Plummer or Cutler? (Read post first!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tnedator
    I get the feeling he is more worried about his 39-13 Broncos record and 7-2 record this season than his QB rating.
    What do you do troll the boards defending the "great" Jake Plummer? I make a simple statement based on someone else's comment and you always have the propensity to butt in to a conversation.

It is not HIS 39-13 Bronco record by the way. It is the Broncos 39-13 record. That's where you become confused.
    As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

• Originally posted by tnedator
      Very good post.
      The ball was ruled an interception. One can't say it wasn't. The stats say it was. Perhaps we should take a TD pass away to make it even? You need to be a little lighthearted my friend you take the world much too seriously. Your comment, "Some are trying to make it an orange and blue state" after I joked about the polls closing is a perfect example.
      Last edited by vandyman53; 11-14-2006, 05:37 AM.
      As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by vandyman53
        The ball was ruled an interception. One can't say it wasn't. The stats say it was. Perhaps we should take a TD pass away to make it even? You need to be a little lighthearted my friend you take the world much too seriously. Your comment, "Some are trying to make it an orange and blue state" after I joked about the polls closing is a perfect example.

Again, a total lack of intellectual integrity.

Your whole argument was that the last ALLEDGED INT was a pick because YOU say it was, even though it wasn't ruled an INT either on the field nor in the replay, nor was it counted as one in the stats. Yet, you say it was an INT simply because it benefits your agenda.

Yet when it disparges Jake, you claim the first counts as an INT, using the argument that it was called an INT and then totally disregard the 4th alledged INT was an INT despite being ruled otherwise. Again, because this conclusion benefits your agenda, while blatantly disregarding intellectual integrity.

Comment

What do you do troll the boards defending the "great" Jake Plummer? I make a simple statement based on someone else's comment and you always have the propensity to butt in to a conversation.

It is not HIS 39-13 Bronco record by the way. It is the Broncos 39-13 record. That's where you become confused.
          Of course it is the team that won the 39 games, but it is Jake that lost the 13, right? I am far from a rah-rah Plummer guy, but the hypocrisy from some people is amazing.

What do you do troll the boards tearing down the "awful" Jake Plummer? Honestly, do you think many Bronco fans take what you have to say at face value? Your username tells us where your allegience lies....and it is not with the Broncos. So why don't you not criticize people who support more than one player on the team?

Do I like Jake? No. Am I ready to see Cutler? Getting there. But that doesn't matter. Jake Plummer is the starter and will remain the starter. You will not see a coach remove a QB when they are 7-2. For the obvious reason...they are 7-2. But also because it has a high probablity to divide and destroy a lockerroom. The team is behind Jake. Mike Shanahan will not mess with that chemistry. It has nothing to do with what the fans think and want and everything to do with what is going on with the team...and that is wins. Jake passed his test against Indy and Pittsburgh. Cutler will ride the pine until the playoff race is locked or Jake gets hurt.
          Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDB
            Of course it is the team that won the 39 games, but it is Jake that lost the 13, right? I am far from a rah-rah Plummer guy, but the hypocrisy from some people is amazing.

What do you do troll the boards tearing down the "awful" Jake Plummer? Honestly, do you think many Bronco fans take what you have to say at face value? Your username tells us where your allegience lies....and it is not with the Broncos. So why don't you not criticize people who support more than one player on the team?

Do I like Jake? No. Am I ready to see Cutler? Getting there. But that doesn't matter. Jake Plummer is the starter and will remain the starter. You will not see a coach remove a QB when they are 7-2. For the obvious reason...they are 7-2. But also because it has a high probablity to divide and destroy a lockerroom. The team is behind Jake. Mike Shanahan will not mess with that chemistry. It has nothing to do with what the fans think and want and everything to do with what is going on with the team...and that is wins. Jake passed his test against Indy and Pittsburgh. Cutler will ride the pine until the playoff race is locked or Jake gets hurt.
            Ernster passed his test also versus Saurbaun and looked at what we have in our Kicker Ernster.Do you also think if we get Saurbaun back that would divide the team as well.
            Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 11-14-2006, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• The only thing that would be divided if we switch Qbs is Broncomania 50-50

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
                Ernster passed his test also versus Saurbaun and looked at what we have in our Kicker Ernster.Do you also think if we get Saurbaun back that would divide the team as well.
                No. The punter is not the Captain of the team...the QB is. Apples and oranges.

The team is winning with Jake...the team is behind Jake...the lockerroom is his. You don't mess with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx
                  Ummm...Did you watch the game? The first INT wasn't an INT. The ball hit the ground.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...142452,00.html

So, let's examine the FACTS:

First INT was a poorly thrown ball, but it was NOT an INT, which wrongly lead to the raiders only TD.

Second was an INT and a bad throw, and being on first down makes it worse.

The third was on 4th down and was better than an incompletion. It amazes me that more QBs don't take chances on fourth down, after all, what is there to lose? This throw did not affect the outcome of the game in any way, shape or form.

The fourth wasn't called an INT, but even if it was, it was on third and long and acted just like a punt and would have cost the Broncos a total of 4 yards, considering where the subsequent punt landed.

That's the negative. On the positive side, Jake was 11-11 during the crucial "game time" , including 7 for 7 on the go ahead touchdown, and 4 for 4 when we were buried inside our own 1 yard line, and changed the field position when oakland was still in the game.

So, if you're going to count the INT that wasn't called an INT, have some intellectual integrity and don't count the first as an INT as it wasn't an INT. And don't tell me that the third one was a bad throw on 4th down, with no one open, it doesn't work that way. On 4th down with no one open, the SMART thing to do is throw the darn ball NO MATTER WHAT!

Yes, I did watch the game. I was referring to the interception that was reviewed the last one. As far as intellectual integrity - I was a college QB and I would have been yelled at for that throw. You throw the ball away - yes, but out of bounds. What would have happened if they called the play correctly and Oakland ran it back for a TD? A INT is NEVER a good thing! Punt - yes!

----------------------------------------------
                  I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

• Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                    Your the type of "fan" that wants to see Jake fail no matter what the cost to the Broncos just so you can push your objective.

Sad sad sad!!!

Thats disgraceful. I would expect that type of comment from a Raider fan or Pats fan but someone who might call themselves a "Bronco fan" its just pathetic.

:nono:
                    Blast me all you want. I agree I am biased towards Cutler. My point is that if Oakland and any Offense they would have won the game. Plummer is dangerous! He puts you in bad situations where the Defense has to bail them out! If you think that the way Plummer is playing will take you far into the playoffs then you are dreaming. I may be wrong! I am a Denver fan. I just think the TEAM as a whole deserved better than what Plummer did.

I will give credit to Plummer he did throw a winning TD.

----------------------------------------------
                    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx
                      Again, a total lack of intellectual integrity.

Your whole argument was that the last ALLEDGED INT was a pick because YOU say it was, even though it wasn't ruled an INT either on the field nor in the replay, nor was it counted as one in the stats. Yet, you say it was an INT simply because it benefits your agenda.

Yet when it disparges Jake, you claim the first counts as an INT, using the argument that it was called an INT and then totally disregard the 4th alledged INT was an INT despite being ruled otherwise. Again, because this conclusion benefits your agenda, while blatantly disregarding intellectual integrity.
                      No, actually I was attempting to be abstract in the thought process. Something that is very difficult for straight line thinkers. Lack of understanding what one is trying to convey does show a lack of "intellectual integrity". Also, I have no "agenda". Just trying to make a point abstractly and you failed to pick up on it. So I won't say anything about being "intellectual".

Also, if you had read my post I was not referring to supposed Int #4. I was referring to the one that was ruled a pick when some claim it was bobbled.

Tsk, tsk I am very intellectual and have very high integirty.
                      Last edited by vandyman53; 11-14-2006, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDB

You really do need to READ and COMPREHEND what people are saying before going on a diatribe. I have said nothing about Jake Plummer being "awful". I have said he is a middle of the road NFL quarterback that does some strange things for a 10 year vet. Maybe I should change my name to "Oskie" then you wouldn't claim I have some sort of agenda.

"JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED" :nono:
                        Last edited by vandyman53; 11-14-2006, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
                          Wow, this vote is close. Broncomania literally is split in half.
                          But the vote that counts is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutlerfan
                            Did you watch the same play? Even the play by play guys said it was a pick. Two feet were in! I wanted Jake to have his 4th! He deserved it!

So what is your agenda? Broncos to win or Jake to fail?

GO back to vandy where they deserve you!

Comment

You really do need to READ and COMPREHEND what people are saying before going on a diatribe. I have said nothing about Jake Plummer being "awful". I have said he is a middle of the road NFL quarterback that does some strange things for a 10 year vet. Maybe I should change my name to "Oskie" then you wouldn't claim I have some sort of agenda.

"JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED" :nono:
                              It is called reading between the lines. Your feelings about Jake are revealed in your posts. You may not come out and say Jake is "awful", but it is still there.

Actually, if you changed your username then you are right, I probably wouldn't have a point. But you're username is what it is. Right now, Jake is standing in the way of your boy, Vandyman. That is why some people see that you have an agenda. Like I have said, it is hard to take what you and other Vanderbilt fans have to say at face value...because you are 1st a Vandy fan, then a Bronco fan. Your loyalty is not to the team first. No different than the Ron Dayne fans.

If you would like to go private, I am willing to have a discussion with you on the inclusion of your last line...and how you seem to be using it out of context.
                              Last edited by LDB; 11-14-2006, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Wow...

This thread went nowhere fast.

You can't tell the difference from the first/second pages to the last couple of pages.

I think it's time we just let this one go. Jake is the starter for the Chargers game. Let's wait and see how he does in that game, and we'll evaluate his ability to win big games for the Broncos.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X