RFA deadline...Ian Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFA deadline...Ian Gold

Did Ian Gold sign an offer sheet with anyone? I think the RFA deadline was midnight last night...so do we keep him?

Ian Gold is not a restricted Free Agent, he was unrestricted. There is no deadline for him.
    We need nasty

Comment

I saw that too...Vilma looks NICE. Hmm...I thought he was a RFA...sorry

Comment

My understanding is that Gold's unrestricted, being a fourth year player. The league's explanation is below, I'm just not sure if the June 1 tender is prior to or on the day.

"Unrestricted veteran free agents are players who have completed four or more accrued seasons of service and whose contracts have expired. They are free to sign with any club through July 22 (or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later). On July 23, their exclusive rights will revert to their original club if that club makes a June 1 tender to these players. Teams will have until the 10th week of the season (Nov. 9) to sign their unrestricted veteran free agents to whom a tender was made on June 1. If the player does not sign by Nov. 9, he must continue to sit out the remainder of the season. If a June 1 tender is not made to an unrestricted free agent, he continues to be free to sign with any club. "
        The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
        BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
        You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

i dont know why, but I thought he was a 3rd year guy....so he has until June first? Dang newbies. Thanks for straightening me out.

Comment

Originally posted by westflbroncostud
            i think he will be coming back after he realizes that hes not that hot with his injury....and he needs a new agent....that dude is fillin his head wid all sorts of crap
            Another black mark for those suggesting that we trade up to get Winslow, same agents, the Potsons.

You'll Never Walk Alone

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Comment

Gold is an UFA. The only tender Denver could have made to Gold was a franchise tender, but that deadline passed a month ago. Gold's agent still wants a $15 million signing bonus. That's more than Al Wilson got!
              My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

I don't know if We want him around if he's really that dilusional. Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by westflbroncostud
                  that agent is a crack pot.....
                  A THOUGHT
                  if we draft winslow....do u think gold will come back???
                  That sounds like major agent trouble down the line!

You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

He's insane to even ask for anything more than 20 million SB. ACL tears can end your entire career and even if you can continue playing you may never be the same. Until he drops the price below 7 million he's not getting it. No team is going to risk the potential dead money he may become.

Sonja Grimes, My Cousin, We Miss and Love You.
                    The Falcons Flock Message Board

Comment

After seeing that Gold was not going to waiver on his asking price, Denver pulled their offer to him......now he's without a team totally. He'd be lucky to get half what we originally offered when we 'had' money.
                      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X