Eli Manning: Alot Like Jake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Manning: Alot Like Jake

Both alot of talent but prone to making bonehead mistakes and seeming to lose the suypport and confidence of their team. What disturbs me most about them is their nonchalant attitude on the sidelines or after making huge errors.

I know that everyone is not built the same way but I never see any emotion from these guys or no indication that they have studies tape or familiarized themselves with the deffensive tendencies of the other teams.
    Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

I was thinking this same thing last night...

Then I quickly dismissed that thought... About the only similarity is that they are both struggling...

And I would disagree that you never see any emotion out of either of them... Jake is a fiery competitor who wears his emotions on his sleeve. Do you remember the bird flipping incident? The angry message he left with the Denver Post reporter, the supposed road rage incident... And those are off the field! On the field you can see him running to the endzone to celebrate after TD's, motivating teammates etc...

Whereas Eli seems like he may slip into a coma at any given moment he is so dull. That guy is lifeless.

In short, the QB's don't share much in common besides their positions and their struggles... The real question is who would you rather have? I'd say it's a toss up at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Aija
      Both alot of talent but prone to making bonehead mistakes and seeming to lose the suypport and confidence of their team. What disturbs me most about them is their nonchalant attitude on the sidelines or after making huge errors.

I know that everyone is not built the same way but I never see any emotion from these guys or no indication that they have studies tape or familiarized themselves with the deffensive tendencies of the other teams.
      Eli Manning = Peyton Manning...

You pressure him..he will do mistakes..

Drew Bledsoe = Plummer

Both do mistakes at crucial times and will cost games single handidly

Comment

Eli's real name is Elisha.. look it up. he's a girl @ heart.

Comment

Originally posted by go_cutler
          Eli Manning = Peyton Manning...

You pressure him..he will do mistakes..

Drew Bledsoe = Plummer

Both do mistakes at crucial times and will cost games single handidly
          That observation is so true. Peyton wilts under pressure teams who can get at him rattle him. Unfortunately we have never been able to get any pressure on him.
          Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

That observation is so true. Peyton wilts under pressure teams who can get at him rattle him. Unfortunately we have never been able to get any pressure on him.
            if you observe..we didn't win against gaints also..
            we allowed eli to sit in the pocket and gave so much time.

Somehow..we don't play well against them.

Comment

Thats weird - My son and I made that same observation last night - he's a giants fan -

Comment

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. What do you want them to do after making a mistake? Cry? Yell at... er... someone?

I seem to recall several threads during preseason about Plummer having a "heated" discussion with Shanahan on the sidelines as well as one about him throwing his helmet after the team failed to score a TD... do we want it both ways? He has to be upset about mistakes, but not upset enough to throw his helmet or have "heated" discussions?

I don't really think Plummer and Manning are all that similar, but I'm guessing that most NFL QBs don't show a lot of emotion over Ints. Ints happen, they can't be changed after the fact, all you can do is sit down, look at the pictures of the plays and say, "Okay, next time I'll read that differently." Anything more becomes a distraction and earns you a thread or ten on this board about your behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by quik22
                  Eli's real name is Elisha.. look it up. he's a girl @ heart.
                  Actually, her real name is Sheli.

Comment

Originally posted by go_cutler
                    if you observe..we didn't win against gaints also..
                    we allowed eli to sit in the pocket and gave so much time.

Somehow..we don't play well against them.
                    When we lost to the Giants last year it wasn't because of a lack of pressure. It was because of boneheaded rookie mistakes by Paymah and a delay FS blitz (Lynch) that allowed Toomer to make the game winning catch. On the final drive they got 2 costly penalties that kept that drive alive when it should've died.
                    sigpic
                    PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

The difference is Eli is in his 3rd season and Jake is in his 10th. You would think that after 10 years the bad decisions would decrease. They have at times during his Bronco career, but not totally unfortunately. :brick:
                      NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

I've seen Jake fired up when things are going well, but when they aren't, he is pretty much unemotional, which IMO, is better than the rants that I've seen Peyton and Brady throw when things go south.

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                          The difference is Eli is in his 3rd season and Jake is in his 10th. You would think that after 10 years the bad decisions would decrease. They have at times during his Bronco career, but not totally unfortunately. :brick:
                          dead on brother. jake is a vetran. if he doesn't have it after ten years he never will.
                          PROUD BREEDER OF 3 BRONCO FANS AND STILL PRACTICING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I would take Eli Manning on our team over jake any day of the week.

Comment

A little trivia. The only SEC team that Payton Manning DID NOT throw a TD pass against in his 4 years at Tennessee was believe it or not-VANDERBILT.

Vandy was coached by former Steeler defensive coordinator Woody Woodenhofer and the Vols never scored more than 14 against Vandy those 4 years. Seems someone needs to call Woody and learn the secret.
                              As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Working...
                              X