Question about the dante hall return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the dante hall return

Ok i'm not trying to whine or take anything away from dante hall but i keep getting into arguments with my roommates here in baltimore. I keep telling them that i saw a three blocks in the back one when he was going to the right and two when he came back to his left right on the 4 yard line. the ref was so busy getting out of the way he totally missed it . I know it's over and done with but i just want to make sure i'm not going crazy.

Nope, you're not going crazy. Three seperate instances of illegal blocks by the Chiefs helped spring Hall for his 4th consecutive runback last year. We saw it, Shannahan saw it. The sad thing is even Vermiel admitted he saw it when he reviewed the tape during his press confrence the following day!

The refs just missed the call...all three of them.

But that's football, and these things will happen...to Denver...at Arrowhead.

Dante didn't have the same luck when the Chiefs came to Mile High did he? No, Portis did though. He ran a few in...like four.

I'd say we're even.

Comment

what roomates in baltimore?

Do they need some broken legs?

I've got some friends who could do so...

Then we could drink beer and bull**** on whether we're going undefeated next season

Comment

i counted 4 blocks in the backs....
        Rod Smith's response to Clinton Portis about being traded to Washington...

"Why the %^&! did we do that?"

Comment

Re: Question about the dante hall return

Originally posted by johnnyelway
          Ok i'm not trying to whine or take anything away from dante hall but i keep getting into arguments with my roommates here in baltimore. I keep telling them that i saw a three blocks in the back one when he was going to the right and two when he came back to his left right on the 4 yard line. the ref was so busy getting out of the way he totally missed it . I know it's over and done with but i just want to make sure i'm not going crazy.
          I have that whole game on tape, and yes there were illegal blocks on the punt return and the refs didn't notice it. Matter of fact their were several of things that went unoticed in that game like Holmes being tackled by his face mask on the goal line but that somehow slip past the radar and wasn't called either.
          The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.

Comment

Re: Re: Question about the dante hall return

Originally posted by The X-Factor 82
            I have that whole game on tape, and yes there were illegal blocks on the punt return and the refs didn't notice it. Matter of fact their were several of things that went unoticed in that game like Holmes being tackled by his face mask on the goal line but that somehow slip past the radar and wasn't called either.
            Did he not score?
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

One word for that return:

Bull****.
              sigpic

Comment

If he scored it must have been from 1 yard out as usual.
                The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                  If he scored it must have been from 1 yard out as usual.
                  Do I sense jelousy?

Comment

Jealousy?? Why even Trent Green should be able to score from 1 yard out? He needed to have some game busting runs... you know like Portis did when he scored.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                      Jealousy?? Why even Trent Green should be able to score from 1 yard out? He needed to have some game busting runs... you know like Portis did when he scored.
                      Just wondering.. becuase every since Holmes set the TD record all I've herd from bronco fans was 1 yard this 1 yard that trying to diminish his accomplishments!
                      Last edited by The X-Factor 82; 04-16-2004, 09:58 PM.

Comment

He has the record, but no way he worked harder at it than when Faulk took it away from Smith.

Comment

Re: Re: Question about the dante hall return

Originally posted by The X-Factor 82
                          um.... erase it!!!

Comment

a shame

To be perfectly honest that was just a shame that they missed that call. Everyone knows the refs were busy watchin dante when chris cole got blocked in the back and then got up to make the tacle and got it again. They also earlier in the game brought back a touchdown for holding on delth oneal's return it is a sin and a shame no flags were thrown

Comment

Yes it was a horendous ( spelling?) call, but we it did not cost us the game. Jason Elam missed a go-ahead field goal late in the game.
                              We need nasty

Comment

Working...
                              X