Who should play ROLB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar
    I don't care because we're actually loaded at the LB postions. With Webster, he adds another dimension to our D. If Gold doesn't come back then I want Webster to take Gold's spot until he returns. The bad thing about this though, if Webster does a great job, we might lose Gold next year. But maybe we'll switch to the 3-4 if Webster does great though.

Why might we lose Gold? He just signed a monster contract before last season for like 6 years. I doubt we'd cut/trade him while still owing him so much money. It would be cap suicide. The only guy I see us dropping/trading this year is Plummer.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
      Why might we lose Gold? He just signed a monster contract before last season for like 6 years. I doubt we'd cut/trade him while still owing him so much money. It would be cap suicide. The only guy I see us dropping/trading this year is Plummer.

Is Gold injured that seriously that people are thinking he would never come back?

Comment

Leave D.J. at SAM. That's where he's been playing and that's where he should focus his attention.

BUT... he stays in on passing downs while Gold is out. D.J.'s pass coverage has greatly improved this year from what I've seen and heard. His only problem is that Gold is still better so Gold stays in most of the time while D.J. has to sit. But I feel very comfortable with D.J. filling that particular part of Gold's role in his absence.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

williams and wilson in nickel packages, slide webster in there when we need three linebackers.
          sigpic

Comment

i don't know if anyone has said this yet, but i think i could and just might fill in this week in oakland. i mean, does it really matter? the raider O is so poor i think that maybe they should see if one of the ball boys has any talent, ya know, just experiment with anybody.

Dennis Smith/ my all-time favorite Denver Bronco.

props to Snk16 for the sig!

Comment

Working...
            X