X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vandyman53
    replied
    Originally posted by JWinn
    First off, the scripture is in the sig, NOT the post!

Secondly, go ahead and respond to personal insults with the same. You'll receive the same treatment for it as anyone else. If you wish to lower yourself to such a level, I can just delete it, and warn you of what's to come.

But I'll remind you all AGAIN;

Act like a child, and be treated like one!

Dont expect another to mod to warn you though.....................
    As sure as the rules are evenly applied I have no qualms about that.

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    Originally posted by vandyman53
    I think I have tried to play nice. However, I will not take personal insults sitting on my fingers. Cutlerfan is right. Scripture is quoted yet the one who quotes it stirs the pot.
    First off, the scripture is in the sig, NOT the post!

Secondly, go ahead and respond to personal insults with the same. You'll receive the same treatment for it as anyone else. If you wish to lower yourself to such a level, I can just delete it, and warn you of what's to come.

But I'll remind you all AGAIN;

Act like a child, and be treated like one!

Dont expect another to mod to warn you though.....................

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by tnedator
    Considered a career as a fantasy writer? You appear to have a vivid imagination.

"There seems to be much tension causing the team to not focus"

There is no basis for the above statement. Virtually your entire post is pure speculation with little to no evidence to back it up.

What you see on the sideline between Jake and Shanahan is too intense people trying to win ball games and we have no idea what they are saying. They could very well be saying, "the safety bit on the play fake, if we can get Javon to roll over towards the middle we can hit them for a big play" and be saying it wit emotion, or Shanny could be saying, "Jake, you suck, I can't believe I am stuck with you, good thing I have the golden child on the bench, because he will take your job joon" and Jake replying, "Man, do you remember how hot Tina Turner was in Beyond Thunderdome, I'm gonna go by Blockbuster on the way home and rent that!!!!!!"

The point is that it is pure fantasy to try and claim we know what is being said on the sideline. All we know is that they are both intense. If you watch many NFL games, you see coaches and QBs, coaches and WRs, WRs and QBs, etc. talking to each other with intensity, it doesn't mean it is an argument. You see Al Wilson going around getting in people's faces and thumping them on the chest, if you take it just based on the physical reactions, you would think he was arguing with someone, when all he is trying to do is pump them up.
    Tned, yes actually I have started writing a series of fantasy novels. And yes, I admit I may be wrong in whole. But the fact is that it is not just emotions of winning, I have felt those rages before, the whole passion where you get into it with a coach or player, that is part of it. But watching these two...they look like a disgruntled son and father edging toward a fistfight showdown, and that is my opinion. I may not be a Plummer fanatic, and I certainly am not saying that he is the cause for all the tension, but some has to go there because of his erratic play. But what I am saying is that overall I believe that there is more to the Bronco team issues then just Plummer, more then any of us know, and that my friend is likely causing some tension between players, one of which may just be Plummer's play this year.

I do not think we will see Cutler until San Francisco, that is the truth. I do not like Jake and his play, but we are winning. I am in fact allowed to be critical of his play, or any one elses. But even being critical this year is causing tension...look at the boards! -- Nearly half divided on the Cutler vs Plummer issues and it will get worse the more he plays the way he has been. So in fact if it is causing tension here, how many players is it causing tension to, their careers and season are part of the fiasco as well, so to believe that no one is going behind Plummer saying this or that, or even feeling it and being quiet...that is just pure wishful thinking and homerism. Not saying you are Tned, but you need to be logical on this situation, no 53 men will agree or even like each other, nor not be critical when the 'leader' of their team is playing like a hapless mule. I was actually hoping he turned it around after the past two games before Oakland, and low and behold here comes the other Jake. We are going at each others throats on here...we are not making a million a year, what would we be doing if we were and the tensions were this way?

Just food for thought T!

Leave a comment:

• LDB
    replied
    Originally posted by cutlerfan
    LDB - We are all Denver family here. Lets just call it a truce! Is that cool?

Thanks!
    Sold.

Leave a comment:

• cutlerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by LDB
    Look, Cutlerfan, my statement is honest. It isn't mean spirited, it isn't said in condemnation, it isn't said to be rude. It is an honest opinion. None of which contradict my faith.

You have still failed to provide support for your assertions about me or my original posts, though. Instead, you try and deflect my arguments by attacking my signature.

That is the end of this discussion. I will not respond in this thread on this subject again. So please argue against my points...not against my sig.

Back on topic...many people would love to see Cutler get some play time. I am one of them. But it looks like he will have to wait a little while longer for that to happen.
    LDB - We are all Denver family here. Lets just call it a truce! Is that cool?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• LDB
    replied
    Does this statement by you ooze nice things? I don't think so.

Here is my two cents. I say keep Jake in there because you are winning. My point is I would like to see Jay get some playing time this year not because they bench Plummer.
    Look, Cutlerfan, my statement is honest. It isn't mean spirited, it isn't said in condemnation, it isn't said to be rude. It is an honest opinion. None of which contradict my faith.

You have still failed to provide support for your assertions about me or my original posts, though. Instead, you try and deflect my arguments by attacking my signature.

That is the end of this discussion. I will not respond in this thread on this subject again. So please argue against my points...not against my sig.

Back on topic...many people would love to see Cutler get some play time. I am one of them. But it looks like he will have to wait a little while longer for that to happen.

Leave a comment:

• vandyman53
    replied
    Originally posted by JWinn
    Guys, you all know how it works here.

Things get tight, people get personal, go where they shouldnt, and before you know it, threads are closed, people are on forced vaction, and everyone leaves mad.

NOBODY wants that!

Lets all behave like the adults we all are, and just talk about what we came here to talk about.

That being the Denver Broncos.

Play nice everyone.
    I think I have tried to play nice. However, I will not take personal insults sitting on my fingers. Cutlerfan is right. Scripture is quoted yet the one who quotes it stirs the pot.

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    Guys, you all know how it works here.

Things get tight, people get personal, go where they shouldnt, and before you know it, threads are closed, people are on forced vaction, and everyone leaves mad.

NOBODY wants that!

Lets all behave like the adults we all are, and just talk about what we came here to talk about.

That being the Denver Broncos.

Play nice everyone.

Leave a comment:

• cutlerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by LDB
    But more to the point, this is just an attempt to change the topic because you cannot defend your position.
    Does this statement by you ooze nice things? I don't think so.

Originally posted by LDB
    Right now, Jake is standing in the way of your boy
    Here is my two cents. I say keep Jake in there because you are winning. My point is I would like to see Jay get some playing time this year not because they bench Plummer.

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    Please look at back at post 129. So that I will not have to repost.

I know you are in Purgatory and I am sorry for that but that was your decision! You could have changed that by reading John 3:16

Go back to Vandy? I work at Vandy!
    Care to try bringing this back on topic, and leaving out the personal inults?

Or do I just close this? And let admin deal with you? Your choice.

Leave a comment:

• LDB
    replied
    I have to say some people are just rude!
    How was it rude?

Please LDB when Jay Cutler becomes QB - please leave! You refer to him with such hatred, but you put a Bible Verse as your signature. I would think you are better than this!
    First, I was a Bronco fan before Cutler even knew what a football was. And I will be a Bronco fan long after he has retired. I do not support single individuals. I support the Orange and Blue.

Second, please do me the courtesy of looking to see where I placed my vote in this very thread. Now, do you want to change your opinion? I think Cutler will be great. I even suspect that he would do better than Plummer right now. But the team is winning with Jake and the team plays their butt off for him. You don't mess with that.

I do not hate anybody. Nor do my post include any hatred. Please post my quotes that show this "hatred" of Jay Cutler. Now, once again, would you like to change your opinion?

In the meantime, I would appreciate it if you backed off the scripture bit. Going down that street is a violation of the CoC. Besides, it does not have anything to do with the subject at hand. But more to the point, this is just an attempt to change the topic because you cannot defend your position. If you would like to go private I would be more than willing to discuss my faith.
    Last edited by LDB; 11-14-2006, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cutlerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by JRWIZ
    So what is your agenda? Broncos to win or Jake to fail?

GO back to vandy where they deserve you!

Please look at back at post 129. So that I will not have to repost.

I know you are in Purgatory and I am sorry for that but that was your decision! You could have changed that by reading John 3:16

Go back to Vandy? I work at Vandy!

Leave a comment:

• Lomax
    replied
    Please LDB when Jay Cutler becomes the starting QB - please leave! You refer to him with such hatred, but you put a Bible Verse as your signature. I would think you are better than this!

Leave a comment:

• cutlerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by LDB
    Actually, if you changed your username then you are right, I probably wouldn't have a point. But you're username is what it is. Right now, Jake is standing in the way of your boy, Vandyman.
    Please LDB when Jay Cutler becomes the starting QB - please leave! You refer to him with such hatred, but you put a Bible Verse as your signature. I would think you are better than this!

Leave a comment:

• cutlerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by LDB
    It is called reading between the lines. Your feelings about Jake are revealed in your posts. You may not come out and say Jake is "awful", but it is still there.

Actually, if you changed your username then you are right, I probably wouldn't have a point. But you're username is what it is. Right now, Jake is standing in the way of your boy, Vandyman. That is why some people see that you have an agenda. Like I have said, it is hard to take what you and other Vanderbilt fans have to say at face value...because you are 1st a Vandy fan, then a Bronco fan. Your loyalty is not to the team first. No different than the Ron Dayne fans.

If you would like to go private, I am willing to have a discussion with you on the inclusion of your last line...and how you seem to be using it out of context.

I have to say some people are just rude!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X