George Foster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WABronco
    We need George Foster to play well and be a starting OT. We already have enough needs as is. I'd like to see him get one more camp before we deal/cut him...

agreed-- most sensible post in the thread. . . at the very worst the guy is a serviceable young tackle who still has a lot of upside-- no need to run him out of town just yet. . . it would be one thing if we could really get something valuable for him, but he's worth more here than some mid-round selection. . . he's got good physical skills and he knows our system-- and we really don't have anyone to replace him, unless pears shows us he can run block. . . who thinks adam meadows is a long-term solution? raise your hands. . . .

i'm certainly not saying that i think it's impossible that shanny WOULD trade him, but i don't really see how it benefits us that much. . . obviously i'm as disappointed as anyone else to see a former 1st rounder riding the pine, but i agree that i'd rather see him get another shot. . . who knows, maybe getting benched will wake him up-- stranger things have happened. . . . i really thought he made some big strides in his pass protection this year-- maybe the coaches didn't see it as progress, but just from my personal perspective i really thought i saw improvement in that area, and i'd hate to see him shipped off right before he breaks out. . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

i think george faoster is needed on this team. hes the biggest oline men we got. why is every time a guy is playing bad everyone want to see him traded? trade plummer, trade tatum, trade darrent. whos next? if al wilson has a 2 tackle game do u want to trade him? maybe champ gets burned once do u want to trade him? guys look we have winning record. thats all that matters. when a regular starter gets put on a bench it menas that someone else is proving themsleves. one or two maybe 3 games doesnt make a guys career.

Comment

Originally posted by D.J.55
        i think george faoster is needed on this team. hes the biggest oline men we got. why is every time a guy is playing bad everyone want to see him traded? trade plummer, trade tatum, trade darrent. whos next? if al wilson has a 2 tackle game do u want to trade him? maybe champ gets burned once do u want to trade him? guys look we have winning record. thats all that matters. when a regular starter gets put on a bench it menas that someone else is proving themsleves. one or two maybe 3 games doesnt make a guys career.
        Plummer has way more than 3 bad games. However, I doubt we could get anything for him in a trade.

Shanny isnt great on draft day. But he knows how to take care of problems on the team. I'm glad he's not scared to bench anyone. Well except Plummer.

Comment

We need George Foster to play well and be a starting OT. We already have enough needs as is. I'd like to see him get one more camp before we deal/cut him...

I don't think so. Meadows played well against SD, as both TD runs were behind his great blocks. Hopefully he will continue to improve. Pears is playing decently and will only get better. Lepsis will return next year.

Foster doesn't have the attitude to be a Denver lineman. He has trade value this off season and if we can get a third or fourth rounder for him, Shanny should pull the trigger on the trade. If he goes to camp and dissapoints again then you lose his trade value. Get something for him while you can.
          The three Keys to football
          1. Turnovers
          2. Field Position
          3. Red Zone Play

Comment

For every Marcus Nash, there is a Terrell Davis. Shanahan has had his busts in the draft, but he has had his jewels as well. He's not the absoulute best in the draft, but there have been some very good impact players from the draft.

I defy ANYONE to show me a coach or GM who has not had some busts in the draft!!

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
              Wow.

Another underachieving top round pick from Shanahan that gets "devalued".

And people honestly try and defend his drafting stratetegy.

Unbelievable.

:brick:
              YEP could not have said it any better.

Comment

What?!

Originally posted by dogfish
                agreed-- most sensible post in the thread. . . at the very worst the guy is a serviceable young tackle who still has a lot of upside-- no need to run him out of town just yet. . . it would be one thing if we could really get something valuable for him, but he's worth more here than some mid-round selection. . . he's got good physical skills and he knows our system-- and we really don't have anyone to replace him, unless pears shows us he can run block. . . who thinks adam meadows is a long-term solution? raise your hands. . . .

i'm certainly not saying that i think it's impossible that shanny WOULD trade him, but i don't really see how it benefits us that much. . . obviously i'm as disappointed as anyone else to see a former 1st rounder riding the pine, but i agree that i'd rather see him get another shot. . . who knows, maybe getting benched will wake him up-- stranger things have happened. . . . i really thought he made some big strides in his pass protection this year-- maybe the coaches didn't see it as progress, but just from my personal perspective i really thought i saw improvement in that area, and i'd hate to see him shipped off right before he breaks out. . .
                How So?

Eric Pears is a natural RT and will be a better player than Foster anyway.

Comment

Either way you slice it, tackle is still a need for this year in the draft.

Meadows isn't a long-term solution, he's 32 years old.

Lepsis is old as well, and has a serious injury.

Foster is benched, but still has talent.

Pears has played well for his situation.

If we can't get anything for George, I'd agree with keeping him.

Also, people need to stop with these stupid Madden trades.

Foster at best would merit a third-rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream

Your correct I did not know that meadows was that old. Although it is not unheard of that the best Oline guys are great into their mid thirtys. But lets hope we get a value pick (OT) in this years draft in the 3-4 round to train and give exprience over the next couple of years. Since most other teams are not looking for SMART and MOBILE linemen, they tend to fall to us later in the draft.

I know you really liked foster and frankly I have never understood why. I commend you for your loyalty about it.

He does not seem to fit our mold so to speak. He has not IMHO been more than a marginal guy big and fast but from what I have seen beat by fast pass rushers, and even with a TE in to help seemed to be ineffective. With his size he should have been a road grader on the run but again I did not see him to be that great. Certainly not a #1 choice IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream

Dream...my post was a joke sincerely! Maybe not the best, but to be realistic, Foster is costly as a 1st Round pick that is having issues, the whole line is in flux...Meadows and Pears are balanced, while the line elsewhere is more run orientated. In my mind I would move Pears to the Right Tackle spot for another season, behing meadows and make him our long term right tackle. Use a pick to take maybe Chase Johnson from Wyoming or Andrew Cameron from California to backup Lepsis and learn the left tackle position, if Lepsis returns...if not then you have to believe Pears and Meadows are our starters. We also will likely go after a guard in the draft if they can not sign a solid guard to take Carlisle's spot and if Myers is not ready...maybe Dan Santucci from Notre Dame, but I bet the Broncos will likely go after more balanced guards via free agency like Ryan Lilja from Indianapolis or Chris Gray from the Seattle.

Foster for the money is not a backup, he either plays or not, if he is not balanced enough, Denver owes it to him to help him find a place elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                        Plummer has way more than 3 bad games. However, I doubt we could get anything for him in a trade.

Shanny isnt great on draft day. But he knows how to take care of problems on the team. I'm glad he's not scared to bench anyone. Well except Plummer.
                        yea he has some really bad games but what has he done WIN. to me thats all that really matters to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRT
                          I don't think so. Meadows played well against SD, as both TD runs were behind his great blocks. Hopefully he will continue to improve. Pears is playing decently and will only get better. Lepsis will return next year.

Foster doesn't have the attitude to be a Denver lineman. He has trade value this off season and if we can get a third or fourth rounder for him, Shanny should pull the trigger on the trade. If he goes to camp and dissapoints again then you lose his trade value. Get something for him while you can.
                          Meadows is 32 or 33 years old.

Comment

Meadows is 32 or 33 years old.

I know he isn't the long term solution, but he is playing better than Foster right now. Foster has trade value, so I think we should get something for him before he totally busts out.
                            The three Keys to football
                            1. Turnovers
                            2. Field Position
                            3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
                              Dream...my post was a joke sincerely! Maybe not the best, but to be realistic, Foster is costly as a 1st Round pick that is having issues, the whole line is in flux...Meadows and Pears are balanced, while the line elsewhere is more run orientated. In my mind I would move Pears to the Right Tackle spot for another season, behing meadows and make him our long term right tackle. Use a pick to take maybe Chase Johnson from Wyoming or Andrew Cameron from California to backup Lepsis and learn the left tackle position, if Lepsis returns...if not then you have to believe Pears and Meadows are our starters. We also will likely go after a guard in the draft if they can not sign a solid guard to take Carlisle's spot and if Myers is not ready...maybe Dan Santucci from Notre Dame, but I bet the Broncos will likely go after more balanced guards via free agency like Ryan Lilja from Indianapolis or Chris Gray from the Seattle.

Foster for the money is not a backup, he either plays or not, if he is not balanced enough, Denver owes it to him to help him find a place elsewhere.

I dont see why we are all givin up completley on George?

I mean if we cna keep him goin into next season i dont see why we dont, at best he is motivated and wins back a spot for us down the line, at worst we have a good backup and decent starter if we need him.
                              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Working...
                              X