Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Schlereth, Peter King say / Start Cutler (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trav72
    How much longer to we have to endure the play of Plummer? Vince Young, Leinart, and Rivers are all playing. Time for the Broncos to take a page out of some other teams game plans.

Young and Lienart are playing on teams that aren't making a playoff push.

Rivers has been in the league for 3 years.

You must be new.

Comment

I still say stick with Plummer. If you hadn't noticed, the cardnials and titans both have losing records but the Chargers and Cowboys both have a winning record. I say not yet, wait till next week.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic

You must be new.

You must be new also. The first team quarterback isn't holding up his end of the bargain and hasn't 7 out of 10 games.
        As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
          That is possible, but we know so little about him. I honestly wouldnt mind seeing Cutler go in to see what he can do. However I think the best option for the whole team would be to let Plummer atleast finish out the season, and thats probably going to happen unless he completely implodes and has nothing but games like last night.
          So you are content with mediocrity?
          That being asked, I say give Plummer Thanksgiving to shape up .................. or be shipped out.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar
            I still say stick with Plummer. If you hadn't noticed, the cardnials and titans both have losing records but the Chargers and Cowboys both have a winning record. I say not yet, wait till next week.
            I agree Kratos (great game by the way), give Plummer the KC game on Thanksgiving. If he implodes, I say definitely GO WITH CUTLER.

And :wave: Plummer
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atl-bronco
              I agree Kratos (great game by the way), give Plummer the KC game on Thanksgiving. If he implodes, I say definitely GO WITH CUTLER.

And :wave: Plummer
              I agree with both of you guys. KC is his last game to prove himself as a big game winner. Give Plummer a week, then we will see when we cross that bridge.
              XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

Originally posted by atl-bronco
                So you are content with mediocrity?
                That being asked, I say give Plummer Thanksgiving to shape up .................. or be shipped out.
                As long as we get into the playoffs i will be content because we have a shot for the superbowl. If we start Cutler now I think Its gonna be difficult to accomplish that goal. Plummer has 3 straight years of playoff experience and Cutler was a nobody when that streak started. Therefore Plummer will give us a better chance to win playoff games than Cutler will making his 3rd NFL start.

If Im wrong, Cutler would be the starter. Yea Philip Rivers looks great but he sat out his first two years learning the game. Not every backup quarterback is a Tom Brady waiting to happen. In my book Plummer gets the rest of this season to earn his spot on the roster for next year because hes earned that right during the 3.5 seasons hes been a Bronco.

If he doesnt earn it by atleast a superbowl appearance IMO, then hes gone. This is the team that cut Mike Anderson and Trevor Pryce, and Plummers salary wont be worth it with the money the team will have to pay Walker and Cutler. Plummer's fate is sealed, like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by vandyman53
                  You must be new also. The first team quarterback isn't holding up his end of the bargain and hasn't 7 out of 10 games.

And what does that have to do with Young, Lienart, and Rivers?

You're not even a Denver fan, you're a Vanderbuilt fan. Obviously you're biased opinion doesn't favor Coach Shanahan, or the player's in the locker room.

whoOPS...... :wave:

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
                    He makes the change at QB TODAY!!!

He does not wait ands 'see how it goes', he makes the change now.

He was just a guest on the local AM station 950 The Fan, and made those comments.
                    wHO IS mARK sCHLERETH?
                    As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

Comment

Mark was a guy who knew how to stop a dominate pass rusher... Maybe he could teach this O line.

Comment

Peter King SI comment

I ususally do not agree with him but this makes total sense to me.

I think it won't be long before Mike Shanahan goes to Jay Cutler. If this were a normal week instead of a microscopically short one, I'd guess it'd be this week. Jake Plummer, who missed way too many chances against the Chargers and finished just 13 of 28, probably has to play very well at Kansas City Thursday night to keep his job.
                        enough said. Jake has been horrible 6 games this year and good for 3 and mediocre for 1.

People will say we are throwing the season away. I diagree and if we do not make it at least Cutler gets some experience this year.

IMHO there is almost no way we Win the Bowl with Jake. Sorry lovers but this is what I see. How many chances does he need.

and Yes I am a real Bronco fan since 1981. I am not a Lemming and do not blindly say __________ is a great player because he is on my team.

I will root for Jake to do well, but I can question when he does wrong.

here is the link to the article look here
                        NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

I see no reason not to go to Cutler. Put the boy in the fire and see what he's really got. :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by cspeier
                            Mark was a guy who knew how to stop a dominate pass rusher... Maybe he could teach this O line.
                            Thanks I appreciate that and I hope for the Broncs he's right.

Comment

I agree with Schlereth on the QB Change, but I also heard him say on ESPN awhile back that Terrell doesn't deserve to go to the Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic

You must be new.

Hmmmm....and if Plummer continues to play this way.....the Broncos won't be either. He's the fiture of this team. If Plummer can't do the job then you HAVE to go with Cutler.....win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X