X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorcust
    They're both better than Charlie Adams.
    Quoted for truth.
    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

If Tony Scheffler had his preseason form, by god, our offense would be something that wasn't complained about commonly. Atleast we'd get some presence from our TE (I liked what Nate did last week though).

Hopefully Scheffler can earn himself back some PT and then try to get things going.
      Yeah remember who was throwing him the football tho. they were room mates in training camp they got some early chemistry.

Comment

I'm talking about plays like the 50 yard reception that was called back by an Alexander holding call (honestly, as a pass blocker/run blocker,

That is one play. One play that didn't count. he had 2 plays that did count and they netted 22 yards. That isn't much to go on.

I'll take Kircus and his 6 receptions and 22 yard average. For now anyway.

Comment

If he can earn the spot and produce at the spot/position, then he should have no problem earning the position. Good healthy competition is what we need along with some needed production at the position on gameday.
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

Comment

If the Broncos offense has to go with two TE sets to help shore up our weak tackle play, it really won't matter. With the exception of three or four plays a game they will be watching from the sidelines. Untill our offensive tackles can secure the corner who is our best third WR will be a moot point.

An examination of the Broncos' recent past further lessens the importance who is our better #3. Denver has never really used the third wide receiver extensively during Shanahan's reign as head coach. In reality, the TE has been our number three receiver not a wide out. What we need is a TE that both blocks and can catch the football.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty
              Yeah remember who was throwing him the football tho. they were room mates in training camp they got some early chemistry.
              That's little reason for explaining how Scheffler has had trouble getting open, and how he has had dropsies, which he did not in the preseason. Maybe it's adjusting to the speed of the game? I doubt Plummer plays a huge part of the reason Scheffler is struggling, though Jake plays some part to a small degree (diff QB, but the change isn't that significant based on Scheffler's struggles). Scheffler was inactive and is seeing less PT for a reason, I'm guessing.
              sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
              Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

I'm not really worried about Kircus or Marshall's lukewarm performances this season because next season all of that will go away when Jay Culter is throwing them the ball. Jake Plummer is simply not able to get the ball to both Kircus or Marshall with any kind of consistency so when a good ball is finally thrown Kircus's or Marshall's way it's dropped because the rhythm between receiver and quarterback is off. The only reason Javon Walker is getting his is because he's such a special talent all Plummer has to do is throw the ball up and Walker comes down with it. Can't wait until next season when all these offensive struggles will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
                  Marshall got a touchdown. How many does Kircus have?
                  Marshall also only has what 2 catches? I would prefer Marshall over Kircus. I think Kircus basicallys sucks. But Marshall hasn't done much to show he can be a number 3 receiver yet. Rookie receivers usually struggle though.
                  Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.

"He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith

Created by Snk16. Thanks!

Comment

I like Brandon Marshall better to be the 3rd WR. He is tall, faster, and younger. Give him a couple more years about 2 or 3. He will be a steal.
                    XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

3rd WR....

I wish Shanahan's system were as such that, who the 3rd WR is would even be relevant!

The 1 and the 2 WR are after thoughts in his offense. The no3 is meaningless! Good for maybe a catch a game! Whoopdy-freakn-do!

Maybe it's because Watson and Shanahan can't develope a WR to save their a$$e$!

Maybe.

Btw, Shanahan better learn to get a WR some bigtime contributions, because his two best players on offense is soon to be the QB and a WR. Not to mention the fact that RB position has been lacking this year.
                      Last edited by stnzed; 11-19-2006, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                        I wish Shanahan's system were as such that, who the 3rd WR is would even be relevant!

The 1 and the 2 WR are after thoughts in his offense. The no3 is meaningless! Good for maybe a catch a game! Whoopdy-freakn-do!

Maybe it's because Watson and Shanahan can't develope a WR to save their a$$e$!

Maybe.
                        Yea, I rarely see the No. 3 guy getting in on the action. It's too bad because the 3 guy can be just as much a threat as the 1 and 2 WR. Lelie would have been perfect for that role.......
                        sigpic

Comment

I dont know about being a third receiver, but he sure as hell shouldnt be returning punts anymore!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
                            Yea, I rarely see the No. 3 guy getting in on the action. It's too bad because the 3 guy can be just as much a threat as the 1 and 2 WR. Lelie would have been perfect for that role.......
                            Effin A bud! He'd be a lot better off in that role here than in Atl! It's too bad he's an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                              Effin A bud! He'd be a lot better off in that role here than in Atl! It's too bad he's an idiot.
                              Yep. Who knows, he might have been having a 2004 year right now if he had stayed with us and been the slot or #3 guy........oh well. You make mistakes and move on I guess.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X