Clear All

• Can Carswell Handle the load if we dont draft a good TE

^^^^^^
    | | | | | |

Re: Can Carswell Handle the load if we dont draft a good TE

Originally posted by DENVER BRONCO56
    ^^^^^^
    | | | | | |
    Won't need to... Weaver started for the 49ers last year and had a decent season. He would probably start over Carswell right now anyway. Not to mention Sharpe may be around....

Comment

Uhh of all the positions we have, TE is not the biggest concern I see...We only have 7 available, including Sharpe...

Hape
      Leach
      Sharpe
      Jeb
      Jed
      Carswell
      OJ

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDamsel
        Uhh of all the positions we have, TE is not the biggest concern I see...We only have 7 available, including Sharpe...

Hape
        Leach
        Sharpe
        Jeb
        Jed
        Carswell
        OJ
        I agree tight end isn't the biggest concern but if Sharpe retires I sure wouldn't mind the Broncos drafting a young, talented TE in this year's draft. The rest of the guys we have just don't look to be top quality (they're decent) and, personally, I think tight is one of the more overlooked but more important positions in the offense. We've been spoiled by having the Great Shannon for years and I'm afraid we'll feel his loss deeply when he leaves us.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Tight End

Y'all have to remember that Sharpe was not drafted as a Tight end. Was a Wr, if memeory serves correct. He came in about the time we were heavy into the H back, Sewell was the man for the longest time. Someone that the QB could dump off to, more elusive and faster than the LB. I think that Shannon is in our system, at aleast the Old H back. He is not the prototypical TE someone that can block or help the tackle to block the DE. Someone that catches passes over the middle and someone that can help to block downfield for the running back.

Sharpe kinda made that mold. He is someone that rarely blocks for more than a heartbeat, and wiggles loose to become a really big strong not blazing fast WR that causes the LB fits and can challenge the safeties.

Now everyone wants to be that TE. We have always well maybe not always, but for the longest time had THE blocking 6'3" 260 TE, as well as the Recieiving 6'2" 228 TE.

When they are at the goal line and are intent on running it in. they send in a double TE, which is usually another linemen not SHannon.
          Last edited by Jrhampton; 04-17-2004, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Jav, uh, I THINK I know what you're trying to say, but, ahhhhh, well, huh?
            "I think tight is one of the more overlooked but more important positions "

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
              Jav, uh, I THINK I know what you're trying to say, but, ahhhhh, well, huh?
              "I think tight is one of the more overlooked but more important positions "

That's funny. I think I need some sleep...
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Working...
              X