Fire Coyer... (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Coyer... (merged)

Denver has so many problems but the defense has some major problems (besides the punter and lack of offense). I think it is our scheme and the lack of adjustments. How do you blow a 24-7 lead? Larry Coyer needs to be fired and Shanahan needs to hire a 3-4 defensive coordinator.

Why does Denver do an all out blitz yet play cover 3 zone and give the WR a 7-10 yard cushion? The Cowboys demonstrated yesterday how to play pressure defense. The defense is the same as it was under Ray Rhodes during 2001-2002. If you compare the two you will find pretty comparable problems and numbers. Denver lacks a consistent pass rush and cover safeties. Yeah I am saying it John Lynch as a great of a guy as he is, is a has been.
    Broncos fans since age 6.
    Fanatical Broncos fan since 1991.
    Favorite Player: John Elway
    Favorite Coach: Mike Shanahan

I agree, I would think a DC would try to stop LT, instead of letting him run everywhere. Zone coverage against an accurate QB is crazy.

Comment

coyer is a dumbass, been saying it for the last 2 seasons. hes had time to bring players that he wants, his defensive schemes are so stupid when we get a lead. FIRE THIS MAN before he gets assassinated
      sigpic

Comment

It's almost like he gameplans properly for one half of each game, where we get pressure on the QB and force incompletions and turnovers. But during that other half, nothing. And we generally get carved up.
        sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Ya know, I too think we need an agressive and brilliant DC, but who would it be? Try someone new or is there a guy out there available?

I think our D played a great first half, but what was that in the 2nd half? I don't think Plummer cost us the game, but I am getting tired of those really low completion rates. I know this week isn't the week for a QB change, but who knows.

Comment

When you are given lemons...make lemonade.

Coyer is making due with what has been given to him. Until Shanahan makes the d-line a priority, Denver's defense will struggle.

His biggest problem is the lack of adjustments. But, overall, I don't think that he is a bad coach.
            Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by LDB

Coyer is making due with what has been given to him. Until Shanahan makes the d-line a priority, Denver's defense will struggle.

His biggest problem is the lack of adjustments. But, overall, I don't think that he is a bad coach.
              No, we don't have a dominant pass rusher, but nothing we can do about it right noc but adjust. Coyer has some major talent that he is wasting. With the speed of our linebackers, Champ and Lynch we should be beating the stuffing out of some offenses. Coyer is clueless. This is not the NCAA. Even the worst of the NFL quarterbacks are talented enough to pick apart a defense in zone coverage and no pass rush. Coyer needs to be flipping burgers instead of playing prevent defense. It only prevents us from winning!

Here is an idea. Shanahan take over the offense and let Dennison fix the defense. He comes from the times of hard hitting and intimidation. We need to be stacking the box. We have good corners and safeties, they can manage straight up man to man. Then rush your 4 with constant pressure from the LB's. Sure you are gonna get beat here and there if they can pick the blitz up, but letting the QB stand back there and make Tea and Crumpets while the WR's wander through our defenders until he finds a place to camp.

The biggest difference between the 1st and second half is that me were stacking the box, making multiple shifts prior to the snap and getting pressure on Phillips. I don't understand whay we changed. They did not make any major adjustments. We stuffed the run in the 1st half. SHould have in the second. Although, it is difficult to stuff it when the the entire defense except for the line is 7-10 yards deep. No wonder he was getting 8+ yards per carry.

It is time to let Lynch and cohorts lay them down like he has the reputation too. Coyer quit trying to beat them with finesse and stick their facemask in the dirt. He can't throw if he is on his back.

Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by LDB

I still think this is being blown out of proportion too. To say our defense is struggling is folly. They gave up 34 to the Colts and 28 (while the game was still competitive) to the Chargers, the two top offenses in the league. After that they gave up an average 20 points to the Steelers (who do have a decent offense still) and 18 pts to the Rams (which was a stellar performance considering the circumstances). Other than that it's been lights out the rest of the way. That's not a struggling defense in my mind.
                sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

I like how we refuse to bump a receiver. Champ is about the only one who doesn't need to but our defense isn't 11 Champs so why the hell aren't we bumping receivers

Comment

No

Originally posted by Broncos724
                    I still think this is being blown out of proportion too. To say our defense is struggling is folly. They gave up 34 to the Colts and 28 (while the game was still competitive) to the Chargers, the two top offenses in the league. After that they gave up an average 20 points to the Steelers (who do have a decent offense still) and 18 pts to the Rams (which was a stellar performance considering the circumstances). Other than that it's been lights out the rest of the way. That's not a struggling defense in my mind.
                    Wrong....they could not stop the Colts or the Chargers in the second half. They could not make the adjustments necessary, and if they did, the Broncos win both games. We have a serious problem in pass Defense, period, and Coyer is to blame...he has to go, there is no other way to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724
                      It's almost like he gameplans properly for one half of each game, where we get pressure on the QB and force incompletions and turnovers. But during that other half, nothing. And we generally get carved up.
                      He's shown no ability to adjust to what an offense is doing...
                      This space for rent

Comment

Coyer's Gotta GO!!!

Enough is enough!!!! How long do we have to endure a defense that puts no pressure on the quarterback, a suspect DB constantly getting burned with no help and a weak zone pass defense that features 5 highly paid professional athletes standing around watching a tight end catch a pass to keep another drive alive. Yes, the officiating was terrible, the offense strayed from what had been a successful game plan and the kick-off coverage was non-existant, but the defense has been going down hill since people starting calling them the "best". Can the old man!!!!!

Comment

I'm going to be honest. It's really hard to disagree.

Comment

This is impossible to disagree with.

He has no idea how to protect a lead....NONE.
                            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Do you think Green, L.J. and the rest of the Chef Offense is drooling at the thought of playing the "Best Damn Zone Defense Period"?

Comment

Working...
                              X