Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Schlereth, Peter King say / Start Cutler (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree enough is enough already Jake has sucked it up all year and I for one am getting sick watching him play. He can't say we haven't givin him a chance. he cost us the first game against the Rams, We should have lost to the Cheifs but our D was good then for about four games. we should have lost to the Raiders last week and he cost us the game last night with two fumbles and an INT right to the very wide open Charger. How could he not see that Rod was coverd by like three guys this is getting really old and in a hurry. I think our season is through. and it sucks because we could very well be 9-1 right now. and should be 8-2

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
      I agree, plus where as some of the blame should be spread on our O. I havent heard once how our D gave up 35 pts. Our O put up 27 our D gave up 35. I sure think it is safe to say our O showed up and our D didnt. I think the FAIR complaint that should be going around here is "Our O failed to bail out our D." But thats just IMHO.

accually unless rivers played a series for us...our offense put up 20....14 in the first half...and could only manage 2 fg in the crucial second half
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Can we add that if Cutler starts, we may be able to get Sheffler back into the game. The two of them clicked in preseason, and we saw in last weeks win that the tight ends NEED to play more than a blocking role in this offense. It's unfortunate that our rookie needs to be inactive because there is no chemistry between himself and Jake. That may be some Sheffler's fault, but isnt' it just a bit strange the difference that we saw in preseason from him and what we saw in reg season from him between throws from the 2 QB's.
        Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
          Can we add that if Cutler starts, we may be able to get Sheffler back into the game. The two of them clicked in preseason, and we saw in last weeks win that the tight ends NEED to play more than a blocking role in this offense. It's unfortunate that our rookie needs to be inactive because there is no chemistry between himself and Jake. That may be some Sheffler's fault, but isnt' it just a bit strange the difference that we saw in preseason from him and what we saw in reg season from him between throws from the 2 QB's.
          *Sigh* How many times must I explain this?

The reason why Jake isn't throwing to the tight ends is because he can't see the tight ends out in the flat unless he's rolling out of the pocket. That's why when he's trapped in the pocket (as he was yesterday) you either see him go deep or he dumps it off on a screen. The reason why the tight ends haven't been more involved is because Jake can't move out of the pocket.

Make sense now?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730
            *Sigh* How many times must I explain this?

The reason why Jake isn't throwing to the tight ends is because he can't see the tight ends out in the flat unless he's rolling out of the pocket. That's why when he's trapped in the pocket (as he was yesterday) you either see him go deep or he dumps it off on a screen. The reason why the tight ends haven't been more involved is because Jake can't move out of the pocket.

Make sense now?
            And that would be the fault of Jakes. More of a reason why giving Cutler a shot.

And you cn turn your sarcasm off. Some of us don't spend hours searching and reading YOUR posts.

Comment

And that would be the fault of Jakes. More of a reason why giving Cutler a shot.

And you cn turn your sarcasm off. Some of us don't spend hours searching and reading YOUR posts.

Now that I go back and read your post at the top of the thread page, I was agreeing with you. Cutler needs to be given a chance. Instead of being so ready to jump all over anyone who posts....save it.Find someone who DOESN'T agree with you to fight with.

Comment

Now that I go back and read your post at the top of the thread page, I was agreeing with you. Cutler needs to be given a chance. Instead of being so ready to jump all over anyone who posts....save it.Find someone who DOESN'T agree with you to fight with.
                Lol...

I wasn't trying to pick a fight, honestly. The way I made that sound seemed like it, so I apologize. But it has been asked numerous times as to why Jake is struggling so bad, and that is the most obvious reason to me, and why the tight ends aren't involved anymore in the passing game.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                  And what does that have to do with Young, Lienart, and Rivers?

You're not even a Denver fan, you're a Vanderbuilt fan. Obviously you're biased opinion doesn't favor Coach Shanahan, or the player's in the locker room.

whoOPS...... :wave:
                  This is spoken by someone that was born after I got out of the service? Yes, I'm a fan of both. I kinda have a feeling what's going on in that locker room now, and I guarantee they all aren't kneeling kissing Jake's feet.
                  As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Originally posted by vandyman53
                    This is spoken by someone that was born after I got out of the service? Yes, I'm a fan of both. I kinda have a feeling what's going on in that locker room now, and I guarantee they all aren't kneeling kissing Jake's feet.
                    Well said!

Obviously Vandy your learning that there are some fans with little clue to the issues, they think Jake is the next best thing since Elway or sliced bread, however that would be Manning and Brady, not Plummer!

I am sure you are right, actually I know you are...not everyone in the locker room has faith in Plummer, they are even starting to likely question Shanahan, and that could be even worse.

:thumb:

Comment

I don't think it matters we start at this point. The defense has to play better. This comes back to the scheme and the scheme is not changing. If we played defense like Dallas (bump and run) we would be able to beat anyone instead we play cover 3 zone on blitzes and allow DE to cover RBs. Coyer needs to be fired.
                      Broncos fans since age 6.
                      Fanatical Broncos fan since 1991.
                      Favorite Player: John Elway
                      Favorite Coach: Mike Shanahan

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
                        Our O put up 27
                        Actually, our O put up 20.

2 TD's and 2 FGs. Darrent Williams accounted for one TD.

And for anyone who wants to know, I thought this was interesting:

First TD Drive:
                        2/13 plays were completed passes.

2nd TD Drive:
                        3/8 plays were completed passes.

First FG Drive:
                        2/6 plays were completed passes.

2nd FG Drive:
                        2/13 plays were completed passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                          I agree 100%. He could not be much worse than the turnover machine with his 69.7 QB rating, which is pretty pathetic.

It did work for Dallas. Why not here.

People will say we are crazy but, what difference does it make if we lose in the playoffs. Experience will help.
                          How long's Romo been out of college?

....next.....
                          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by atl-bronco
                            MOMENTUM CHANGER: The play calling last night was dreadful. After SD scored and cut it to 10, Shanny called 3 straight passes resulting in 3 straight incompletions. 3 and out, with our defense right back on the field to give up a 50 yard pass play to LT.

DECIDING FACTOR: Posters will try and put some of the blame on the Defense and ST, but the play (or lack there of) of Plummer decided whether we would win this game or not.
                            -Fumbled snap in the shotgun (after a timeout) cost us on 3rd down early.
                            -With a little over 4 minutes to go and down by only 1, he could NOT get us in Elam range (critical over throw to Marshall and a poor read on 4th down resulting in an INT).
                            -Terrible 1 minute drive (though, SD tried to keep us in the game), Plummer had several people open (Alexander on the sideline) but got sacked and fumbled.

Before, I was all for letting Cutler learn for a year as we were winning (winning UGLY I might add). But now, I can't bear it any longer. Plummer must go, his eratic play and inaccuracy is really costing the team. I never asked for Plummer to throw for 300yds and 3td per game; all I wanted was for him to manage the game and make the plays that he should and limit the turnovers.
                            You seem to have forgotten how many wr's were in on that 4th down play?
                            And what happens if it's incomplete?

Alexander was active? I thought they were playing w/out TE's the entire game!

Either way, it's SD ball....and denver wasn't able to stop them the entire 2nd half....

Notice the 2 bad plays of Jakes are right after sideline chats with Shanny?

That doesn't strike you as interesting?

The D stunk up the joint, as did ST's and the playcalling, or lack, thereof.

Crapper, since they play again in 2 weeks, at FULL STRENGTH!!!!!!
                            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724
                              We've clearly established ourselves as second-tier in the AFC West behind San Diego. The only way to get back in it would be to win both @ KC and @ SD and that is just not going to happen. That leaves us with a wild card in the best-case scenario, meaning we have to go on the road for our first playoff game. I don't see how Jake can win a playoff game on the road. Give Jake the first half of the Chiefs game; if he continues his awful play, bench him for Cutler. If he plays in such a manner that the Broncos are winning the game specifically because of him, then keep him in. But if he's just managing the game, hitting 50% of his passes, even if he doesn't have any turnovers, take him out. I want a QB that is a difference-maker.
                              Quitters to the back of the line.......

....losing to SD by 1 score, and still having another game with them and 1/2 up on KC,

yeah....better pack up the tents.....
                              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Your on the money with Sheffler and Cutler. He also worked well with Walker and Kircus. Seems Jay put the ball out in front where they could get some yards after the catch.
                                As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Working...
                                X