A look at Jake's performance tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A look at Jake's performance tonight

I know there are several Plummer threads tonight. I hope this can stand, since it's just a simple look at his personal performance.

28 att / 13 comp / 46.4% / 183 yards / 0 TDs / 1 INT / 53.1 rating

On third down, Jake's stats were

9 att / 3 comp / 33% / 57 yards / 0 TDs / 0 INT / 56.3 rating

Jake also had two fumbles.

Jake led the offense on 10 drives.

4 drives were 3 and out
    2 drives involved 21 plays for 2 field goals
    2 drives involved 21 plays for 2 TDs
    1 drive involved 7 plays and ended in an INT
    The last drive ended when the game ended

FYI...
    sigpic

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
    I know there are several Plummer threads tonight. I hope this can stand, since it's just a simple look at his personal performance.

4 drives were 3 and out

FYI...

Shoot 'im!

Comment

I live outside the state of Colorado and whats depressing is when I open up the newspaper and look at the QB rankings for the AFC........ Plummer isen't even freaking listed.

I recorded this game because I had something to attend to, so I haven't watched the game yet. Looking at the stats, I see yet another 100-ish yard passing game. This is his 4th year here, this is awful. San Diego is scary because they can run AND pass. We can't. Can anyone here see us overcoming a 17 point defecit like the Chargers did? I sure as hell can't.

Shanny runs a QB friendly system, I get this feeling that if Plummer gets released, he will not become dangerous anywhere else.
      You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Poor Jake has bad stats

its not the first time hes had a bad game this year!
        i wish it was the last

Comment

give Jake a power running back and he will bring a SB victory...our backs are ok but they lack any threat. If you watch it when they do break out a run...its a mighty big hole that any back would have done. We need a threat, somone to take the pressure off of jake and let him enjoy the game again.
          If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman

4 drives were 3 and out

FYI...
            Thanks to Mnt for providing the stats!
            President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
            I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Yeah, thanks for the stats. I just want to know why you didn't provide Plummer's stats right after the Colts game. Or right after the Steelers game.

Why don't you spread some more chear. Enlighten us with last nights defensive stats after the score was 24-7. Tell us how much pressure we got on the QB. Provide how many broken tackles LT had in the second half.

Comment

of i were shannahan i would put in cutler,i know the decision worked good foor the bolts

Comment

Originally posted by bolts4superbowl
                  of i were shannahan i would put in cutler,i know the decision worked good foor the bolts
                  Your Qb situation was nothing like it is in Denver.

Your rookie QB got to sit for 2 years, and then once Brees was gone, there was no-one else to play!
                  President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                  I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

[QUOTE=In-com-plete]Yeah, thanks for the stats. I just want to know why you didn't provide Plummer's stats right after the Colts game. Or right after the Steelers game.QUOTE]

and yes thats 2 good games out of... 10? 20% of his games are good numbers? Is that solid enough to win us a division title? You decide
                    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=IA_Broncosfan53]
                      Originally posted by In-com-plete
                      Yeah, thanks for the stats. I just want to know why you didn't provide Plummer's stats right after the Colts game. Or right after the Steelers game.QUOTE]

and yes thats 2 good games out of... 10? 20% of his games are good numbers? Is that solid enough to win us a division title? You decide
                      good point.....but your point is lost on Plummer backers, if he can pull off 1 or 2 good games then that is enough. They love him, and I guess I can live with that! I do agree with you though its time for a change and plummer will never win the big game ever!! Jake one week is behind his receivers this week he over throws them, I surely cant figure him out!! :brick: :hammer:

Comment

Originally posted by IA_Broncosfan53
                        You're completely missing the point. Why come on here after a bad game (when it really wasn't as bad as the Plummer haters say) and throw gas on the fire. That fire was out 2 weeks ago and a certain poster was nowhere to be found. When Plummer has a bad game or two he's all over the place.

But to address your post, those two good games had been in the previous 3 weeks prior to last nights game. Against two tough teams. Plus a 75% winning percentage while in Denver should lead to a division title.

And I decided after the Colts game we weren't going anywhere in the playoffs, division title or not. But that wasn't because of our QB. It was because of our defense. Mainly the D-line. The d-line is the reason we blew a 24-7 lead halfway through the 3rd quarter. That and special teams which I left out of my previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by In-com-plete
                          You're completely missing the point. Why come on here after a bad game (when it really wasn't as bad as the Plummer haters say) and throw gas on the fire. That fire was out 2 weeks ago and a certain poster was nowhere to be found. When Plummer has a bad game or two he's all over the place.

But to address your post, those two good games had been in the previous 3 weeks prior to last nights game. Against two tough teams. Plus a 75% winning percentage while in Denver should lead to a division title.

And I decided after the Colts game we weren't going anywhere in the playoffs, division title or not. But that wasn't because of our QB. It was because of our defense. Mainly the D-line. The d-line is the reason we blew a 24-7 lead halfway through the 3rd quarter. That and special teams which I left out of my previous post.
                          That fire wasn't out 2 weeks ago...it could have been put out with a solid performance against Oakland. Last week Jake threw a log on the fire. This week he got it stoked to a full out barn burner. Jake has had 3 solid games this year. The rest have been bad...but the defense has held it together mostly.

We aren't going anywhere because of our QB. Period. Denver showed that they could hang with Indy and SD drive for drive...until the end. Denver had the ball and were driving late in both games...both resulted in FGs and not TDs. Denver needs a clutch QB...not someone who will fumble the game away.

The Defense did not go 3 and out time after time. They did not throw picks. They did not fumble twice (once in the redzone). Denver could have won the game last night...despite their poor defensive performance. Jake had the ball in his hands several drives...all that he had to do was sustain them and put more points on the board after they were up 17 then 10 then 3. The defense gave up the lead, Jake didn't build upon it. Jake couldn't bail them out, which sucks given how many times they have bailed him out this year. Which goes to prove that Denver wins in spite of Jake Plummer not because of him.
                          Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Would be great if you were to post our D's stats tonight along with Plummer...
                            sigpic

Comment

Now that I've had time to get over being seriously ticked off I can put a more level headed spin on my take...

Plummer lovers it is time to put the cool-aid down and use some good old fashioned logic here. I won't put it all on Jake (more on that later), but a good deal of it starts and ends with the QB. Plummer forces too many passes, Plummer is not very accurate, Plummer does not, and really never has made good decisions. Shanahan is forced into conservative play calling because he is hamstrung by Plummers inability to lead this team with the conviction that a starting QB should. Madden said it best last night right after Plummer fumbled on the third down out of the shot gun. Good QB's are good on 1st and 2nd down, but great QB's make their living on third downs. Plummer does not do these things. Before I get on to the defence one more thing. I (just me) feel that Plummers poor play is dragging every other Bronco down. They did not look like a team inspired and ready to take hold of the division last night. I'm not saying Cutler will come in and be the Second coming, but at this point I don't think he could do a hell of a lot worse.

OK, there's the Plummer rant. Now to be fair, the Broncos defence is and has been over rated all season and against good offensive teams it truly shows. The front four is very suspect, have been all year. Zero pass rush, trouble against a solid running game (watch out for Larry Johnson boys). But I feel the real problem is and always has been Larry Coyer. For years we have been watching his predictable vanilla defence. The man has got some seriously talented individuals on that D yet we see no imagination from Coyer. Does he even know what the term "stunt" means. The defense has to mix things up, confuse the offense, I am seeing very little of that, even when the Broncos win.

The problem here is two-fold. The offense is being limited based on a QB who cannot be trusted to convert a third down and four. The defense is not using its strengths. The linebackers are all lights out, but without the right schemes they are just sitting ducks.

IMO
                              Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X