Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Schlereth, Peter King say / Start Cutler (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncoballa2684
    the D gave up 28 points....jake gave the chargers the other 7....so yes it is jakes fault we lost.

If Jake had been able to sustain a few long drives the Chargers would not have ahd the ball so darn much. The best way to keep anyone from scoring is to keep their offense off the filed. That means your offense has to be effective. Ours was not last night.

I don't care if it means throwing this season away. I do not want to see Plummer take another snap.
    Proud Bronco fan since 1975. I just wish every football player out there today was more like my man Rod Smith. Knowing we will never see him on the field again is very hard. He gave everything he had and left his guts on the field. I will miss him.

Comment

you guys notice.......

Originally posted by go_cutler
      Yes..it is cutler time.

you forgot tony romo...

we need a qb that can pass from the pocket..
      that of the 4 you mentioned...only 2 of them are rookies.....and they are stinkin it up this year?

Comment

I don't know. I think Plummer may get a reprieve for one more week. It being a short week and all. Shanny will probably want to give Cutler a full week as #1 in practice before he starts. However, if Plummer plays poorly during the game, I can see Shanny yanking him mid-game for Cutler. With a loss, you can end the chapter on the Plummer era.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
          We know that Plummer is capable of playing much better than this. Do we know that about Cutler?
          No doubt he is capable of playing better than Plummer has played in 7 of 10 games, Wildcat.
          As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Did anyone else hear....

Mark Schlereth on the radio this morning. He was saying how the time to bench Plummer is now, no matter what the circumstance. To paraphrase he talked about how people have lost faith in him with last night's performance. Also how Jake showed us last night what a big time performer he is/isn't. Now I have to agree to some extent, but being at that game last night, I realized that they had no playmakers to make a play last night...offensively or defensively. I don't know if I'm ready for Cutler yet, because to me that would seem like throwing the season away. Schlereth did make some good points about this team though. Did anyone else hear it and have any thoughts about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Thesameold333
              that of the 4 you mentioned...only 2 of them are rookies.....and they are stinkin it up this year?
              Sorry Vince Young is not "stinkin it up". He isn't much of a passer yet I knew that before e was drafted. However, he is becoming a leader which makes a heck of a difference. The Titans are progressing.
              As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

right now were still in the playoff hunt... starting a rookie at this juncture would be absolutely idiotic.
                This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51
                  Mark Schlereth on the radio this morning. He was saying how the time to bench Plummer is now, no matter what the circumstance. To paraphrase he talked about how people have lost faith in him with last night's performance. Also how Jake showed us last night what a big time performer he is/isn't. Now I have to agree to some extent, but being at that game last night, I realized that they had no playmakers to make a play last night...offensively or defensively. I don't know if I'm ready for Cutler yet, because to me that would seem like throwing the season away. Schlereth did make some good points about this team though. Did anyone else hear it and have any thoughts about it?
                  I heard it and I agreed with some things he said. And then I think about it and you can't put Cutler in against KC with a short week. We NEED to win this game and giving a rookie his first start at Arrowhead is almost a death wish. There are SO many problems facing the Broncos besides Jake. If they make the change it had to come last week against the Raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                    We know that Plummer is capable of playing much better than this. Do we know that about Cutler?
                    I agree, plus where as some of the blame should be spread on our O. I havent heard once how our D gave up 35 pts. Our O put up 27 our D gave up 35. I sure think it is safe to say our O showed up and our D didnt. I think the FAIR complaint that should be going around here is "Our O failed to bail out our D." But thats just IMHO.
                    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by T55Bird
                      If Jake had been able to sustain a few long drives the Chargers would not have ahd the ball so darn much. The best way to keep anyone from scoring is to keep their offense off the filed. That means your offense has to be effective. Ours was not last night.

I don't care if it means throwing this season away. I do not want to see Plummer take another snap.
                      You might want to leave your tv off then.
                      SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vandyman53
                        wHO IS mARK sCHLERETH?
                        Broncos fans know him as one of the better offensive linemen who ever played for
                        the Broncos.

-----

Comment

I think it's clear that Jake will start at Kansas City on Thursday. I honestly don't see us winning that game, and I think at that point, a change will happen. I can't honestly say if it will be good for either us as a team or Jay, but you get the feeling after last night that his time is just around the corner. The question of the night last night after the game was 'When do you stop playing your team around the weaknesses of your quarterback?'

When he loses at Kansas City, probably.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                            I agree 100%. He could not be much worse than the turnover machine with his 69.7 QB rating, which is pretty pathetic.

It did work for Dallas. Why not here.

People will say we are crazy but, what difference does it make if we lose in the playoffs. Experience will help.
                            Do not forget, Tony Romo has been with Dallas for 4 years learning the system; he is hardly a rookie.

Comment

Just what I think and feel about all this.....(thoughts from a brazilian fan back at home) I like Jake a lot. He is a leader, and every game I say to myself ... the guy is going to get back on track. He can do a lot better, we all know, but..... I woke up this morning with a different feeling. We can talk about the defense and ST, but we need to change. Im not sure anymore our best chance to win is with Jake. We cant be afraid to change. It will be tough. No comeback........ I will say to myself one more time, thursday, get back on track Jake......but it will be the last one.

humble words from a true Bronco Fan, far away

Comment

Originally posted by T55Bird

I agree :thumb: :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                                X