thank god for shanny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRWIZ
    Keeping at least one TE to help block the front seven also helps to open up the bootlegs. Since the PIT game and most of the SAN game we had 2 TE's helping the new OT's keep the rush down to a minimum.

BTW one of the reasons there are so sacks against this team is because of Jake mobility not that they are such a great pocket passing protection oline.

Jake needs his mobility because he is so indecisive, he pumps,he hesitates and then he needs to scramble. If he could hit a 10 yard slant or a simple out route in rhythm he wouldn't have to scramble so much.

The oline is only expected to block for 3-4 seconds. With Jake it takes him 3-4 seconds to pull his head out of his @$$.
    Last edited by BroncoRT; 11-21-2006, 01:15 PM.
    The three Keys to football
    1. Turnovers
    2. Field Position
    3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
      Your right JRWIZ, the whole team is Jake Plummer flunkies, the team is awful and Plummer is an underrated Superstar!

Finally you get it I was wondering how long it would take to get the point across.

Jake is not a super star just a good QB with a poor pass blocking Oline that is worse this year than last with injuries and demotions that have taken place.

Look I know you really dislike Jake and it comes from more than just his play. You need to let loose of the hostility and understand that Mikey just might know something you don't.

If and when Mikey makes the change I will support it, however I don;t see how cutelr will be any better with this existing oline.

Comment

Originally posted by go_cutler
        i feel that shanny is not trusting plummer..he is afraid that if he allows plummer to throw..he will make mistakes.
        I don't know about that. If he distrusts Plummer so much he would be playing Cutler. That or he still can't get over what a loser Griese turned out to be.

Comment

Finally you get it I was wondering how long it would take to get the point across.

Jake is not a super star just a good QB with a poor pass blocking Oline that is worse this year than last with injuries and demotions that have taken place.

Look I know you really dislike Jake and it comes from more than just his play. You need to let loose of the hostility and understand that Mikey just might know something you don't.

If and when Mikey makes the change I will support it, however I don;t see how cutelr will be any better with this existing oline.
          i argree with you wiz mike does know something about jake. if you have watched his play calling he is doing everthing possible to keep the ball out of his hands a key times during the game.
          PROUD BREEDER OF 3 BRONCO FANS AND STILL PRACTICING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clokwork orange
            i argree with you wiz mike does know something about jake. if you have watched his play calling he is doing everthing possible to keep the ball out of his hands a key times during the game.
            And it still doesn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by clokwork orange
              if you read my orignal post you would see that i was focusing on positve our coach. i feel shanny has done wonders with a mediocre roster. that doesn't mean every player on this roster is bum.
              you are still selling our talent short. that's all i have to say on this.

Comment

JR, how can you believe he is good...his stats for his career are sub-par, this season is showing his true self, he is very inconsistent, he has the ability to be great, he always did. I will argue that he had natural abilities you can not teach, but his flaws kill him from being what he could have been, one of the best...now he is no more then a fluke, we all should see that. I know Pears and Meadows...they are both very balanced tackles, not more run or pass orientated, unlike the rest of the line, give Nalen whom is balanced as well...still the guards are alright overall and I could easily count many plays where a receiver was open and Plummer had five seconds to pass and barely got it off, he hit the ground, over or under threw the ball. What you ask is for 6 second protection, that will never happen in this league.

Yes, I disslike Jake...yes, I feel it is a disgrace he wears the uniform because of vast issues. But you need to learn that sometimes players need to be responsible for their play, that it is not everyone elses fault but the player you like.

Maybe Mike's loyalty is overseeing his reasoning, have you ever thought about that? I love Shanahan, but it is a fact that coaches are not so much coaches then they are game planners anymore, they leave it to the assistants, a coach needs to be tough, needs to bench more then a player here or there to take the heat off one particular athlete...I really think Plummer has Shanahan so scared about locker room chemistry, or he is just holding back cause of friendship, but the time to pull Jake was two weeks ago, and keeping him out there is a liabilty, one I think he is avoiding...well that is my opinion at least.

Comment

Keeping at least one TE to help block the front seven also helps to open up the bootlegs. Since the PIT game and most of the SAN game we had 2 TE's helping the new OT's keep the rush down to a minimum.

BTW one of the reasons there are so sacks against this team is because of Jake mobility not that they are such a great pocket passing protection oline.
                  Yes, but that also limits how many receivers are running a pattern during the play thus giving the linebackers and dbacks less worry about how many are going downfield.
                  As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Originally posted by vandyman53
                    Yes, but that also limits how many receivers are running a pattern during the play thus giving the linebackers and dbacks less worry about how many are going downfield.
                    The point precisely, by holding in the TEs they are out of the game plan. But since our Oline is designed for running and not blocking it is a necessary evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X