Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF the season ended TODAY.... (After week 10!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF the season ended TODAY.... (After week 10!)

Another week, another win that keeps us ahead of the Chargers (for now at least), and ahead of everyone else in the AFC except for the Colts.

Last weeks win...even though it was against the Raiders, was HUGE. It gives us another divisional win, and we're now 3-0.

THIS week's game is even bigger. We're playing at home against SD. If we win, we'll guarentee at least a split of the season series vs. San Diego, and that would be crucial, because as of right now, we have a better divisional record, and that's what the tiebreaker would be between us. Not to mention they'd be 2
    games behind in the divisional record at that point.

Big game this week, but really, every game is big.

I'm adding an "In the Hunt" section to this as well, with possibilites since we're getting closer and closer to the end of the season, so a little more work, and a little more in depth today!

Here's how the AFC would look if the season ended today.

1. Indy 9-0
    2. Denver 7-2
    3. Baltimore 7-2
    4. New England 6-3
    5. San Diego 7-2 (1st Wild Card)
    6. Jacksonville 5-4 (2nd Wild Card)

In the Hunt:
    7. NY Jets 5-4
    8. Kansas City 5-4

Explanations, and Scenerios:

INDY is first because they are the only undefeated team.

Denver is second because they have beaten Baltimore head to head. Denver is leading their division because they have no played San Diego head to head yet, and they have a better divisional record than them. If it came down to it, Denver also has a better AFC record then them to use as another tiebreaker if they finished the season tied.

Baltimore is third because they have the best record among remaining divisional leaders.

New England is fourth because they have the worst record among division leaders.

San Diego is fifth because they have the best record among non divisional leaders. If San Diego beats Denver this week, they will switch places next week, they will be leading their division, and will be the THIRD seed in the AFC, assuming Baltimore wins as well, leaving Baltimore as the Second seed, and Denver as the fifth seed.

Jacksonville is the sixth seed because of the three 5-4 non division leaders, they have beaten the Jets head to head, and have a better AFC record than KC, giving them the tie breaker.

The Jets are currently tied with Jacksonville, and Jacksonville will hold the tiebreaker over them for the rest of the year, since Jacksonville beat New York. In order for New York to move into the sixth and final Playoff seed, they will need to be a game ahead of Jacksonville. If New York wins this week, and Jacksonville loses, the Jets will be the sixth seed next week.

Kansas City is third among 5-4 non division leaders, currently putting them in the 8th seed. They are behind New York and Jacksonville because of their dismal 1-4 AFC record. This will hurt them in most tiebreaking situations. Kansas City would need to win and the Jets would need to lose, along with the Jaguars, in order for KC to move into the sixth seed next week.

Matchups:

Jax @ Baltimore

My Prediction: Baltimore 21, Jax 17
    That would mean.....Baltimore would play @ Invesco in the AFC Divisional Game.

SD @ New England
    My prediction: San Diego 34, New England 24
    Which would mean.... San Diego would play @ Indy in the AFC Divsional game.

Indy and Denver would have Bye Weeks.

MY Divisional Game Predictions: Denver 24, Baltimore 10 Indy 27, San Diego 24.

Denver would play @ INDY in the AFC Championship game.

My prediction: Indy 28, Denver 21.

My Predicted AFC Champ after week 10: INDY.

I'll post NFC seedings, scenerios, predictions and more in the next post.

Last edited by RunYouOver; 11-15-2006, 01:06 PM.
    Administrator

sigpic

NFC Seedings, predictions, scenerios:

1. Chicago 8-1
    2. New Orleans 6-3
    3. Seattle 6-3
    4. NY Giants 6-3
    5. Philly 5-4 (1st WC)
    6. Atlanta 5-4 (2nd WC)

In the Hunt:

7 & 8 Carolina & Dallas 5-4

Explanations:

Chicago is first because they have the best record.

New Orleans is second because among remaining division leaders, they have the best NFC recrod.

Seattle is third because they beat the Giants Head to Head, giving them the tiebreaker.

The Giants are fourth because they are the last division leader.

[bPhilly[/b] is fifth because they have the best NFC record among 5-4 NFC teams.

Atlanta is sixth because they have beaten Carolina to give them the advantage in their own division, and because Dallas is elminated, because in tiebreaker situations where the teams in a division are tied, the one with the better conference seating remains in contention while the other team is elminated. In this case, that team elimnated is Dallas.

Dallas is seventh because they were elimanted from contention with the Eagles (see Atlanta) and they have beaten Carolina head to head.

Carolina is eighth because they have lost to both Dallas and Atlanta.

Matchups: Atlanta @ Seattle
    Philly @ NY Giants.

Chicago and New Orleans have Bye weeks.

My Predictions: Seattle 17, Atlanta 14, NY Giants 34 Philly 10

Which means.....Seattle @ New Orleans and Giants @ Chicago in the divisional games.

My Predictions: New Orleans 27, Seattle 17, Chicago 24 Giants 7.

which means.....

New Orleans @ Chicago in the championship game....
    My Predictions: Chicago 20, New Orleans 14..

Which Means: Chicago vs. Indy in the Super Bowl (Yes, both #1 seeds )

My Prediction after week 10.... Chicago 37, Indy 34.

Any questions or comments feel free to post..

Enjoy!
    Last edited by RunYouOver; 11-17-2006, 12:19 PM.
    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Bump....
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Great work. I really enjoy these.

:thumb:
        sigpic

Comment

That Indy/SD matchup would be a good game. In fact you could have a replay of last year and have the AFC Championship game in Denver. The last two years SD has played Indy as good as anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by ckstorm182000
            That Indy/SD matchup would be a good game. In fact you could have a replay of last year and have the AFC Championship game in Denver. The last two years SD has played Indy as good as anyone else.

Yeah, I was tempted to predict SD over Indy, two very high powered offenses, and decent defenses...LT could explode though.
            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I think SD matches up against Indy very well, and would give them all that Indy could handle. Your predictions are very well thought out, and I appreciate the "at this point" playoff standings.

But, there is a lot of football still to be played between now and the playoffs!!

Comment

Thanks RYO, I look forward to these every week. Awesome of you to keep us all up to date on where the teams stand. Thanks for the time invested.

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver
                  Another week, another win that keeps us ahead of the Chargers (for now at least), and ahead of everyone else in the AFC except for the Colts.

Last weeks win...even though it was against the Raiders, was HUGE. It gives us another divisional win, and we're now 3-0.

THIS week's game is even bigger. We're playing at home against SD. If we win, we'll guarentee at least a split of the season series vs. San Diego, and that would be crucial, because as of right now, we have a better divisional record, and that's what the tiebreaker would be between us. Not to mention they'd be 2
                  games behind in the divisional record at that point.

Big game this week, but really, every game is big.

I'm adding an "In the Hunt" section to this as well, with possibilites since we're getting closer and closer to the end of the season, so a little more work, and a little more in depth today!

Here's how the AFC would look if the season ended today.

1. Indy 9-0
                  2. Denver 7-2
                  3. Baltimore 7-2
                  4. New England 6-3
                  5. San Diego 7-2 (1st Wild Card)
                  6. Jacksonville 5-4 (2nd Wild Card)

In the Hunt:
                  7. NY Jets 5-4
                  8. Kansas City 5-4

Explanations, and Scenerios:

INDY is first because they are the only undefeated team.

Denver is second because they have beaten Baltimore head to head. Denver is leading their division because they have no played San Diego head to head yet, and they have a better divisional record than them. If it came down to it, Denver also has a better AFC record then them to use as another tiebreaker if they finished the season tied.

Baltimore is third because they have the best record among remaining divisional leaders.

New England is fourth because they have the worst record among division leaders.

San Diego is fifth because they have the best record among non divisional leaders. If San Diego beats Denver this week, they will switch places next week, they will be leading their division, and will be the THIRD seed in the AFC, assuming Baltimore wins as well, leaving Baltimore as the Second seed, and Denver as the fifth seed.

Jacksonville is the sixth seed because of the three 5-4 non division leaders, they have beaten the Jets head to head, and have a better AFC record than KC, giving them the tie breaker.

The Jets are currently tied with Jacksonville, and Jacksonville will hold the tiebreaker over them for the rest of the year, since Jacksonville beat New York. In order for New York to move into the sixth and final Playoff seed, they will need to be a game ahead of Jacksonville. If New York wins this week, and Jacksonville loses, the Jets will be the sixth seed next week.

Kansas City is third among 5-4 non division leaders, currently putting them in the 8th seed. They are behind New York and Jacksonville because of their dismal 1-4 AFC record. This will hurt them in most tiebreaking situations. Kansas City would need to win and the Jets would need to lose, along with the Jaguars, in order for KC to move into the sixth seed next week.

Matchups:

Jax @ Baltimore

My Prediction: Baltimore 21, Jax 17
                  That would mean.....Baltimore would play @ Invesco in the AFC Divisional Game.

SD @ New England
                  My prediction: San Diego 34, New England 24
                  Which would mean.... San Diego would play @ Indy in the AFC Divsional game.

Indy and Denver would have Bye Weeks.

MY Divisional Game Predictions: Denver 24, Baltimore 10 Indy 27, San Diego 24.

Denver would play @ INDY in the AFC Championship game.

My prediction: Indy 28, Denver 21.

My Predicted AFC Champ after week 10: INDY.

I'll post NFC seedings, scenerios, predictions and more in the next post.

good job RYO. I would give a cP but .......you know the deal
                  NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                    good job RYO. I would give a cP but .......you know the deal
                    What deal?!

Just kidding
                    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I could be wrong

I think you are wrong on the NFC.

Here's why:

On WC tie-breakers... all tie-breakers are settled in division first... then in conference...

So I have the WC's as Philly and ATL.

Philly beat Dallas.. so they are the first team in the NFC in the mix.
                      Atl beat Carolina.. same deal.

Dallas & Carolina are out.

I remember this coming up last year or the year before, I think it's set up that way so no division can get 3 teams in based on tie-breakers.
                      sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
                      Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Champs Chumps
                        I think you are wrong on the NFC.

Here's why:

On WC tie-breakers... all tie-breakers are settled in division first... then in conference...

So I have the WC's as Philly and ATL.

Philly beat Dallas.. so they are the first team in the NFC in the mix.
                        Atl beat Carolina.. same deal.

Dallas & Carolina are out.

I remember this coming up last year or the year before, I think it's set up that way so no division can get 3 teams in based on tie-breakers.
                        I think you're right, actually.

I made an error, I think I saw that Dallas had beaten Atlanta, and so then Philly and Dallas would have the tiebreakers, but that didn't happen, again, my fault.

It is possible for three teams in a division to get in though. For example if The chiefs finish 11-5, the Chargers finish 12-4, and we finish 13-3, and the next best non division leader in the AFC is 10-6, we would have 3 teams in as far as I know.

But in this case, you're right.
                        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

The NFC, and my predictions have been edited accordingly.
                          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X