X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos make NFL history with 6 night games

from nfl.com

UNDER THE LIGHTS

The Broncos are about to become what is thought to be the first team in NFL history to play six regular-season night games.

They now are in the midst of their second straight three-game stretch of night games, which continues Thursday night in Kansas City against the Chiefs with a game televised on NFL Network. On Sunday night, Denver hosted and lost to San Diego and a week from Sunday night, the Broncos will host the Seattle Seahawks in another NBC Sunday nighter.

Earlier this season, the Broncos played at New England on a Sunday night, at home against Baltimore on a Monday night, and then at home against Oakland on a Sunday night.

Six primetime games in which, so far, the Broncos have fashioned a 3-1 record.

I did not realize that. I was aware it has been the most we have played in a season.

Remember it feels like yesterday we could not win a game at night and the newspapers kept saying how the broncos are afraid of the dark

we are getting a lot of practice for the superbowl

Comment

Six games in the dark....

This could be a curse for us i think.

I'm always thinking we play better defensively in the day games, somebody should do the math. Our defense is starting to falter these past few weeks since the colts showed jake is not the payton which will never show ELWAY quality play.

It's time we put cutler into the game, especially if we go up two TDs against he chiefs on thursday night
      Underneath this Flabby Exterior is a huge lack of character...

Comment

I figured we would have that game chosen for the flex schedule, but everyone was saying there is a 5 game limit on prime time games in a season. I guess there isn't. I get to see all the Bronco games anyway, but I'm glad everyone else gets a taste of the Broncos. 6 games is crazy in one season.
        2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

atleast we are making history in that category....

Comment

I was just thinking about that this morning. Crazy how we got so many primetime games. Great for me since I live in VA and can watch alot of the games. So far we are going to have 8 nationalily televised games and 6 of them are primetime.
            President Cool

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3
              I figured we would have that game chosen for the flex schedule, but everyone was saying there is a 5 game limit on prime time games in a season. I guess there isn't. I get to see all the Bronco games anyway, but I'm glad everyone else gets a taste of the Broncos. 6 games is crazy in one season.

I kept hearing and repeating the 5-game limit as well.

However, I saw a couple weeks ago the rule is.
              Teams are allowed only 5 primetime games in a season.
              However, 3 teams a year can go to 6.

Example... Denver is playing 6... say NE and Indy also play 6, then everyone elses limit is 5.
              sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
              Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3
                I do not think the NFL Network game "counts" against the primetime games because it is not part of mainstream tv/cable (I think )
                NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

6 games on national T.V. and I think you could even say 7 because wasn't the COlts game shown nationally also??

Anyway, for anyone who might want to say there is a "bias" against the Broncos around the league I would have to say NO...its evident someone likes us or we wouldn't be on national tv so much.

Just a thought.

Comment

6 primetime games is the max that one team can have.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                      6 games on national T.V. and I think you could even say 7 because wasn't the COlts game shown nationally also??
                      It depends on your definition of "national." That Broncos game wasn't shown in San Diego because of the Chargers game on FOX that week.
                      "This is a terrible thread and I've negged the OP." -CoryWinget81
                      "If the ACL is torn ... Von will in fact miss next year as well." -PFM2013

Comment

Lol.....

Originally posted by go_cutler
                        atleast we are making history in that category....
                        -----------------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X