• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapseats
    Yes.

The Bronco player that recovered the Holmes fumble did step out of bounds before recovering the ball. And he also batted the ball while being in out of bounds.... oh wait, we are talking about bad calls in the Arrowhead game.... my bad.
    Ok....we'll give that back to you......now what about the other 20+ points......?

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Uhmmm

"The Bronco player that recovered the Holmes fumble did step out of bounds before recovering the ball. And he also batted the ball while being in out of bounds.... oh wait, we are talking about bad calls in the Arrowhead game.... my bad."

The call was reviewed for quite some time. The reason that wasn't called was because the rule doesn't state that a defender can't be out of bounds before he re-establishes himself to be the first to touch a fumble or a pass. He's not the receiver, he's the defender. The rule was put into place so that WR or ST players wouldn't run out of bounds to avoid potential blocks or 'bumps', giving them an unfair advantage. Ssince there is no logical 'anvantage' for a defensive back to be running with a WR down the field while out of bounds, the rule didn't apply to that fumble. That is why that call wasn't overturned after being looked at it over and over again. They wanted to be sure WHEN he grabbed the ball, that his feet weren't out of bounds at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• BlueDamsel
    replied
    Originally posted by O&B_Forever
    It's a representation of our uniform's evolution, don't take it any further than that.
    But they got the color wrong on the first one...I'll have to pull up a pic...*eee*

I think it was more goldenrod than canary...

Leave a comment:

• O&B_Forever
    replied
    It's a representation of our uniform's evolution, don't take it any further than that.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by O&B_Forever
    what roomates in baltimore?

Do they need some broken legs?

I've got some friends who could do so...

Then we could drink beer and bull**** on whether we're going undefeated next season
    Is it just me or is that Jarious Jackson's number 17 on that picture? I've seen that picture in the sports stores around here and I won't get it because it doesn't have the right players on it. Granted I don't know the older players, but where the hell is Elway's jersey, and Davis' jersey, and McCaffrey's and Atwater's and all of those guys?

Leave a comment:

• JED Bronco
    replied
    AFC West?

Originally posted by Fat Joe
    Yes there we blocks in the back, no we cant change it, yes we shot ourselves in the foot that game. Oh well, still made the play offs and went just as far as the chiefs.

Now that I think about, Indy had there way with the ACF west last year, damn.
    I do remember week 16 Denver 31 Indy 17....and we spanked them.

Two words for the playoff game "Nick Ferguson"...oops three "Zone"

Leave a comment:

• cheapseats
    replied
    Yes.

The Bronco player that recovered the Holmes fumble did step out of bounds before recovering the ball. And he also batted the ball while being in out of bounds.... oh wait, we are talking about bad calls in the Arrowhead game.... my bad.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Joe
    replied
    Yes there we blocks in the back, no we cant change it, yes we shot ourselves in the foot that game. Oh well, still made the play offs and went just as far as the chiefs.

Now that I think about, Indy had there way with the ACF west last year, damn.

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    Originally posted by Mile High Jedi

Dante didn't have the same luck when the Chiefs came to Mile High did he? No, Portis did though. He ran a few in...like four.

I'd say we're even.
    Like 5!!

Leave a comment:

• StlBroncosFan
    replied
    Even being a Broncos fan...I have to give credit where credit is due...Dante is awesome! I really like the guy.

There were blocks in the back but that happens all over the league. Shoot, look at how Ty Law mugs his opponents and they go to the Super Bowl.

This year though....Dante will play hell trying to get one to the promise land against Denver! Then Vermeil will sit on the sidelines with his double sized box of tissues and cry. LOL

Leave a comment:

• SBAlki
    replied
    Yes it was a horendous ( spelling?) call, but we it did not cost us the game. Jason Elam missed a go-ahead field goal late in the game.

Leave a comment:

• broncofan2121
    replied
    a shame

To be perfectly honest that was just a shame that they missed that call. Everyone knows the refs were busy watchin dante when chris cole got blocked in the back and then got up to make the tacle and got it again. They also earlier in the game brought back a touchdown for holding on delth oneal's return it is a sin and a shame no flags were thrown

Leave a comment:

• broncsx3
    replied
    Re: Re: Question about the dante hall return

Originally posted by The X-Factor 82
    I have that whole game on tape, and yes there were illegal blocks on the punt return and the refs didn't notice it. Matter of fact their were several of things that went unoticed in that game like Holmes being tackled by his face mask on the goal line but that somehow slip past the radar and wasn't called either.
    um.... erase it!!!

Leave a comment:

• Elway
    replied
    He has the record, but no way he worked harder at it than when Faulk took it away from Smith.

Leave a comment:

• The X-Factor 82
    replied
    Originally posted by Elway
    Jealousy?? Why even Trent Green should be able to score from 1 yard out? He needed to have some game busting runs... you know like Portis did when he scored.
    Just wondering.. becuase every since Holmes set the TD record all I've herd from bronco fans was 1 yard this 1 yard that trying to diminish his accomplishments!
    Last edited by The X-Factor 82; 04-16-2004, 09:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X