Shanahan says 'Next' to the RB's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shanahan says 'Next' to the RB's...

Mike Bell is inactive for today's game, and the Broncos will give a look today to Damien Nash, activated from the practice squad Saturday.

The Bronco brass still does not believe 100% in Tatum Bell, and I am convinced more than ever that he will be traded in the offseason...my prediction is to the NY Giants for their 2007 second round DC if Tiki Barber does retire; but in any case, I believe Tater is playing out the season to impress another team.

Mike Bell is banged up from the Steeler game..

Cedric Cobbs looked extremely slow to the hole against the Steelers, proving that his success was largely just a bi-product of the pre-season, and that he is likely a journey-man type RB at best. I would say it is unlikely he will be a Bronco in 2007.

Enter Damien Nash. He is similar to Mike Bell, but with one difference...he has legit 4.45 speed, as opposed to Mike Bell's 4.6 range. The Broncos were very impressed with what Nash did in the preseason, and should get a look today with Mike Bell inactive, and Tater not 100% healthy.

Bottom line: Shanahan has been concerned with the RB's for some time, as evidenced by the fact that had the Broncos not been able to trade up for Jay Cutler, they would have Drafted Laurence Maroney. Expect significant turnover in the RB corps by he time the 2007 training camp rolls around.

BTW, San Diego's Michael Turner looks better and better all the time, doesn't he??
    Last edited by MindField; 11-12-2006, 09:29 AM.

Tatum Bell is twice the back Michael Turner is.

Comment

I think if we lose a back this year, we try and trade out for the EDGE. yeah they just got a deal but he aint happy in AZ, send him this way and we will show him how we make blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by RBfactory04
        I think if we lose a back this year, we try and trade out for the EDGE. yeah they just got a deal but he aint happy in AZ, send him this way and we will show him how we make blocks.
        RIGHT NOW .... id take Tatum Bell over Edge

im tellin you theres more of a reason edge isnt puttin up numbers in AZ.

Tatum has been GREAT this year, and you guys wanna scrap him cause the guys
        gets the unlucky injury of turf toe. Injuries happen to everyone........Tatum is still
        young and has a great career ahead of him.
        Last edited by The Dyna$ty; 11-12-2006, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty
          RIGHT NOW .... id take Tatum Bell over Edge

im tellin you theres more of a reason edge isnt puttin up numbers in AZ.

Tatum has been GREAT this year, and you guys wanna scrap him cause the guys
          gets the unlucky injury of turf toe. Injuries happen to everyone........Tatum is still
          young and has a great career ahead of him.
          That's because your a homer.

I would take Tatum Bell over Edge because of the fact that Tatum is younger... But as far as production, Edge could probably be a 1,800 yard rusher here.
          sigpic

Comment

Uh...

You must be kidding, right????

Turner will be one of the most coveted restricted Free Agents this offseason, and someone will go after him big time...

I personally hope it's in Denver, but I fear it will be Pittsburgh. Trust me, you DON't want to see Michael Turner in a Steeler uniform...

Either way, three years from now, Turner will be among the leaders in NFL rushing stats, and Tatum Bell will be an afterthought....think of it the same way Priest Holmes exploded once he got to KC.

Just remember who told you so...

Comment

Make my vote for Turner.

No he's not. Just my opinion! And my opinion is biased as I'm not a huge Tatum Bell fan.

I'd be the one doing backflips if the Broncos stole Turner from the Chargers!

Personally, I've had enough of the RB carousel. Find a back and feature him! But find someone who doesn't trip over his own feet and get turf toe on both feet in the process!

Mike Bell is no better than a 2nd string back, imo. And I have never been impressed with Cobbs. Mainly because I've never seen him play against a real defense.

I don't know why but it seems the more Shanahan and the Broncos pimp a certain player, the less I like him.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
                Mike Bell is inactive for today's game, and the Broncos will give a look today to Damien Nash, activated from the practice squad Saturday.

The Bronco brass still does not believe 100% in Tatum Bell, and I am convinced more than ever that he will be traded in the offseason...my prediction is to the NY Giants for their 2007 second round DC if Tiki Barber does retire; but in any case, I believe Tater is playing out the season to impress another team.

Mike Bell is banged up from the Steeler game..

Cedric Cobbs looked extremely slow to the hole against the Steelers, proving that his success was largely just a bi-product of the pre-season, and that he is likely a journey-man type RB at best. I would say it is unlikely he will be a Bronco in 2007.

Enter Damien Nash. He is similar to Mike Bell, but with one difference...he has legit 4.45 speed, as opposed to Mike Bell's 4.6 range. The Broncos were very impressed with what Nash did in the preseason, and should get a look today with Mike Bell inactive, and Tater not 100% healthy.

Bottom line: Shanahan has been concerned with the RB's for some time, as evidenced by the fact that had the Broncos not been able to trade up for Jay Cutler, they would have Drafted Laurence Maroney. Expect significant turnover in the RB corps by he time the 2007 training camp rolls around.

BTW, San Diego's Michael Turner looks better and better all the time, doesn't he??
                Is this an article from somebody, or your opine?
                Just curious....
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

ADRIAN (AD) PETERSON

Just include Cutler with the 1st and grab him......end of discussion.
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Well

Originally posted by SM19
                    Not sure where you're getting this idea from.

I'm not sure that's evidence of anything. Shanahan would have drafted Maroney because he saw him as a steal at the 15th pick, too good to pass up. If he were really as concerned about the backs as you think he was, I doubt he'd have traded up to take a player who he knew wouldn't even play this year.

Just my impression from living in Colorado, reading the Bronco press, listening to the talking heads, and watching Shanahan's 'body language' concerning Tater. In fact, Shanahan has direct quotes saying Tatum has to prove himself. That is on record...

Comment

A signing of Turner would be a total coup.....strength, speed, vision, etc. San Diego will not be able to keep him and he is awaiting his moment in the sun in FA.

I would count on seeing Kubiak and Houston throwing some serious dough at Turner though after losing D. Davis this year and struggling with plugging a new starter in each week (however Lundy has come on lately), the Giants are another real possibility for Turner with Tiki hanging them up.

I'd love to see Michael Turner in Denver next year, but I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I'll be thankful if it happens!

There are a couple of college backs though who will be slated later than the 1st round (since that needs to be d-line) who we could snag that are good fits for our scheme...Michael Hart from Michigan....Kenny Irons from Auburn, etc. As sweet as AP would look, he's going top 5.

Comment

Yeah...

Originally posted by rcsodak
                        ADRIAN (AD) PETERSON

Just what we need, another tall, rangy back that takes too many shots and will have trouble staying healthy in the NFL...as he already has throughout his College days.

We might as well just sign Tennessee's Chris Brown....

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                          ADRIAN (AD) PETERSON

Wow, an Oklahoma fan pimping a guy who just can't seem to stay healthy. I'm wondering where you think we're getting our top ten selection from.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                            Wow, an Oklahoma fan pimping a guy who just can't seem to stay healthy. I'm wondering where you think we're getting our top ten selection from.
                            Peterson is a beast......I wouldn't mind having him with the Broncos at all.

Poorti$ ran up-right until Turner got ahold of him too! Granted AD is a good 2 or3 inches taller, but backs can learn to run lower. They do it all the time.

Btw, Chris Brown didn't run up-right......He practically ran standing straight up!

Peterson's running style isn't nearly as pronounced! He is much closer to D1ckerson than he is to Brown in ability too!

Anyway's, I would really like to see what an elite back could do with this team.

[Edit] I replied to the wrong post, Dream.
                            Last edited by stnzed; 11-12-2006, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                              Peterson is a beast......I wouldn't mind having him with the Broncos at all.

Poorti$ ran up-right until Turner got ahold of him too! Granted AD is a good 2 or3 inches taller, but backs can learn to run lower. They do it all the time.

Btw, Chris Brown didn't run up-right......He practically ran standing straight up!

Peterson's running style isn't nearly as pronounced! He is much closer to ****erson than he is to Brown in ability too!

Anyway's, I would really like to see what an elite back could do with this team.
                              The problem is that Peterson and Bush are injured and that may bring up concerns. Marshawn Lynch would be interesting to see here in a Broncos uniform because he's a top college back and can catch the ball. He'd be a real tool for us I think. . . but I'm still supporting Bell until proven otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X