Ferguson out for season (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dream
    I wouldn't consider this a solid season. It was way below last year's, and he even had a lot of problems in coverage that year too. He's consistenly confused in coverage and is only useful in run support. I hate to see anyone get injured, but Ferguson is an average starting safety.
    No less solid than John's pass coverage.

But anyways, my post was more of a get well for Nick as a person and not the player.

And again, thank Nick for another solid season.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderGirl
      I really hope that this does not happen. IMHO Nick is one of the best we have. I think he is a great guy on and off the field and was even thinking of custom ordering a Ferguson jersey. If it does happen, sliding Foxworth into the SS spot may not be a bad idea. I know he has never played SS, but he is a good CB and nickle back, so who knows!!!
      Absolutely not, Foxworth is a pure CB. Karl Paymah has the versatility and size to play safety. We have Cox and Abdullah to fill in for him now, but we'll likely find a body or two in FA/Draft for the future. Foxworth doesn't have what it takes to line up in the box, he'd break.

Comment

My sympathies to Nick Ferguson

Sad to see someone go down to any sort of injury. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Seems very fortunate that it was the only knee injury of the game, right Mr. Nalen?!? Did "Plummer's Crack" forget they need to go to San Diego in just 3 weeks? If the vaunted Bronc-ho offense could only muster 6 2nd half pts (3 coming after a long KO return), what will they do when Castillo and Merriman are back for the next one. Speaking of those two, the Chargers don't need any help ruining their knees, they're doing fine with their Bill Romanowski supplements...allegedly.

Does Rod Smith have a knee injury or is he just ineffective this season? I heard Eddie McCaffrey is looking for a shuffleboard partner at the retirement home.

To Scotto: Doesn't everyone seem slow when Tomlinson bounces it outside?

Comment

Hopefully Hazamah Abdullah can finally get his chance. This is actually a blessing in disguise. Fergie is a good oplayer but cant cover and lacks speed.
          Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Originally posted by Aija
            Hopefully Hazamah Abdullah can finally get his chance. This is actually a blessing in disguise. Fergie is a good oplayer but cant cover and lacks speed.

Won't Cox play safety???
            The three Keys to football
            1. Turnovers
            2. Field Position
            3. Red Zone Play

Comment

brandon Marshall to replace him. heehe. play him both ways, that would be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by rockrules40
                brandon Marshall to replace him. heehe. play him both ways, that would be sweet.
                this is true as he was a safety.
                11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

Comment

I do think Nick looked a little slow when LT blew by him, I guess this is why. Cox will have to fill in for him and I guess Abdullah will have to play Brandon's role...but this is not good at all.... :brick:
                  I adopted Matt Lepsis!

Comment

According to team reports, he was walking through a hall in the Bronco's training facility and passed an open door offensive line meeting, they spotted a defensive player walking by and instinctively dove out the door for his knees.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoiberg
                      Sad to see someone go down to any sort of injury. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Seems very fortunate that it was the only knee injury of the game, right Mr. Nalen?!? Did "Plummer's Crack" forget they need to go to San Diego in just 3 weeks? If the vaunted Bronc-ho offense could only muster 6 2nd half pts (3 coming after a long KO return), what will they do when Castillo and Merriman are back for the next one. Speaking of those two, the Chargers don't need any help ruining their knees, they're doing fine with their Bill Romanowski supplements...allegedly.

Does Rod Smith have a knee injury or is he just ineffective this season? I heard Eddie McCaffrey is looking for a shuffleboard partner at the retirement home.

To Scotto: Doesn't everyone seem slow when Tomlinson bounces it outside?
                      yayaya enjoy your smack talkin while you can.
                      Pro McD

Comment

Ferguson out for season

more bad news for our safety position. ugh!
                        Broncos' Ferguson out for season

By Kevin Huhn, Rocky Mountain News
                        November 21, 2006
                        Broncos safety Nick Ferguson, who underwent an MRI exam on his left knee on Monday, is out for the rest of the season. He injured his left knee in the Broncos' loss to San Diego. He sat out one play and came back to finish the game.

Ferguson, a 5-11, 200-pounder from Georgia Tech, played his first three years in the league with the New York Jets. He has been with Denver since 2003.

''It's depressing,'' cornerback Domonique Foxworth said. ''He's been playing really well for us, so it's really disappointing. He finished the game (on a hurt knee). The fact he finished says a lot. We're all proud of him and hope to get him back for next season.''

Ferguson had his best season ever last year in Denver's run to the AFC championship game. He recorded 61 tackles, 18 assistes and five interceptions and one forced fumble. The safety didn't immediately return a phone call to The Associated Press, and his agent, John Reale, declined to discuss his client's injury or playing status.

Ferguson has started all 10 games this season and has 36 tackles and one interception.

''It hurts because he's a really great guy,'' defensive coordinator Larry Coyer said. ''He brought toughness and character to the team.''

Second-year backup Curome Cox will likely start in Ferguson's absence. The Broncos are already down a defensive back after safety Sam Brandon tore up his right knee Nov. 5 at Pittsburgh.

Comment

Ouch, that's gonna hurt...
                          sigpic

Comment

Gah, who do we have left? Courome Cox? Hamza Abdulla?

Comment

Now I guess Shan will Let Brandon start.. Let's see what he can do for us the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by bfan45
                                Now I guess Shan will Let Brandon start.. Let's see what he can do for us the rest of the season.
                                Brandon is out for the season as well. He got hurt against Pitt.

Comment

Working...
                                X