Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Schlereth, Peter King say / Start Cutler (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He also said he can outdance Emmit Smith.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

why not let cutler mature a little on the bench? it seems to have worked with rivers. just my 2 cents have some faith guys

Comment

Common sense tells me not to start Cutler. It also tells me shanny has lost confidence in Plummer. You look around the league and ANYTHING is possible. Big Ben last year. Romo, and that guy in Tampa. Is it ego?? Plummer being Shannys pet?

Look at the teams who dominate. 300+ yard passers and 100-150+ yard runners. We have a practice player, UD rookie, and a guy with a bum toe...

Cutler would be a start...

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30
          oh please stop like it was jakes fault that our def. got trounced on 4 straight drives...up 24-7 a championship def. doesnt blow that which we are not....

You may be right. The team just does not have what it take to get to the Super Bowl this season. So if that is the thought, we may as well get the rookie in there now to so that he can begin to learn. That way we will at least have a decent season next year too.

Comment

We've clearly established ourselves as second-tier in the AFC West behind San Diego. The only way to get back in it would be to win both @ KC and @ SD and that is just not going to happen. That leaves us with a wild card in the best-case scenario, meaning we have to go on the road for our first playoff game. I don't see how Jake can win a playoff game on the road. Give Jake the first half of the Chiefs game; if he continues his awful play, bench him for Cutler. If he plays in such a manner that the Broncos are winning the game specifically because of him, then keep him in. But if he's just managing the game, hitting 50% of his passes, even if he doesn't have any turnovers, take him out. I want a QB that is a difference-maker.
            sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Jake is not playing well!!! He is trying to force plays when they are not there, and when they are there he is inaccurate. On 1 of the long incompletions to Javon last night(on 3 and short) I saw Rod come free underneith route. :brick: Play-calling aside, Jake did not perform up to standard again. Jay is a better choice, at least he would get Scheffler involved. The middle of the Defense is not being forced to be covered
              Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

It didnt take me this long to figure out to make a QB change so why does it take Professional announcers,managers,and coaches to make a change when it should have been at the beginning of the season. If Cutler is not starting this week I have no more respect for Shannahan :hammer:
                Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 11-20-2006, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
                  I think the coaching staff is hoping Plummer will get hot near the end of the season and into the playoffs. We are in the playoff picture for sure, but a rookie coming on now would not be a good option if we want a superbowl IMO.
                  And who is to say Cutler couldn't get hot?

Comment

Personally it has nothing to do with wanting Jake to do badly so Jay can get put in. I like Jake. I like his attitude and his personally, I even like him as a QB. But plain and simple, he is not getting it done. He is painfully inconsistant, and is a little streaky, but apparently only about 1/3 of our games does he get hot. Our offense is very obviously vanilla right now, and at this point I don't see why even a rookie couldn't go out and at least manage the game with the conservative play calling that Shanahan is giving Plummer. I think it is time to sit Jake down, and let the rookie "manage", because I am sure he could do at least that.

Again, not personal, just business. I won't insult or belittle or call Jake names because he has been playing so badly, he is a Bronco, so I root for him, and believe me, his attitude is good for the team (I wish he would rub off a little on D Will, that guy is being an ass). I admire and respect the person he is off the field, but that being said, BENCH HIM!!

Comment

oh please stop like it was jakes fault that our def. got trounced on 4 straight drives...up 24-7 a championship def. doesnt blow that which we are not....
                      While the defense did get complacent to a certain degree when we had that 17-pt lead the vast majority of blame for this one falls on Jake. The Chargers were throwing out there an extremely weak defense, and one that was very vulnerable to the pass - you saw what Carson Palmer did the previous week. However, Jake couldn't capitalize on it one bit. And we even got our running game going, but still it didn't matter!

The fact is, they have LT, they are going to come away with 7 if they get in the red zone, it's a near-certainty. If you want to be technical, the defense gave up 28 points while the outcome was still in doubt, that last TD they got was the result of going for it and missing on 4th down. Giving up 28 to the Chargers is better than average. However, when you can only score 20 offensive points yourselves against a vulnerable defense, you are not going to beat the Chargers.
                      sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Reaper
                        And who is to say Cutler couldn't get hot?
                        That is possible, but we know so little about him. I honestly wouldnt mind seeing Cutler go in to see what he can do. However I think the best option for the whole team would be to let Plummer atleast finish out the season, and thats probably going to happen unless he completely implodes and has nothing but games like last night.

Comment

the D gave up 28 points....jake gave the chargers the other 7....so yes it is jakes fault we lost.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
                            It didnt take me this long to figure out to make a QB change so why does it take Professional announcers,managers,and coaches to make a change when it should have been at the beginning of the season. If Cutler is not starting this week I have no more respect for Shannahan :hammer:
                            this is quite possibly the worst post yet... Plummer is the leader of our team, you dont bring down your teams confidence with a change of leadership- especially in the middle of a playoff hunt.
                            I am yet to hear one single player or coach or trainer say we should make the change. Dont forget these are professionals, these are grown men, these are men who need to suceed in order to keep their careers going. If they dont see the need for change then why should WE ask for it?
                            Lets give the people who are with these guys on a daily basis the benefit of the doubt. And lets support our team regardless of our own player opinions.

Comment

3 words! Cutler, Cutler Cutler!

How much longer to we have to endure the play of Plummer? Vince Young, Leinart, and Rivers are all playing. Time for the Broncos to take a page out of some other teams game plans.

Comment

Originally posted by trav72
                                How much longer to we have to endure the play of Plummer? Vince Young, Leinart, and Rivers are all playing. Time for the Broncos to take a page out of some other teams game plans.
                                Yes..it is cutler time.

you forgot tony romo...

we need a qb that can pass from the pocket..

Comment

Working...
                                X