Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Schlereth, Peter King say / Start Cutler (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mark Schlereth, Peter King say / Start Cutler (Merged)

    I tired of hearing "if we start Cutler, we are done." Here is a news flash to you folks. If Jake continues to start our games, we are GUARANTEED to lose out this year. We have NO CHANCE in the playoffs. NONE. At least with Cutler we have a CHANCE. We don't know how much of one, because we don't know how he would handle the pressure, play in the NFL as the starter, etc. But we DO know that if Jake keeps playing, our season is going to go down the toilet very fast.

    Are we giving away the season if we start Cutler? Maybe.

    Are we giving away the season by starting Plummer? Absolutely.

    Why not go with the option that at least gives us a chance? And gives what will clearly be our QB of the future some playing time THIS year, so NEXT year, even if we don'tg get it done this season, he'll be ready.

    I see no reason at all to keep playing Jake. If he can't win a huge must-win game at HOME, I have no confidence Jake can do it IN KC on Thanksgiving. Cutler may not either, but right now, I have more confidence in an untested rookie than a choking QB that proved he can't get it done.

  • #2
    I agree whole heartedly... As I said a few minutes ago, what do we have to lose?

    At this point in the season, our offense is what it is- Mediocre...

    It's not like we could be much more inconsistant, not to mention we seem to be on a one way track for a quick playoff exit again-- why not get the kid some experience so we can get off to a running start with him next year...

    Now of course, no one will want to even have a discussion on this, rather they will dismiss your thread as "Another Jake Bashing" venue, and it will get buried in a big Jake merged conglomorate... Sad, but true.

    Comment


    • #3
      Mark Schlereth Says...

      He makes the change at QB TODAY!!!

      He does not wait ands 'see how it goes', he makes the change now.

      He was just a guest on the local AM station 950 The Fan, and made those comments.

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, we have nothing whatsoever to lose if we start Cutler with the way Plummer is playing. Thats just my :2cents:
        XBL: The1Executioner

        Comment


        • #5
          I think the coaching staff is hoping Plummer will get hot near the end of the season and into the playoffs. We are in the playoff picture for sure, but a rookie coming on now would not be a good option if we want a superbowl IMO.

          Comment


          • #6
            Its time for Cutler

            I agree with him. Its time for the change.

            Comment


            • #7
              So would I. I can't think any reason to start Jake. I mean c'mon, if the guy can't get it done in a crucial game AT HOME, how do we expect him to do it in KC on primetime TV? I don't, I think he'll choke terribly. You know, Cutler may as well, but we don't know this. We DO know Jake plays a terrible game of football though. Given a known and an unknown, I think you have to go with Cutler. Why go with a QB you KNOW will lose you the game? Makes no sense at all.

              Comment


              • #8
                Get hot? We are halfway through the season for cripes sake, why in the world would Jake suddenly "get hot?" He gets hot on maybe one drive a game, although he didn't even manage that yesterday. The longer we play the "gee we hope he gets hot" game, the more losses we'll rack up, leaving us NO chance in the playoffs. We are NOT OUT OF THIS YET. We ARE out of it if we keep losing. Jake has shown absolutely NO indication he is going to magically start playing well.

                There is a point you just have to do it. Say he plays and loses.. play him again? He "might" get hot after all eh? No way.. say start Cutler IMMEDIATELY.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Broncos4tw
                  Get hot? We are halfway through the season for cripes sake, why in the world would Jake suddenly "get hot?" He gets hot on maybe one drive a game, although he didn't even manage that yesterday. The longer we play the "gee we hope he gets hot" game, the more losses we'll rack up, leaving us NO chance in the playoffs. We are NOT OUT OF THIS YET. We ARE out of it if we keep losing. Jake has shown absolutely NO indication he is going to magically start playing well.

                  There is a point you just have to do it. Say he plays and loses.. play him again? He "might" get hot after all eh? No way.. say start Cutler IMMEDIATELY.
                  Shanahan has to have some confidence in Plummer because hes still starting. Either that or Cutler isnt developing correctly.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                    I agree whole heartedly... As I said a few minutes ago, what do we have to lose?

                    At this point in the season, our offense is what it is- Mediocre...

                    It's not like we could be much more inconsistant, not to mention we seem to be on a one way track for a quick playoff exit again-- why not get the kid some experience so we can get off to a running start with him next year...

                    Now of course, no one will want to even have a discussion on this, rather they will dismiss your thread as "Another Jake Bashing" venue, and it will get buried in a big Jake merged conglomorate... Sad, but true.
                    I agree 100%. He could not be much worse than the turnover machine with his 69.7 QB rating, which is pretty pathetic.

                    It did work for Dallas. Why not here.

                    People will say we are crazy but, what difference does it make if we lose in the playoffs. Experience will help.
                    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Bull, Shanahan isn't perfect. He has a bad habit of keeping starting QBs in there way too long. Look how long he kept Griese in there. He SHOULD have pulled Jake weeks ago, but he wanted to give him a "chance." Well screw that, take him out Mike. Just do it already.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SM19
                        We know that Plummer is capable of playing much better than this. Do we know that about Cutler?
                        Who cares what Plummer COULD do? Omg, he isn't the little engine that could. He is a damn veteran QB who ISN'T getting it done. He is choking, making horrible throws, bad picks, crucial mistakes, and is single-handidly costing us games. There is a point where you have to cut him loose. Waiting until we are 15 games into the season and saying "Huh.. I guess he never got hot after all" ain't gonna cut it. He needs to be let go. He sure as hell is not earning the millions he is being paid.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SM19
                          We know that Plummer is capable of playing much better than this. Do we know that about Cutler?

                          good point SM but 3 good games out of 10 is not very good IMHO.

                          Passing
                          QBRat Comp Att Yds Y/A Int TD
                          26.3] 13 26 138 5.3 3 0
                          56.7 16 30 173 5.8 1 0
                          101.5 15 30 256 8.5 0 2

                          62.2 13 24 106 4.4 1 1
                          76.6 11 18 102 5.7 0 0
                          51.8 20 41 209 5.1 2 1
                          104.1 13 21 174 8.3 0 1
                          123.5 16 27 227 8.4 0 3
                          66.0 20 31 210 6.8 3 2
                          53.1 13 28 183 6.5 1 0

                          The stats pretty much sum it up unfortunatley.
                          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            MOMENTUM CHANGER: The play calling last night was dreadful. After SD scored and cut it to 10, Shanny called 3 straight passes resulting in 3 straight incompletions. 3 and out, with our defense right back on the field to give up a 50 yard pass play to LT.

                            DECIDING FACTOR: Posters will try and put some of the blame on the Defense and ST, but the play (or lack there of) of Plummer decided whether we would win this game or not.
                            -Fumbled snap in the shotgun (after a timeout) cost us on 3rd down early.
                            -With a little over 4 minutes to go and down by only 1, he could NOT get us in Elam range (critical over throw to Marshall and a poor read on 4th down resulting in an INT).
                            -Terrible 1 minute drive (though, SD tried to keep us in the game), Plummer had several people open (Alexander on the sideline) but got sacked and fumbled.

                            Before, I was all for letting Cutler learn for a year as we were winning (winning UGLY I might add). But now, I can't bear it any longer. Plummer must go, his eratic play and inaccuracy is really costing the team. I never asked for Plummer to throw for 300yds and 3td per game; all I wanted was for him to manage the game and make the plays that he should and limit the turnovers.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              oh please stop like it was jakes fault that our def. got trounced on 4 straight drives...up 24-7 a championship def. doesnt blow that which we are not....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X