Shanahan Confirms Jake Will Start @ Kansas City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arapaho
    i guess this is why we are constantly throwing out the 39-14 record when mentioning jake huh
    yeah.... funny how that works that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
      yeah.... funny how that works that way.

It works that way because thats just the way it is for QB's in the NFL.

Look at all the QB's that have every played and they talk about how many games THEY won.

Same for pitchers in baseball. Its just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by vandyman53
        'Cane the QB is the unquestioned leader of the team. When his play begins to fall off it effects every aspect of the team. Just not the offense, but defense, special teams, etc. When it virtually continuously happens the team begins losing confidence in him psycologically, and performance begins to wain throughout the team. How the QB goes so goes the rest of the team. I notice Shanny could come up with only one team that didn't have much offense that went all the way.
        Blame Jake for the entire teams lousy play.

Jake is the leader now on ST and Defense!

WOW struck a new low with this one.

I guess you'll do anything to promote your boy won't you.

I thought better of you prior to this post.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
          It works that way because thats just the way it is for QB's in the NFL.

Look at all the QB's that have every played and they talk about how many games THEY won.

Same for pitchers in baseball. Its just the way it is.
          True.... but you also talk about how many they Lost.. and not just the team. The QB gets credit for those as well. Thats just the way it is. Fair or not fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
            True.... but you also talk about how many they Lost.. and not just the team. The QB gets credit for those as well. Thats just the way it is. Fair or not fair.

Thats true. Before Jake got to Denver it was all about his loses...

Now that he is here and has been a starter its been all about his winning % as a starter.

No matter how illustrious his career and how many records he has and is in the HOF, Jim Kelly could always be know as the QB who lost 4 Super Bowls in a row.

Comment

Jay Cutler against seattle is a perfect starting point that D has been getting torched.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncofan87
                i disagree, the only thing wrong with the special teams is the punter, i think shanny is starting to toss and turn about his decision to release sauerbrun. last year was a pretty good year in terms of special teams, the players were tackling good and the ball always seemed to have enough hangtime so that the defenders could get to the returner before he decided to run. ernster isnt that good at all. hes like a Micah Knorr. his kick offs are good but his punts seemed to be flat.

i think the whole team needs to play with more heart because they look to always lose interest late in the games. giving up too many yards on defense and not forcing many on offense
                Our special teams unit, as a whole, is awful. We don't have a consistent returner. Our blocking lasts up to the 20 yard line, generally. Our entire return game is sub-par.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                  Thats true. Before Jake got to Denver it was all about his loses...

Now that he is here and has been a starter its been all about his winning % as a starter.

No matter how illustrious his career and how many records he has and is in the HOF, Jim Kelly could always be know as the QB who lost 4 Super Bowls in a row.
                  I always remember him as the QB /team that WENT to four SUper bowls in a row.... something that no other team has accomplished. Thats a domination in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                    Our special teams unit, as a whole, is awful. We don't have a consistent returner. Our blocking lasts up to the 20 yard line, generally. Our entire return game is sub-par.
                    What do you think of grabbing a guy like Steve Breaston in the draft? He could prove as a nice 3rd or 4th WR for us too I think he has talent, since I heard we would have gotten hester if he fell to us last year just for his return game.

could you see us drafting him? maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round. I don't think hes seen as a first round guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XReJ_6RTThw
                    Last edited by The Dyna$ty; 11-20-2006, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Go Jake

Jake will pull it together and win. Or better yet the team will. Leave the snake the hell alone.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ

No you haven't "thought better" of me JR. Apparently, you have not played the game or it has been so long that you don't remember the inner workings of the team.

I don't "promote" my boy. I watch the first team quarterback become more and more hapless trying to pass out of the pocket. Shanny did say they needed to work on the drop back passing game didn't he. I wonder who he was talking about. By the way, Jay Cutler is not just "my boy" he is the Broncos future which may come awful quick from what I've been hearing thru the national media.
                        As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ

i believe hes correct...it is a team game..always has been,,,typically the qb is the team leader, team captain....the guy who leads this team!!! that has always been the qbs role, when the chips are down the leader comes through for the team, when things are not going rght, the qb changes that, makes plays, gives life to a struggling team.....and yes the rest of the team feeds off that...if he's busting his ass for the team , then they will...........ala elway helecopter dive in the superbowl....( you know the team said after that when they seen elway make that play, they knew they would win )

what we got here is a qb who sits with his head down, on the bench, cant make plays, who is hurting the team with his play....whether you believe it or not...it is what it is.....and we have a class team , from the top down...no one will throw jake under the bus.................what does he say to the offense after makeing a stupid play?...sorry my bad only cuts it so many times....what does he say to reciever open on big downs and he misses them....next time get more open? what..they are playing to and they need a qb change....whether thats jake playing well or cutler...the team needs a change
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

play Culter the second half
                            SuperBowl 42 Denver Broncos Versus
                            The Green Bay Packers

Comment

Working...
                            X