No announcement yet.

Shanahan says 'Next' to the RB's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turner is an absolute beast, and i would LOVE to see him in a broncos uni! as far as comparing him to tater, he has similar speed and burst, but he's bigger and stronger-- he also has the balance that tater lacks, which helps him to stay on his feet after initial contact. . . i also think he has a little more wiggle to make guys miss in the open field. . . most importantly, he has better vision than tater, and is a more instinctive, natural runner. . . the only drawback is that he hasn't proven that he can carry the load at this level (obviously! i do realize that he hasn't had the chance, but it's at least worth mentioning). . .

that said, i don't see much of any chance he'll be a bronco next year. . . at this point, i think it's a forgone conclusion that san diego will slap him with the high tender, and how smart would it be for us to send them an extra 1st rounder to play with? no, they have quite enough young talent as it is, and they draft all too well for us to be giving them any extra ammo, thanks! besides, if we were to give up a 1st rounder to obtain a RB, i'd rather get one who's 21 or 22, not 25 as turner will be right after the end of the season-- i know he has very little NFL mileage, but backs still tend to start slowing down around 30 whether they've been used hard or not. . . i realize that may be nitpicking, but when you're talking about a 1st round pick, and all the money involved, those little details do have a way of getting magnified. . .

i have defended tater quite a bit in the past, and i still like him a lot. . . but i think stnzed is right, he really is better off (i might go so far as to even say he's MORE valuable) in a complimentary, change-of-pace role. . . it's unfortunate that he seemed to be doing pretty well as the lead back, but now he's dinged up again, and hasn't been effective at all since the cleveland game. . . unless he can rebound in a big way, i really do expect us to spend a 1st day pick on a RB next year (doesn't necessarily have to be our 1st rounder-- portis was a 2nd, and jerious norwood would have been perfect this past year)-- regardless of how we feel about tater, we at least need some better depth with the way we lean on our running backs. . .

we can debate all we want about whether we'd be better off spending the high pick needed to get a few linemen who combine prototypical size and power with the mobility we like, but i doubt that's going to happen. . . the recent picks of eslinger and myers seem to indicate that we're going to stay with the smaller OLs, although kuper is bigger and may help in the running game if he ends up replacing carlisle next year-- i thought he may have been the best of our backup OLs in terms of run blocking in the preseason (myers was the best in pass pro). . . however, i do see a 1st day running back in our near future. . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

As far as Turner is concerned, he'd be a nice alternative.

I wouldn't be interested if the price was extremely high (as in first round tender). I believe the current first round tender is around 1.5 mil, and I'm not sure if SD would be interested in paying 1.5 mil to a backup.

Comment

If Peterson became a Bronco he would rush for 2,000 yards every year. He is the best RB prospect coming out of college since Barry Sanders. Too bad we could never get him. He will for sure be a top 3 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
          As far as Turner is concerned, he'd be a nice alternative.

I wouldn't be interested if the price was extremely high (as in first round tender). I believe the current first round tender is around 1.5 mil, and I'm not sure if SD would be interested in paying 1.5 mil to a backup.

you may be right (they aren't exactly free spenders), but i think he has a lot more value than your average backup. . . if LT went down-- and chances are he will miss some time at some point, he's been durable but he takes a lot of punishment-- turner could step in and keep that O moving at a high level. . . of course, if they DON'T put the high tender on him, he'll have about a dozen offers, and we should certainly be one of them-- i believe the mid-range tender is a 3rd rounder, right? he's definitely worth all of that and then some. . .
          Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

As of right now Peterson is likely a top 5 pick, Denver has little chance. We will not trade Cutler and Plummer has little value to gain in the round, he may be worth a 3rd round pick at most. Smart move would be for Denver to trade Bell and Plummer for picks and use those picks or another pick to move up the draft. We still would not nab Peterson, but both NY franchises will need running backs, as does many other teams. But Shanahan may not want to play the draft like he has done, so a first round back would bring Denver either Kenneth Darby from Alabama or Lorenzo Booker from Florida St., if they are both valued as such.

If Shanahan went for a halfback in the second there are some good names out there still such as Kolby Smith from Louisville...he is highly underrated in my eyes, Jon Cornish from Kansas and Selvin Young from Texas, if he does not fall to the mid 3rd round.

If Shanahan wanted a typical premier back that may be a 3rd round pick, I would have to say Thomas Clayton from Kansas St., if he does not climb the charts...this kid is a lot like L.T., he may be an overall better back then Kenny Irons from Auburn.

Peterson is out of the question though, if Denver could even steal the first from Washington...the best option would be Kenny Irons from Auburn, if they do not wait as usual. There are some good backs out there, but I would not mind Irons or Booker in the 1st Round or even Clayton in the 3rd.

Comment

Am I the only person that thinks we need more help at WR (with Rod getting up there), S, DL, and OL than Running Back?

Comment

this is true but maybe someone could tell his ass to smoke during the off season and maybe quit a month before training camp. i was just stating that he would be a great "denver style" back. He just smokes like a Marley.
                R.I.P D.Will

Thanks Tned

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                  I guess reading comprehension isn't a requirement in the writing biz.......

Here ya go...in really big letters......
                  You should probably leave for being an idiot now
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X