AFC West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFC West

It sucks how close we are with everybody like KC and SD... If we win this weekend and lose next weekend then we are tied again. I think we play KC then then that would be a huge game for the AFC West.

were still ahed in the west due to our afc record
    MMA News
    MMA News 247

Comment

I know but We could lose it this weekend I we dont need that.

Comment

On the bright side

If Denver wins next 2 games... we have a huge lead.
        We'd be 9-2... KC couldn't catch us and we would hold the tie-breaker over SD.
        Even if we lost to SD @SD, we would still hold the tie-breaker. Essentially, if we beat KC, we just have to split with SD (for tie-breaker purposes)
        sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
        Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Champs Chumps
          If Denver wins next 2 games... we have a huge lead.
          We'd be 9-2... KC couldn't catch us and we would hold the tie-breaker over SD.
          Even if we lost to SD @SD, we would still hold the tie-breaker. Essentially, if we beat KC, we just have to split with SD (for tie-breaker purposes)
          even if we lose to KC we have to split with SD since they lost to KC as well, and KC is going to lose a couple more games.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce80_267
            I know but We could lose it this weekend I we dont need that.
            and so could they.....
            "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
            -The best in the business-

Comment

the afc west is the hardest division in football, the raiders would be around .500 if they played in an easy division. 2 of the top 3 teams in the league are in the AFC West and Cheifs are a top 5 team when healthy. Its a tough division thats going to be close till the end. My steelers friends all offseason talked about "the afc north is the hardest division is football without a doubt" and i would laugh and say nooo you are mistaken but they wouldnt listen. Its the been the hardest divison for a while and the North is probably the 2nd hardest in the afc but the ravens are not that good and aparently neither are the bengals (defense was very over rated last season got tons of lucky turnovers) or steelers, the steelers are the best team in that division but they got hot/lucky last year around the playoffs and won it all and havent had the same breaks going for them this season im sure next year the steelers will be back ontop of the north and the ravens will fall back down. But what does it say about the division that we (the broncos) have beaten both the steelers and ravens this season and we might not even be the best team in our division...
              sigpic

Comment

indeed, a lot depends on the next 4 games... lets hope our offense and defense get on the same sheet of music

Comment

To me, the next 2 games are a must win for the AFC West title.
                  XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

thats why ive been saying all along that these next 3 weeks are going to be the most important for denver. if we win all, then that will be an insurmountable lead.

Comment

Winning these next two games would be huge in the AFC West race. I hope the team plays at a higher level that we haven't seen this year yet. They're going to have to kick it up a few notches in order to win.

The stretch from the SD game to the KC game is very short, so less rest and less time to recover from any possible injuries (***no injuries please***).

I'm usually optimistic about things, but I have to say, I'm a little scared about these next weeks.

Comment

i love playing in the AFC West. it's always a competition. seems like we don't get much press about being such a tough division, tho. it's so challenging but at least you know that if you win the division you have a good shot at beating anyone else. well, unless your a chiefs fan. then you hope and pray we can beat someone in the playoffs. ha!
                        Last edited by oliku; 11-15-2006, 11:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Even if the Broncos cant win the division, chances are they can still make the playoffs, and as we saw with Pittsburgh last year, as long as youre in the playoffs, you have a chance at the ultimate prize.

Comment

Just imangine if the seahawks were still in the afc west. It'd be the toughest division of all. Thank god the seahawks went to the nfc.

On topic: if the broncos we're to win both games, we'd probably win the division. But we would have to win at least 3 more games after that to keep the lead. As I see SD losing a couple of games and I don't see the Chiefs making a run for the divison title. Let's hope the team has enough energy to play two tough games that would help us futher our lead on our rivals. The Broncos only have a 3 day rest and they need every bit as SD will be tough to beat.

Comment

Realistically, the Broncos can win the AFC West splitting the games with both the Chiefs and Chargers by virtue of their conference record.

Denver has lost only one conference game this season. San Diego has lost two, and the Chiefs have lost four, I believe. If we beat the Chargers at home, but lose to Kansas City at Arrowhead, so long as we beat the Bengals at home and tie/better the Chiefs' or the Chargers' record, we will win the West.

However, it is much more important at this point to sweep the Chargers than it is to sweep the Chiefs.
                              Last edited by mojo0730; 11-15-2006, 11:25 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X