Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blame Shanahan / Coaching Staff (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 22cannon
    You hit the nail on the head. Coaching was the problem last night.
    Shanahan made some miserable decisions putting the ball in Jakes hands when he was having problems.

Most of all I believe the special teams were the worst. Ronnie Bradfords crew was totally clueless on the last kickoff. Along with that coverage overall was substandard. Ernster was a mess. Todd Sauerbrun should be brought back immediately.

The defense did get its behinds handed to them for most of the game, but they were out there far too long and in poor field position. I don't really blame them.

Jake...was Jake you knew what to expect when he came here 4 years ago. It will never change.
    :clap: Thanks Man, I'm glad someone else had the same feeling I did after the game.
    http://www.myspace.com/milehighmojoe

Comment

That fourth and four at our 35 yard line in the fourth meant that Plummer would decide the game right then and there without giving our defense a chance to get the ball back.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
        That fourth and four at our 35 yard line in the fourth meant that Plummer would decide the game right then and there without giving our defense a chance to get the ball back.
        This is good... what, they scored on like 4 of their last 6 drives, one was a 99 yard drive, and you think the D was gonna get the ball back with enough time for our offense at the 3:15 mark in the 4th??? We were down in their end of the field, at that point in the game, having seen what we had seen up until then, I would have gone for it also. This is one of those games where, if asked "what did you think of your team's execution", John McCay would have replied, "I'm all for it".

Bad playcalling
        Bad QB execution
        Bad pass rush
        Bad ST's
        Good run defense, considering
        Good run offense, except when we needed to most

The top 4 far outweighed the bottom 2 in this list.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede

If you actually thought our D could stop SAN offense youare truly delusional the only reason the score was not higher was to picks that rivers rarely throws. Other wise SAN would had probably scored on those two drives also.

We had no answer for LT and certainly none for Gates once they decided to throw to him in the second half.

Who called for our DL to cover LT on a pass out of the backfield talk about double DUMB. Should be fired a trio of LB and Cb may not be able to cover him let alone a DLine guy.

Edit just noticed the post above this one you hit the nail on the head. Points to you
          Last edited by JRWIZ; 11-20-2006, 04:49 PM. Reason: edit in red

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
            Who called for our DL to cover LT on a pass out of the backfield talk about double DUMB. Should be fired a trio of LB and Cb may not be able to cover him let alone a DLine guy.

Edit just noticed the post above this one you hit the nail on the head. Points to you
            I always have railed against people like Warren (and now double-E) dropping back into coverage. The only passes our dlinemen should cover are screens and shovels. They are just NOT BUILT for this kind of stuff. I have yet to see this tactic work out.
            Thanks for the points.

Comment

My hat is off to San Diego's OC on that pass to LT. Talk about being light years ahead of the DC. Our defense is not overrated, we have an outstanding group of talented men out there. But the coaches have got to put them in a position to succeed. Last night, I did not see it. Our special teams consistently gave SD half of the field. The offense, well, I don't know why you try and force passes when you can rush consistently for 4-7 yds on first down. I just don't get it. I am a very frustrated fan, but thankful our team is still in the hunt. One game aint the world, but this one sure stunk.

Comment

MilehighMojoe
                Are you for real? the chargers are not a better team; put down the CRACK pipe! we are better at every position on the feild ecept for the secondary. If Jake could throw you would have won last night, the chargers secondary is horrible. I just found this site so dont worry I will come on before the next game and talk alittle smack. I have to listen to all the Bronco talk here in the springs ( Military brought me here) and this is just a wake up call for you guys; so you wont get a first round bye but you will still make it in the playoffs. anyways dont get too mad at me I am just having a little fun besides what would we have without a little friendly trash talk? The Chargers have sucked for so long it finally looks as if they can build on this for a long time to come!

FC/RMBS #17

Comment

The Broncs Lost Because:

[COLOR=DarkOrange]undefined[/ The real reason they lost was beacuse Darrent Wiliiams can't cover his man. He's the reason we lost against Indy, and he gave up the winning plays in both games. Mike should have benched him after the Indy game. And why even start blaming Plummer when our defence gave up four touchdowns to one player.

Comment

ChargerFanFC C'mon you are not giving Antonio Gates Proper Credit! I'd take him over any TE in the League.

Comment

Working...
                    X