Chicago Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Game

Hey all, focusing on Chicago... I saw the score of the St. Louis game and they almost won that game...in St. Louis!! Bulger threw 2 int's and Faulk sure didn't look like the old Marshall of old. It seems the Bears' defense is looking alot better. I didn't see the game, but what did any of you see? I think Plummer is playing smarter than Bulger right now (note the INT's), so I feel better about our chances (at mile high too), but what was it that the bears did to make St. Louis struggle so bad? How will we do better?

I'm not scared....bring on Da Bears....let's see what Hollywood Brian Urlacher can do!

Also, the game was played in Chicago...don't know what you were watching...

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Re: Chicago Game

Originally posted by motarque
      Hey all, focusing on Chicago... I saw the score of the St. Louis game and they almost won that game...in St. Louis!! Bulger threw 2 int's and Faulk sure didn't look like the old Marshall of old. It seems the Bears' defense is looking alot better. I didn't see the game, but what did any of you see? I think Plummer is playing smarter than Bulger right now (note the INT's), so I feel better about our chances (at mile high too), but what was it that the bears did to make St. Louis struggle so bad? How will we do better?
      Finally, talking turns to the upcoming game.

I think the Broncos defense should handle the Bears offense just fine. Chandler seems very comparable to Steve Beuerlein earlier this season. He's experienced and accurate. But his arm isn't as strong as it once was and he has a bad tendency to throw into coverage. I think we should come away with a few picks. Thomas isn't a bad back but he shouldn't pose too much of a threat to our D.

The Bears defense is fair. But I feel confident we'll move the ball on them better than the Rams did. With Jake playing again the Broncos' offense seems confident again.

And the game is in Denver. Not quite the home-field advantage is used to be but it's still tough on road teams.

I'm looking for a 2 - 3 touchdown victory.
      Last edited by Javalon; 11-17-2003, 01:26 PM.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Bulger kept forcing the ball. You cant force the ball with any team or it winds up as a INT. Way to beat the Bears is balanced attack of running and passing. Blitzing Chandler is also good to do. The Bears vrs Rams game was in Chicago.

Comment

CLICHE: On paper, the Broncos have more talent, but they don't play the games on paper.

CLICHE: On any given Sunday......

But I think that the Bears are certainly beatable. Mostly because they have problems generating offense. Defense is great, but you have to score points. None of their QB's would be starting anywhere else. I am not even sure about Thomas at RB, although he seemed alive in the Saint Louis game. They don't have a deep receiving threat. Basically, the offense is a mess. The defense has some talent, but isn't dominant enough to rely on to win a ton of games (ala Dungy era Bucs, the Ravens).

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyAsian
            I'm not scared....bring on Da Bears....let's see what Hollywood Brian Urlacher can do!

Also, the game was played in Chicago...don't know what you were watching...
            was it really? ... man. what was i watching?? must have been a little intoxicated with the joy of KC losing... still brings a smile to my face.
            Last edited by motarque; 11-17-2003, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
              Jav...substitute EVERYTHING you just said with "Detroit" and I'd have said the same thing a few weeks ago.

Let's hope we're more focused than we were in THAT game, eh?
              Oh yeah. That's the football psychology coming into play. We should have killed Detroit but the emotional letdown after slaughtering Oakland was palpable.

Hopefully, the Broncos realize that they can't afford a slipup at this point in their season and will keep focused on the game at hand.
              ------

Comment

I think the Vikings, Ravens and Pats found our weakness. They keep buying us beers. By the end of the game we are so drunk everyone thinks they are batman.

Comment

Originally posted by invisogothworld
                  I think the Vikings, Ravens and Pats found our weakness. They keep buying us beers. By the end of the game we are so drunk everyone thinks they are batman.
                  "I'mmm Batm...hic...mmm Batm...hic...Durrr...Givvve me another Coo...hic...Coors. Durrr...Randy whooo?"
                  ------

Comment

re:

Saint Louis did just about everything they could do in order to lose the game, but still ended up winning. Chicago's crowd was a little more into this game because it is Saint Louis.

Us and them just don't get along very well.

Our O-Line won't crumble like the Rams.
                    Our Defense will be more stingy against the pass.
                    Our Offense will not be stopped like Saint Louis.

My pick:

24 to 6.

I have my sights set on the KC vs. Denver game.

And I am just hoping and praying that Oakland has their breakout game against KC this coming weekend and exploits the **** out of their defensive secondary.

Comment

Re: re:

Originally posted by O_n_B_indaLou
                      And I am just hoping and praying that Oakland has their breakout game against KC this coming weekend and exploits the **** out of their defensive secondary.
                      What is their new QB's name? Mirer? I just hope he can get airborne again (he must have been 20 ft. up) and whoop up on the Chefs.
                      Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

I hope they pull out a win this weekend esspecially becuase I am flying to denver with my best friend to be at the game!. He's a Die Hard Bears fan, so I hope we give him no reason to cheer. I also have tickets to the Broncos at Raiders in Oakland. I might die there!...

The Bears have played very tough and their D is not bad. A-Train is a good RB, but they have no QB. One more loss and I think we have a Rex Grossman sighting in Chitown.

GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Oh man, Raider/Bronco game in the Collosium. Good Luck. Well anyway I think the Broncos will win. Portis will have a great game and will have 20-25 carries for 130 yards and 2td. Plummer will have a good game too. He will go 20-32 240 yards and 3tds. Hopefully they keep Rod returning punts and not O'neal. Our defense will do great again holding the A-train to 45 yards and Chandler will go 12-26 125 yards and 1td. Broncos will win in another blowout.

Bears-10
                          Broncos-38

Hopefully its not a repeat of the Lions/Broncos game a few weeks ago. We definitly could not afford a loss to the Bears. If we lose to the Bears I think that we will not make the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                          X