thank god for shanny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank god for shanny

smoke and mirrors has led us to the record we have. with the talent on this team any other coach would be 4-4 at best. i think shanny has done his best job of coaching over the last two years (this includes the sb teams). excluding champ, walker and the lbs tell me one position that we have better than average talent at? in fact we are below average in most other areas. so before you bite into your turkey leg this thanks giving be sure and thank the fb gods for our coach.
    PROUD BREEDER OF 3 BRONCO FANS AND STILL PRACTICING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by clokwork orange
    smoke and mirrors has led us to the record we have. with the talent on this team any other coach would be 4-4 at best. i think shanny has done his best job of coaching over the last two years (this includes the sb teams). excluding champ, walker and the lbs tell me one position that we have better than average talent at? in fact we are below average in most other areas. so before you bite into your turkey leg this thanks giving be sure and thank the fb gods for our coach.
    are you serious? other that jake, this is one of the most talented teams in the league. we have a great offensive line and running game, one of the best wideouts in the league, possibly the best set of linebackers in the league, the best CB in many years in the league, and a couple of good pass rushers in lang and dumervil. so i would say we have above average talent in most areas.

Comment

Weve played 10 games so id be amazed if any other coach could leed this team to 4-4.
      Weve got a big play WR and a reliable WR who always makes the play, a fantastic O-line that keeps our QB relatively clean, good running backs, a great run stopping D Line, clutch kicker, top MLB, #1 CB...... I love Shanny but i think your giving him to much credit atleast for this year.
      sigpicPlease Help A die Hard Broncos Fan Out, And Share Or Pledge My Kickstarter Party Game "Help Wanted" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...help-wanted-0/

Comment

Thank God indeed for Shanahan but...

Been a Bronco fan since way back, and here's my two cents worth. Mike Shanahan blew the playcalling last night. He didn't trust his punting and defense so he put too much pressure on his offense. I think Jake has a few years left in the gas tank but not as a big time QB. I agree that he may not be the biggest gunslinger around but I think we are stuck with him and would rather be stuck with him rather than play Cutler at this point. We just cannot destroy his confidence further, in the hope that Cutler could cut it. To me, the chances that Cutler could cut it is far, far less than Jake's chances to manage a good QB game.
        I put much more blame on Shanahan being too gung-ho last night. Trust the defense, make the punt team play. Hey, if it didn't work out, you'd still have a better feeling that the TEAM gave it all! I agree, where's the roll out? the playaction? This is STILL a very good team! with SUPER BOWL caliber players than just need to be managed with good calls.
        Overall though, yup he did built up this team. Very good at that. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
          are you serious? other that jake, this is one of the most talented teams in the league. we have a great offensive line and running game, one of the best wideouts in the league, possibly the best set of linebackers in the league, the best CB in many years in the league, and a couple of good pass rushers in lang and dumervil. so i would say we have above average talent in most areas.
          take off your orange shades our oline is not great (other than nalen), our running backs are way below average (the system helps somewhat) walker is a stud but in all honesty rod smith at this point in his career is average at best. our d line is horrid.

Comment

Our problem isnt talent, we have as much talent as any team in the league, if anything is lacking its the coaching... We have not had good schemes on the offensive side of the ball (shanahans area) he is supposed to be an offensive genius but our offense has sucked more then half the season. Our defense plays awesome when they feel like they have to. But Coyer just puts them into a prevent defense whenever the pressure is on. We have great talent on both sides of the ball, no team has great players at every position. We also have alot of under-rated players on both sides of the ball. The only areas we NEED to improve are QB,DE. A better TE would be nice too.
            sigpic

Comment

take off your orange shades our oline is not great (other than nalen), our running backs are way below average (the system helps somewhat) walker is a stud but in all honesty rod smith at this point in his career is average at best. our d line is horrid.
              Denver is 3rd in the league in rushing but you are right, our running backs and offensive line suck . And Rod is still a nice possession reciever. And yes, overall our d-line isn't all that good but we do have a couple of nice pass rushers. I might be a little homerish, but you are selling the players on the team short.

Comment

Originally posted by HidEmu
                Our problem isnt talent, we have as much talent as any team in the league, if anything is lacking its the coaching... We have not had good schemes on the offensive side of the ball (shanahans area) he is supposed to be an offensive genius but our offense has sucked more then half the season. Our defense plays awesome when they feel like they have to. But Coyer just puts them into a prevent defense whenever the pressure is on. We have great talent on both sides of the ball, no team has great players at every position. We also have alot of under-rated players on both sides of the ball. The only areas we NEED to improve are QB,DE. A better TE would be nice too.
                i feel that shanny is not trusting plummer..he is afraid that if he allows plummer to throw..he will make mistakes.

the basic problem is plummer is not a good pocket passer and all opponents are making him stand in the pocket..
                they feell the chances of plummer throwing interceptions are more if he throws from pocket.

they are also not allowing to do bootlegs as they are keeping DE at the edges.

Comment

Originally posted by HidEmu
                  can you name 10 qbs you would rather have playing for us besides jake? can you name ten rb you would rather have playing for us besides the ones we have? i can. can you name 10 de ends you would rather have than ours? i can. can you name ten wr that are better than rod at this point in his career? i can. my point being that the talent on this team is not up to par at key positions.

Comment

Originally posted by go_cutler
                    i feel that shanny is not trusting plummer..he is afraid that if he allows plummer to throw..he will make mistakes.

the basic problem is plummer is not a good pocket passer and all opponents are making him stand in the pocket..
                    they feell the chances of plummer throwing interceptions are more if he throws from pocket.

they are also not allowing to do bootlegs as they are keeping DE at the edges.
                    Keeping at least one TE to help block the front seven also helps to open up the bootlegs. Since the PIT game and most of the SAN game we had 2 TE's helping the new OT's keep the rush down to a minimum.

BTW one of the reasons there are so sacks against this team is because of Jake mobility not that they are such a great pocket passing protection oline.

Comment

can you name 10 qbs you would rather have playing for us besides jake? can you name ten rb you would rather have playing for us besides the ones we have? i can. can you name 10 de ends you would rather have than ours? i can. can you name ten wr that are better than rod at this point in his career? i can. my point being that the talent on this team is not up to par at key positions.
                      why must you focus on the negatives? the fact is, every team in the nfl has weaknesses. this team has more talent then most teams in the league. that is why we are 7-3 despite horrendous play from our QB. our defense, running game, and the play of javon have bailed him out on numerous occasions. you are giving shanahan too much credit for our success.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                        Keeping at least one TE to help block the front seven also helps to open up the bootlegs. Since the PIT game and most of the SAN game we had 2 TE's helping the new OT's keep the rush down to a minimum.

BTW one of the reasons there are so sacks against this team is because of Jake mobility not that they are such a great pocket passing protection oline.
                        Your right JRWIZ, the whole team is Jake Plummer flunkies, the team is awful and Plummer is an underrated Superstar!

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
                          why must you focus on the negatives? the fact is, every team in the nfl has weaknesses. this team has more talent then most teams in the league. that is why we are 7-3 despite horrendous play from our QB. our defense, running game, and the play of javon have bailed him out on numerous occasions. you are giving shanahan too much credit for our success.
                          if you read my orignal post you would see that i was focusing on positve our coach. i feel shanny has done wonders with a mediocre roster. that doesn't mean every player on this roster is bum.

Comment

Lepsis is one of the most underrated players in the NFL. Hamilton is a very good guard and Nalen is annually one of the top centers in the NFL.

Oline isn't about INDIVIDUAL talent, it is how they work together as a unit. When Lepsis is healthy, the left side of the line is the best in the business at run blocking.
                            The three Keys to football
                            1. Turnovers
                            2. Field Position
                            3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRT
                              Lepsis is one of the most underrated players in the NFL. Hamilton is a very good guard and Nalen is annually one of the top centers in the NFL.

Oline isn't about INDIVIDUAL talent, it is how they work together as a unit. When Lepsis is healthy, the left side of the line is the best in the business at run blocking.
                              when healthy? left side of the line? are we healty? who are starting tkls? nuff said

Comment

Working...
                              X