Ferguson out for season (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
    Brandon is out for the season as well. He got hurt against Pitt.
    I didn't relize he got hurt.. now who do we have left?. :brick:

Comment

yep, brandon and ferguson both gone for the year. could we get bvp to come back and play safety for us? anyone else on the squad besides lynch, cox and abdullah play safety?

Comment

Originally posted by bfan45
        Now I guess Shan will Let Brandon start.. Let's see what he can do for us the rest of the season.

Brandon tore his ACL against pitt two week ago. this sucks, our D is going to hurt a bit from those losses. hopefully thier backups can step in and step up.

Dennis Smith/ my all-time favorite Denver Bronco.

props to Snk16 for the sig!

Comment

I say we resign TYLER EVERETT. He is a free agent right now.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by champ24girl
            yep, brandon and ferguson both gone for the year. could we get bvp to come back and play safety for us? anyone else on the squad besides lynch, cox and abdullah play safety?
            well Brandon Marshall played safety @ UCF. Gotta keep your best 11 players on the field, right?
            11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

Comment

With Lynch being 1 more year older, and Brandon missing games every year due to being banged up, Safety is jumping up to the top of the priority list for Denver in the draft behind pass rush.

This season is turning more into a developmental season, with more questions than answers at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan187
                well Brandon Marshall played safety @ UCF. Gotta keep your best 11 players on the field, right?

Not a chance in he!!.

Comment

you and I both know that it would never happen anyway.
                  11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

Comment

Tyler Everett. I say he gives us our best chance right now.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hoiberg
                      Sad to see someone go down to any sort of injury. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Seems very fortunate that it was the only knee injury of the game, right Mr. Nalen?!? Did "Plummer's Crack" forget they need to go to San Diego in just 3 weeks? If the vaunted Bronc-ho offense could only muster 6 2nd half pts (3 coming after a long KO return), what will they do when Castillo and Merriman are back for the next one. Speaking of those two, the Chargers don't need any help ruining their knees, they're doing fine with their Bill Romanowski supplements...allegedly.

Does Rod Smith have a knee injury or is he just ineffective this season? I heard Eddie McCaffrey is looking for a shuffleboard partner at the retirement home.

To Scotto: Doesn't everyone seem slow when Tomlinson bounces it outside?

get the hell out of here you bum-- take this junk to the smack forum, it's neither needed nor appreciated in a thread about an injured player! do your gloating about the win in the proper forum. . . .
                      Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan

i'd say that's the most likely scenario-- we obviously liked his raw physical skills, and he is at least familiar with our scheme from being here in training camp. . . . since ferguson was the strong safety, i'm curious whether curome cox or hamza abdullah will replace him-- cox is more experienced and probably better in coverage, while abdullah is bigger and more of an in-the-box type of safety. . . as they have different skill-sets, it's possible that abdullah may play in the base package with cox taking over in nickel and dime packages. . .

as our safeties are somewhat interchangeable, lynch could also slide over to strong safety (which is his natural position anyways) and we could insert cox as the FS-- he may be a bit of a liability in run support though. . . one thing's for sure, this is something else we didn't need-- the D is gettin' hella banged up right now. . . at least our depth is somewhat better than it's been in previous years, but of course there's still likely to be a drop-off when starters are out, just in terms of chemistry and familiarity if nothing else. . . well, we'll get to see soon enough. . . . too bad for nick, he's an unheralded guy who's played hard for us. . . .
                        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

That blows!!!!

Hopefully his recovery goes well....

This solidifies the fact that safety needs to be a top 3 priority in the upcoming draft!!!!

I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

That's really terrible! I hope that Nick has a speedy recovery.

Originally posted by Dream
                            Ferguson is an average starting safety.
                            From what I've seen, he's actually very solid in run and passing coverage when he isn't playing injured, so I'll have to disagree. Plus, we not only lose his abilities on the field, but we lose his leadership and toughness too. :nono:
                            Last edited by BroncoTouchdown; 11-21-2006, 02:27 PM.
                            Me, my friend, and Rod Smith
                            Myspace? Who uses that? Now happily accepting friend requests.

Thanks, tnedator!
                            We'll miss you more than you could ever know, Darrent and Damien. We already do. R.I.P., D-Will and Damien Nash. :'(

Comment

Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
                              He's not a free agent, although he is on the Bears practice squad which of course means he is still open for signing.
                              "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoiberg
                                Sad to see someone go down to any sort of injury. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Seems very fortunate that it was the only knee injury of the game, right Mr. Nalen?!? Did "Plummer's Crack" forget they need to go to San Diego in just 3 weeks? If the vaunted Bronc-ho offense could only muster 6 2nd half pts (3 coming after a long KO return), what will they do when Castillo and Merriman are back for the next one. Speaking of those two, the Chargers don't need any help ruining their knees, they're doing fine with their Bill Romanowski supplements...allegedly.

Does Rod Smith have a knee injury or is he just ineffective this season? I heard Eddie McCaffrey is looking for a shuffleboard partner at the retirement home.

To Scotto: Doesn't everyone seem slow when Tomlinson bounces it outside?
                                Ever heard of the Smack forum? Take this dribble over there. Leave it to Chargers fans to act as if a win over the Broncos is equal to winning the Super Bowl. Pretty pathetic.
                                Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Working...
                                X