Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

remember the days when denver went 13-0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remember the days when denver went 13-0?

and then the Giants got lucky with a hail marry pass to end the streak. That 13-0 Broncos team was by far better than this year or last years Colts!
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

Originally posted by Breezer
    and then the Giants got lucky with a hail marry pass to end the streak. That 13-0 Broncos team was by far better than this year or last years Colts!
    meh

doesnt matter what you do in the regular season

Postseason is the key

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
      meh

Postseason is the key
      sure it does! It is a step to the playoffs. If you lose 11 games, you don't even get a chance to play in the playoffs. The regular season does mean something. If it didn't why even have it.
      jt-sw.com/football

Comment

Originally posted by Breezer
        sure it does! It is a step to the playoffs. If you lose 11 games, you don't even get a chance to play in the playoffs. The regular season does mean something. If it didn't why even have it.
        explain the term of "Undefeated" to last years colts team

how far did they go?

Comment

meh

Postseason is the key

ask that question to the steelers. do you think they cared about record...they were just anxious to get into the playoffs and they mopped up all the high seeded teams to get to the superbowl. so 13-0 doesnt mean jack except for home field and when you do get home field you better be ready...everyones hungry in the nfl.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
            ask that question to the steelers. do you think they cared about record...they were just anxious to get into the playoffs and they mopped up all the high seeded teams to get to the superbowl. so 13-0 doesnt mean jack except for home field and when you do get home field you better be ready...everyones hungry in the nfl.
            exactly..........13-0.......undefeated.........w/e........if you go undefeated that doesnt mean you just get handed the Lombardi trophy on a platter

Comment

The 98 Broncos dominated pretty much the whole season. The loss to the Giants who ended up 8-8 came out of nowhere. Then the next week we didn't really need to play for anything so the Dolphins pulled out a win, but we made up for it in the playoffs by beating them 35-3. It was the best of both worlds with the 2 back to back SB wins. The first one, we were a wildcard and a huge underdog in the Superbowl. The second one we dominated all year and only lost 2 games.
              2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

exactly..........13-0.......undefeated.........w/e........if you go undefeated that doesnt mean you just get handed the Lombardi trophy on a platter
                Who said it did? Denver did win the Super Bowl the year they started 13-0! The Colts didn't. Learn your Broncos history before you try to sound like you know what you are talking about.
                jt-sw.com/football

Comment

Maybe I'm a little biased but I haven't seen as good of a team as the 98 Broncos since. Offensively there was, and is, no equal, only the 99 Rams might be close.
                  sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724
                    Maybe I'm a little biased but I haven't seen as good of a team as the 98 Broncos since. Offensively there was, and is, no equal, only the 99 Rams might be close.
                    The 1998 Broncos, in my opinion, were the most complete Broncos' unit ever, and I think they would rank at the very top of the most dominant teams of the last 10 years.

God, that was a fun season!
                    sigpic

Comment

meh

Postseason is the key
                      .....If so, then it matters if you do good enough, in the Regular season to Get to the playoffs, right?

Comment

Then the next week we didn't really need to play for anything so the Dolphins pulled out a win, but we made up for it in the playoffs by beating them 35-3. It was the best of both worlds with the 2 back to back SB wins.
                        Denver actually used a preseason playbook that game. Shanny knew we might face them in the playoffs, so he scaled everything back.

But, to be fair, the Giants had our number that day. It wasn't a hail mary and they were driving on us regardless. =x

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
                          Denver actually used a preseason playbook that game. Shanny knew we might face them in the playoffs, so he scaled everything back.

But, to be fair, the Giants had our number that day. It wasn't a hail mary and they were driving on us regardless. =x
                          Yeah, I remember Elway throwing a hail mary in that game, but not the Giants...

Who was the Giants quarterback in that game? I can't remember his name...
                          sigpic

Comment

I remember that team very well. I remember Terrel Davis hitting 1000 yards in like 6 games making him the fastest to do so. And he didn't even play full games that year because we had such big leads that we would take some starters out. That was one of the best teams that I have ever seen in the NFL EVER!!!
                            RIP Darrent Williams
                            You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Comment

It was also the first time that an AFC West team swept it's division.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X