Ferguson out for season (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferguson out for season (Merged)

I Just Read On Espn Bottomline That He May Be Out For The Season. If This Is True Who Do Tou Guys Think We Should Give A Call ? I'd SAY Branden Browner And Ernest Shazor.

Broncos | Ferguson expected to miss remainder of season
    Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:51:02 -0800

ESPNews reports Denver Broncos SS Nick Ferguson (knee) is expected to miss the remainder of the season.

-------------------------------
    great...
    sigpic

Comment

Fudge. Fudge. I heard they did some MRIs on him. I don't know the results.

They sounded optimistic because he was able to finish the game.

Comment

True--we need to call up some depth. I say put Cox out there, or Paymah.

Comment

did anyone else think he looked really slow trying to chase down LT when he bounced it to the outside. they showed it on a replay and i yelled some things at the tv but i guess his knee must have been bothering him then.
          Pro McD

Comment

DENVER -- A Denver TV station is reporting that Broncos safety Nick Ferguson will likely miss the rest of the season with a knee injury.

According to KDVR-TV, team sources said Ferguson tore cartilage in his left knee in Sunday's home loss to the San Diego Chargers. The station said recovery from the type of injury Ferguson sustained usually takes eight to 10 weeks, meaning he is most likely out for the season.

The Broncos have already lost safety Sam Brandon for the season with a torn right ACL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...C-DT9705204233
            sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Though he has let us down in some cruical situations, I like having N.F. back there. Suck that he will be out but I'm confident in our backups.

PEACE!!!

Comment

Put Cutler in!!!!! lol
                sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Ferguson has and always will be a liability in coverage for the Broncos. That's unfortunate. Our safety core has had two key losses. It looks like one may be coming in FA or the draft pretty early.

Comment

Yes I heard earlier today.

Too bad for Ferguson he was having another solid season. Too bad for the Broncos they lose another solid player and leader. Get well as soon as possible Ferguson and I hope you get back to football next season.
                    Emancipate your mind!
                    The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
                      Yes I heard earlier today.

Too bad for Ferguson he was having another solid season. Too bad for the Broncos they lose another solid player and leader. Get well as soon as possible Ferguson and I hope you get back to football next season.
                      I wouldn't consider this a solid season. It was way below last year's, and he even had a lot of problems in coverage that year too. He's consistenly confused in coverage and is only useful in run support. I hate to see anyone get injured, but Ferguson is an average starting safety.

Comment

Originally posted by scotto291
                        did anyone else think he looked really slow trying to chase down LT when he bounced it to the outside. they showed it on a replay and i yelled some things at the tv but i guess his knee must have been bothering him then.
                        Ya they were working on his knee sometime before that play. I was surprised to see him back out there. Obviously he couldnt go full speed , not to mention making cuts on the field.

Comment

Geez, our D is getting roughed up this season

Comment

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bring in shazor...talk about a beast. 6'3 235lbs

Comment

I really hope that this does not happen. IMHO Nick is one of the best we have. I think he is a great guy on and off the field and was even thinking of custom ordering a Ferguson jersey. If it does happen, sliding Foxworth into the SS spot may not be a bad idea. I know he has never played SS, but he is a good CB and nickle back, so who knows!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X