No announcement yet.

Plummer or Cutler? (Read post first!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give Cutler a shot, Jake is going to cost us big, very soon IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutlerfan
      Did you watch the same play? Even the play by play guys said it was a pick. Two feet were in! I wanted Jake to have his 4th! He deserved it!

Your the type of "fan" that wants to see Jake fail no matter what the cost to the Broncos just so you can push your objective.

Sad sad sad!!!

Thats disgraceful. I would expect that type of comment from a Raider fan or Pats fan but someone who might call themselves a "Bronco fan" its just pathetic.

:nono:

Comment

• go jake....go jake...go jake.... opps, I mean go jay...go jay....go jay....oops I get them confused...hehe

Comment

• Polls close at midnight mountain time. Soon we will find out if Broncomania is a red state or a blue state.
          As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

• I am not a Bronco fan....but Jake is the one who has played in all the games the Broncos have won,right????
            Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

• I think jake will start the rest of the season, but jay should start when we clinch the div.
              It's 4:20 got a light?

Comment

• Originally posted by coolguy
                I think jake will start the rest of the season, but jay should start when we clinch the div.
                Hey Im all for that :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                  I am not a Bronco fan....but Jake is the one who has played in all the games the Broncos have won,right????
                  You just want him to start so your team gets four picks on Thanksgiving!

He is a dangerous asset, no ways about it...even his best supporters (most of them) will agree that he can hurt the team as much as help them...he may be the starter, but he is playing on a very dangerous line for himself and this team. Do you really believe that this whole team, all of his teammates are behind him? They may follow suit and keep quit, but there seems to be much tension causing this team to not be able to focus on what to do overall...look at Shanahan and Plummer arguing in almost every game this year on the sidelines, if it keeps up -- (((Kaboom)))...Something or someone will finally blow a fuse and let it all out, this game is too emotional and passionate for players or coaches to keep it bottled up.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutlerfan
                    Did you watch the same play? Even the play by play guys said it was a pick. Two feet were in! I wanted Jake to have his 4th! He deserved it!
                    Ummm...Did you watch the game? The first INT wasn't an INT. The ball hit the ground.

Jake Plummer finished the game with three interceptions, but a review of the video shows that total should have been two. Plummer threw behind Javon Walker in the first quarter and Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha rolled as he tried to make the catch, then got up, returning to the Broncos 15-yard line. However, the ball can be seen pinned to the ground under his left leg before he got up to run and likely should have been challenged by the Broncos or ruled incomplete.
                    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...142452,00.html

So, let's examine the FACTS:

First INT was a poorly thrown ball, but it was NOT an INT, which wrongly lead to the raiders only TD.

Second was an INT and a bad throw, and being on first down makes it worse.

The third was on 4th down and was better than an incompletion. It amazes me that more QBs don't take chances on fourth down, after all, what is there to lose? This throw did not affect the outcome of the game in any way, shape or form.

The fourth wasn't called an INT, but even if it was, it was on third and long and acted just like a punt and would have cost the Broncos a total of 4 yards, considering where the subsequent punt landed.

That's the negative. On the positive side, Jake was 11-11 during the crucial "game time" , including 7 for 7 on the go ahead touchdown, and 4 for 4 when we were buried inside our own 1 yard line, and changed the field position when oakland was still in the game.

So, if you're going to count the INT that wasn't called an INT, have some intellectual integrity and don't count the first as an INT as it wasn't an INT. And don't tell me that the third one was a bad throw on 4th down, with no one open, it doesn't work that way. On 4th down with no one open, the SMART thing to do is throw the darn ball NO MATTER WHAT!
                    Last edited by lvbronx; 11-14-2006, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black00SS
                      Give Cutler a shot, Jake is going to cost us big, very soon IMO.

I'm still not convinced switching QB's is the route to go after a 7-2 start, specifically coming off of back-to-back wins. Much will be determined by the upcoming stretch vs. SD (twice), KC and Seattle.

Plummer can't afford to play like he did during the 1st 2+ quarters vs. the Raiders. Our defense played very well, which was the key to the win.

With no idea who will start at RB and a rookie LT, I still believe, barring an injury to Plummer, Cutler will take over next season. Consecutive losses, of course, could change that picture.
                      Last edited by keithbishop; 11-14-2006, 04:40 AM.
                      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Black00SS
                        Give Cutler a shot, Jake is going to cost us big, very soon IMO.
                        People have been saying variations of this for a couple years, and all the Broncos keep doing is win with Jake at QB.

Originally posted by Vandyman53
                        Polls close at midnight mountain time. Soon we will find out if Broncomania is a red state or a blue state.
                        Some of us are just trying to turn it in to an Orange and Blue state.

Originally posted by Coolguy
                        I think jake will start the rest of the season, but jay should start when we clinch the div.
                        If the Broncos have a game that doesn't matter (we aren't playing for a playoff spot, a bye or homefield advantage), then I sure hope Shanny puts Cutler in to get some experience.

Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                        I am not a Bronco fan....but Jake is the one who has played in all the games the Broncos have won,right????
                        You wouldn't think so based on reading this forum, would you?

Originally posted by lancane
                        He is a dangerous asset, no ways about it...even his best supporters (most of them) will agree that he can hurt the team as much as help them...he may be the starter, but he is playing on a very dangerous line for himself and this team. Do you really believe that this whole team, all of his teammates are behind him? They may follow suit and keep quit, but there seems to be much tension causing this team to not be able to focus on what to do overall...look at Shanahan and Plummer arguing in almost every game this year on the sidelines, if it keeps up -- (((Kaboom)))...Something or someone will finally blow a fuse and let it all out, this game is too emotional and passionate for players or coaches to keep it bottled up.
                        Considered a career as a fantasy writer? You appear to have a vivid imagination.

"There seems to be much tension causing the team to not focus"

There is no basis for the above statement. Virtually your entire post is pure speculation with little to no evidence to back it up.

What you see on the sideline between Jake and Shanahan is too intense people trying to win ball games and we have no idea what they are saying. They could very well be saying, "the safety bit on the play fake, if we can get Javon to roll over towards the middle we can hit them for a big play" and be saying it wit emotion, or Shanny could be saying, "Jake, you suck, I can't believe I am stuck with you, good thing I have the golden child on the bench, because he will take your job joon" and Jake replying, "Man, do you remember how hot Tina Turner was in Beyond Thunderdome, I'm gonna go by Blockbuster on the way home and rent that!!!!!!"

The point is that it is pure fantasy to try and claim we know what is being said on the sideline. All we know is that they are both intense. If you watch many NFL games, you see coaches and QBs, coaches and WRs, WRs and QBs, etc. talking to each other with intensity, it doesn't mean it is an argument. You see Al Wilson going around getting in people's faces and thumping them on the chest, if you take it just based on the physical reactions, you would think he was arguing with someone, when all he is trying to do is pump them up.
                        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx
                          Ummm...Did you watch the game? The first INT wasn't an INT. The ball hit the ground.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...142452,00.html

So, let's examine the FACTS:

First INT was a poorly thrown ball, but it was NOT an INT, which wrongly lead to the raiders only TD.

Second was an INT and a bad throw, and being on first down makes it worse.

The third was on 4th down and was better than an incompletion. It amazes me that more QBs don't take chances on fourth down, after all, what is there to lose? This throw did not affect the outcome of the game in any way, shape or form.

The fourth wasn't called an INT, but even if it was, it was on third and long and acted just like a punt and would have cost the Broncos a total of 4 yards, considering where the subsequent punt landed.

That's the negative. On the positive side, Jake was 11-11 during the crucial "game time" , including 7 for 7 on the go ahead touchdown, and 4 for 4 when we were buried inside our own 1 yard line, and changed the field position when oakland was still in the game.

So, if you're going to count the INT that wasn't called an INT, have some intellectual integrity and don't count the first as an INT as it wasn't an INT. And don't tell me that the third one was a bad throw on 4th down, with no one open, it doesn't work that way. On 4th down with no one open, the SMART thing to do is throw the darn ball NO MATTER WHAT!
                          Very good post.
                          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx
                            Because they don't want to ruin their precious quarterback rating!

Comment

• Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
                              Because they don't want to ruin their precious quarterback rating!
                              It's tough for Jake to harm his.
                              As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

• Originally posted by vandyman53
                                It's tough for Jake to harm his.
                                I get the feeling he is more worried about his 39-13 Broncos record and 7-2 record this season than his QB rating.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X