGHT into the other guy's head. I immediatly said "oops, thats going to be a fine." There wasn't a single thing wrong with Hines' block... nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx
          BTW, it's ironic you use the name AlWilson, as he often hits helmet to helmet, yet complain when Ward does it. Now that's funny!
          LBs have to. The proper form to tackle is to lean forward at the waist with knees bent.. that immediatly puts your head forward. They teach this from grade school (not saying you don't already know this or agree with it). Plus, the always teach tackling by putting your facemask in the numbers...watch the hips so you don't get faked out. If you don't lead with your head (when the RB is coming right at you) you will lose a majority of the time. I hope they don't stop LBs from leading with their head. They are trying their best to take all the contact out of this game as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
            There wasn't a single thing wrong with Hines' block... nothing.

DUDE!!!! I KNOW!!!!

What I am trying to say for the umpteenth time is that....

......though Ward's hit was legal, it left a player injured.

......Foxworth's hit was illegal, yet the recipient of the hit was not injured.

......MAYBE the NFL should LOOK INTO WHO (Offense/Defense) and WHY they are fining players.....most are on DEFENSE.....

I LOVE seeing big hit's. When he was playing, Steve Atwater was my favorite Bronco. He will always be my all time fav. I like Al Wilson BECAUSE of his big hits. I just don't like seeing player get fined for hits that don't cause injury.

Oh and if ya can...check the tape. The actual play happens at the 10:25 mark of the 2nd quarter. A clear replay of Ward hitting Ferguson H2H follows......

PEACE!!!

Comment

I agree 100%, the offense shouldnt be able to get away wit anythin the defense couldnt.

O something I noticed while on orangemane. When Big ben did his lil dancebehind the los one of the members there noticed o-linemen downfield.... why wasnt that penalized?

somethings fishy bout that game...
              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Working...
              X