Plummer or Cutler? (Read post first!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tnedator
    People have been saying variations of this for a couple years, and all the Broncos keep doing is win with Jake at QB.

Some of us are just trying to turn it in to an Orange and Blue state.

If the Broncos have a game that doesn't matter (we aren't playing for a playoff spot, a bye or homefield advantage), then I sure hope Shanny puts Cutler in to get some experience.

You wouldn't think so based on reading this forum, would you?

Considered a career as a fantasy writer? You appear to have a vivid imagination.

"There seems to be much tension causing the team to not focus"

There is no basis for the above statement. Virtually your entire post is pure speculation with little to no evidence to back it up.

What you see on the sideline between Jake and Shanahan is too intense people trying to win ball games and we have no idea what they are saying. They could very well be saying, "the safety bit on the play fake, if we can get Javon to roll over towards the middle we can hit them for a big play" and be saying it wit emotion, or Shanny could be saying, "Jake, you suck, I can't believe I am stuck with you, good thing I have the golden child on the bench, because he will take your job joon" and Jake replying, "Man, do you remember how hot Tina Turner was in Beyond Thunderdome, I'm gonna go by Blockbuster on the way home and rent that!!!!!!"

The point is that it is pure fantasy to try and claim we know what is being said on the sideline. All we know is that they are both intense. If you watch many NFL games, you see coaches and QBs, coaches and WRs, WRs and QBs, etc. talking to each other with intensity, it doesn't mean it is an argument. You see Al Wilson going around getting in people's faces and thumping them on the chest, if you take it just based on the physical reactions, you would think he was arguing with someone, when all he is trying to do is pump them up.

When someone hates a player, it is easy for them to see anything as a rift between them.

Your absolutely correct about no one knows what is being said, and since no one on here is a lip reader or the two are not miked up it will remain a mystery to all but those few the ferverently wish, hope and pray that cutler is their Saviour.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx
      Again, a total lack of intellectual integrity.

Your whole argument was that the last ALLEDGED INT was a pick because YOU say it was, even though it wasn't ruled an INT either on the field nor in the replay, nor was it counted as one in the stats. Yet, you say it was an INT simply because it benefits your agenda.

Yet when it disparges Jake, you claim the first counts as an INT, using the argument that it was called an INT and then totally disregard the 4th alledged INT was an INT despite being ruled otherwise. Again, because this conclusion benefits your agenda, while blatantly disregarding intellectual integrity.
      Not hard to do when your only agenda is to see the only player on the team as "YOUR Bronco" the vast majority of "cutler" fans, could care less about the Broncos if their boy was not here.

So take alot of those posts with a grain of salt of "fans" that joined after Draft day 2006.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDB
        No. The punter is not the Captain of the team...the QB is. Apples and oranges.

The team is winning with Jake...the team is behind Jake...the lockerroom is his. You don't mess with that.
        Literally speaking Jake isn't a captain if I'm not mistaken, now but because of the position he plays he's a team leader.

The last I heard the team captains are: Rod Smith (offense), Al Wilson (defense). Special Team I don't know who the captain is but I wouldn't be surprised if was Keith Burns.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
          Ernster passed his test also versus Saurbaun and looked at what we have in our Kicker Ernster.Do you also think if we get Saurbaun back that would divide the team as well.
          And ernster touches the ball what 6-7 times a game. Saurburn was suspended by the league for substance abuse. Good analogy.

Comment

No. The punter is not the Captain of the team...the QB is. Apples and oranges.

The team is winning with Jake...the team is behind Jake...the lockerroom is his. You don't mess with that.
            Good post Points to you

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730
              Wow...

This thread went nowhere fast.

You can't tell the difference from the first/second pages to the last couple of pages.

I think it's time we just let this one go. Jake is the starter for the Chargers game. Let's wait and see how he does in that game, and we'll evaluate his ability to win big games for the Broncos.
              Nah, that wouldn't be fun!! However, your right it continues to get into personalities instead of context.
              As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRWIZ
                Not hard to do when your only agenda is to see the only player on the team as "YOUR Bronco" the vast majority of "cutler" fans, could care less about the Broncos if their boy was not here.

So take alot of those posts with a grain of salt of "fans" that joined after Draft day 2006.
                The great JR who wanted to isolate and civilize the board has struck again. One would think the Broncos would welcome fans from anywhere, but perhaps that is not how it works in Colorado.

YOu are completely wrong about me Mr. JR. I reiterate my second cousin played for the Broncos in the late '70s and have been a fan since. No, I didn't come to the boards until Cutler was drafted but you make sweeping generalizations on people that are just not true.

I don't pick up the paper every Sunday morn to see if we were fortunate enough to get the Broncos for the second game just to catch a glimpse of #6 on the sideline. I watch and cheer for the Broncos just like you do. I even sit and turn on KOA and turn on NFL.com and listen and keep up when we don't get the feed.

You have your agenda also.
                As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

Comment

It is called reading between the lines. Your feelings about Jake are revealed in your posts. You may not come out and say Jake is "awful", but it is still there.

Actually, if you changed your username then you are right, I probably wouldn't have a point. But you're username is what it is. Right now, Jake is standing in the way of your boy, Vandyman. That is why some people see that you have an agenda. Like I have said, it is hard to take what you and other Vanderbilt fans have to say at face value...because you are 1st a Vandy fan, then a Bronco fan. Your loyalty is not to the team first. No different than the Ron Dayne fans.

If you would like to go private, I am willing to have a discussion with you on the inclusion of your last line...and how you seem to be using it out of context.
                  One thing I don't need is a lesson on scripture.

Comment

It is called reading between the lines. Your feelings about Jake are revealed in your posts. You may not come out and say Jake is "awful", but it is still there.

Actually, if you changed your username then you are right, I probably wouldn't have a point. But you're username is what it is. Right now, Jake is standing in the way of your boy, Vandyman. That is why some people see that you have an agenda. Like I have said, it is hard to take what you and other Vanderbilt fans have to say at face value...because you are 1st a Vandy fan, then a Bronco fan. Your loyalty is not to the team first. No different than the Ron Dayne fans.

If you would like to go private, I am willing to have a discussion with you on the inclusion of your last line...and how you seem to be using it out of context.

I have to say some people are just rude!

----------------------------------------------
                    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Actually, if you changed your username then you are right, I probably wouldn't have a point. But you're username is what it is. Right now, Jake is standing in the way of your boy, Vandyman.
                      Please LDB when Jay Cutler becomes the starting QB - please leave! You refer to him with such hatred, but you put a Bible Verse as your signature. I would think you are better than this!

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cutlerfan
                        Please LDB when Jay Cutler becomes the starting QB - please leave! You refer to him with such hatred, but you put a Bible Verse as your signature. I would think you are better than this!
                        "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JRWIZ
                          So what is your agenda? Broncos to win or Jake to fail?

GO back to vandy where they deserve you!

Please look at back at post 129. So that I will not have to repost.

I know you are in Purgatory and I am sorry for that but that was your decision! You could have changed that by reading John 3:16

Go back to Vandy? I work at Vandy!

Where Jay Graduated!

Comment

I have to say some people are just rude!
                            How was it rude?

Originally posted by cutlerfan
                            Please LDB when Jay Cutler becomes QB - please leave! You refer to him with such hatred, but you put a Bible Verse as your signature. I would think you are better than this!
                            First, I was a Bronco fan before Cutler even knew what a football was. And I will be a Bronco fan long after he has retired. I do not support single individuals. I support the Orange and Blue.

Second, please do me the courtesy of looking to see where I placed my vote in this very thread. Now, do you want to change your opinion? I think Cutler will be great. I even suspect that he would do better than Plummer right now. But the team is winning with Jake and the team plays their butt off for him. You don't mess with that.

I do not hate anybody. Nor do my post include any hatred. Please post my quotes that show this "hatred" of Jay Cutler. Now, once again, would you like to change your opinion?

In the meantime, I would appreciate it if you backed off the scripture bit. Going down that street is a violation of the CoC. Besides, it does not have anything to do with the subject at hand. But more to the point, this is just an attempt to change the topic because you cannot defend your position. If you would like to go private I would be more than willing to discuss my faith.
                            Last edited by LDB; 11-14-2006, 01:52 PM.
                            Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Please look at back at post 129. So that I will not have to repost.

I know you are in Purgatory and I am sorry for that but that was your decision! You could have changed that by reading John 3:16

Go back to Vandy? I work at Vandy!
                              Care to try bringing this back on topic, and leaving out the personal inults?

Or do I just close this? And let admin deal with you? Your choice.

Comment

But more to the point, this is just an attempt to change the topic because you cannot defend your position.
                                Does this statement by you ooze nice things? I don't think so.

Originally posted by LDB
                                Right now, Jake is standing in the way of your boy
                                Here is my two cents. I say keep Jake in there because you are winning. My point is I would like to see Jay get some playing time this year not because they bench Plummer.

Where Jay Graduated!

Comment

Working...
                                X