When it comes to QB support...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it comes to QB support...

we have the worst fans in the league, bar none!!! I visit other forums and I must say, most support their starting QB and Coach, thru times of struggle. This is where I must remind you guys we are 7-3!!!!

Shanny needs to explain NOTHING!! He's one of the best ever!

Floyd Little has some merit with his league non-support of Denver players. Read CBS boards or ESPN boards, full of Bronco haters. Always looking for the next Elway to be the savior. One of the ONLY supporters has been Phil Simms, didn't he distroy us in a Super Bowl???

After Plummer gets his walking papers, and Cutler becomes a good?? player, who then will everyone pick on? Seems people are not happy unless they have someone to HATE.. Griese ring a bell??

A TRUE fan has FAITH in their Coach. Just brutal honesty!!! Support not hate.

My .02... I know I'm going to get a ton of grief, seems par for the crowd around here...
    Last edited by cspeier; 11-21-2006, 02:02 PM.

I support your opinion. I support our team no matter what.

11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

Comment

Originally posted by cspeier
      we have the worst fans in the league, par none!!! I visit other forums and I must say, most support their starting QB and Coach, thru times of struggle. This is where I must remind you guys we are 7-3!!!!

Floyd Little has some merit with his league non-support of Denver players. Read CBS boards or ESPN boards, full of Bronco haters. Always looking for the next Elway to be the savior. One of the ONLY supporters has been Phil Simms, didn't he distroy us in a Super Bowl???

After Plummer gets his walking papers, and Cutler becomes a good?? player, who then will everyone pick on? Seems people are not happy unless they have someone to HATE.. Griese ring a bell??

My .02... I know I'm going to get a ton of grief, seems par for the crowd around here...

IMHO great post...
      i agree..

while I think Jake could be done if we lose this game or he performs poorly I do support him. I for one would much prefer him to be performin greatly any day of the week
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Most have a starting qb thats not almost guarenteed an interception if over 20-25 passes are thrown. Seems like every time i look online, plummer is a strong 2 of 7 or so.
        "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

"Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

"I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

"I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe

Comment

we have the worst fans in the league, par none!!! I visit other forums and I must say, most support their starting QB and Coach, thru times of struggle. This is where I must remind you guys we are 7-3!!!!

I support the team, but Jake Plummer SUCKS, Griese sucked, Frerotte sucked, Ill stop *****ing once we get a decent QB (like most other teams). BTW isnt it bar none?

Comment

we have the worst fans in the league, bar none!!! I visit other forums and I must say, most support their starting QB and Coach, thru times of struggle. This is where I must remind you guys we are 7-3!!!!

When it comes to support from our QB, we get none. All we ask is that he manage the game, not turn the ball over as much, and convert a couple of third down passes every now and then. He can't get it done so SCREW HIM! Put in the Rookie, I'm willing to bet our season that he is an improvement.

Comment

What I think a lot of people need to remember is that the fans here on this board do not speak for all Broncos' fans, nor are we an accurate representation of the Broncos' fan base.

With that said, I think there are always very high expectations for the Broncos year in and year out, and I think that starts with the organization itself and trickles down to the fans. Mike Shanahan's goal every year is to win the Super Bowl. That's a nice goal, but very unrealistic. But because it's Mike Shanahan, fans feel like we have a chance every year to win the Super Bowl, and whereas that's mostly true because he puts out a good team year in and year out, it sets us up for a huge disappointment when we don't win it, and then we want to blame somebody for it. For two years it was Brian Griese. Then we wanted Shanahan fired. Now it's back to the quarterback in Jake Plummer. It's hard to have a competitive football team year in and year out and no Super Bowl to show for it. When Dan Reeves was here when I was growing up watching the Broncos, there were so many ups and downs that you appreciated the good times so much because you realized that something bad was looming right around the corner. Mike Shanahan's teams have been like a steady heartbeat since winning back to back championships - nothing to get worked up over, but good enough to keep you going every year. That's not a knock on our team or our coach. I'm very happy and feel fortunate that we've been consistently good. However, it'd be hard to state factually that we've been dominant in any of the years since Elway retired.

And now, going back to Plummer...

I was on the fence about bringing Plummer here in the first place. After supporting Brian Griese for four seasons, I thought it was foolish on Mike Shanahan's part to pay a quarterback so much money when he had both a losing record in Arizona and a terrible touchdown-to-interception ratio. For three seasons, he exceeded my expectations by far that I had of him, and I actually had a change of heart about bringing him to Denver after all. Even in his 20 interception season and my rooting against him in breaking some of John Elway's records (sorry - I regard Elway as the greatest quarterback of all time), I thought he was throwing the ball well and generating some big plays in the passing game. About 5 or 6 of those interceptiosn I attribute to a bad three game stetch he had, but otherwise he played fairly well that season, and was as perfect as you could expect him to be last season.

However, this season he has put the team in a very bad position with his mistakes. If it weren't for the defense bailing us out and for Javon Walker's fly-paper grasp and moves, this team would be sitting at 3-7 right now or worse. I think the pressure of Cutler, the fans, and the media are cracking him, and you can't have someone playing quarterback on a Super Bowl team that cracks and plays poorly under pressure. All Jake has to do to silence his critics is play well and do it consistently. We're not looking for miracles, we just want him to make better decisions and hit the open receivers instead of trying to throw it to Javon every play even when he's double-teamed. And until Jake starts doing that, the criticism will keep coming.

I support my Broncos just fine. I love them! I was devastated after Sunday's loss, but I'll be there watching again on Thursday. But I'm not going to make excuses for poor play or support a player who I feel is hurting the team. I'll support the decision to stay with Jake because I trust Mike Shanahan. But you're not about to make me feel like there's something wrong with me or the other fans here simply because we're calling it like we (along with numerous other football experts and analysts) see it.
              sigpic

Comment

are you saying that those of us who think jay should start are not true fans?
                Last edited by BaileyTheBest; 11-21-2006, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Oh goody...

Another newbie telling others how to be a fan.

sigpic

Comment

There is a whole hell of a lot of negativity on this board - however - that kind of goes hand in hand with being a sports fan....

You will always have:

Haters

Homers

And those that are a nicely balanced mix (I consider myself this breed )
                    I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

A TRUE fan has faith. Faith in the system..

Great post mojo, well thought out.

I guess everyone who is calling for Cutler, all the fans who demand more, all the people who know football, are smarter than the Coach. THAT'S MY POINT!! You think Shanny would support someone who he feels doesn't give us the best chance to win, NOW! Not next year, BUT NOW!

You say Jake hurts the team, I say other teams figured out how to stop him. Teams have adjusted, Jake has not. Coaching, maybe...

PRIME EXAMPLE, broncos_mtnman, If you can get that out of my post, you need a crystal ball!! I'm NOT a newbie, and I'm NOT telling you how to act! To have any credit on this board you need 8000 posts?? This is AMERICA brother, people died so I can have an opinion. Never forget it!
                      Last edited by cspeier; 11-21-2006, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Great post mojo, well thought out.

I guess everyone who is calling for Cutler, all the fans who demand more, all the people who know football, are smarter than the Coach. THAT'S MY POINT!! You think Shanny would support someone who he feels doesn't give us the best chance to win, NOW! Not next year, BUT NOW!

You say Jake hurts the team, I say other teams figured out how to stop him. Teams have adjusted, Jake has not. Coaching, maybe...

It's kind of funny that you say that, but the fans, analysts, and so called "experts" were calling for Tony Romo for weeks before Parcells finally OPENED HIS EYES and realized Romo gave them a better shot to win.

Shanny is a BRILLIANT Coach, but he's also an arrogant know-it-all who will wait until the last possible second on Plummer. He would never let it seem like the fans or the media dictated the switch to Cutler.

Right now, Shanny is performing a balancing act between wins and QB play. No matter how craptastic Plummer plays, he will continue to start if we keep winning because Shanny is trying to "sell" Plummer as a winner so we can get more in trade for him in the offseason. It's business sense, nothing else.

Plummer is digging himself a hole right now as to his market value. NOBODY is going to want this loser for anything more than a backup next year because he is proving right now that even with an offensive line, two probowl WRs, a solid running game, and a pretty good defense to cover him HE STILL CAN'T GET IT DONE!!!

We need to get his bum out from under center before our season really goes in the tank. It's make or break time and we started the home stretch to the playoffs on Sunday night with a poor showing...DOES ANYONE ON THIS BOARD STILL BELIEVE PLUMMER WILL IMPROVE??? Is he going to "magically snap out of it"?

This isn't a "slump" that he's in, this is his normal craptastic performance with 2 good games thrown in (just enough to keep him from getting the hook earlier). Defend him if you want, I prefer not to reward poor performance! :brick:

Comment

To me, that's a sign of a good coach. NEVER let them know your worried! Call it ego? Call it arrogant? I call it necessary. Necessary because if the Coach has lost confidence, how will your team act? Oh, like the Oakland Raiders maybe?

I agree it's a business..

Now starting for either the Raiders or Eagles, Jake Plummer.

You guys are correct, kick him to the curb. Let's see what this boys got? If he doesn't have it, let's go find it again, and again....

Doesn't Elway have a son who can complete 55% and throw a INT every 50 passes?? Sign him!!

Comment

And your credentials are?

So are you saying that Shanahan is the greatest and smartest coach ever...lol. That was Lombardi, hence the regal warranted trophy...that you believe a foul mouth, anger issued, ungrateful quarterback deserves? Shanahan is not God, he is not the Greatest Coach alive, we all know it, he is a damn good coach...but so is Art Shell, I respect them both. But Shanahan is stubborn and is not a valid voice in talent, that is why Ol' Humdinger was a big advocate for Cutler, he knows great quarterbacks as well. We have had almost as many busts from the NFL Draft then any NFL team, he knows how to scheme and send in plays...but on a talent level, he is sub-par, I am sure many out there are smarter then even Shanahan!

Classic Plummer excuses...lmao! First Shanahan is brilliant and then he sucks...make up your freaking mind, your not presenting yourself well in bouncing around blame like a certain presidential figure!

PRIME EXAMPLE, broncos_mtnman, If you can get that out of my post, you need a crystal ball!! I'm NOT a newbie, and I'm NOT telling you how to act! To have any credit on this board you need 8000 posts?? This is AMERICA brother, people died so I can have an opinion. Never forget it!
                            Now you think your more American, or that because American Soldiers fought for us all, that your not a noob? Your post count says otherwise, yes you have the right to post your opinion, but do not get cheesy...they fought for us all, they fought so I can knock someone's teeth down there throat if I feel like, that is not a very good excuse for being an antagonist!

Comment

Hey lancane, talk about an ego?? Talk about arrogant... It must be sad to be stuck in a world that you feel your so perfect. I've known guys like you my entire life, always searching.. searching for that place in time they can flex their muscle to make a person feel less than. Thanks for the effort, trust me your a nobody... seems you just can't accept it.

For future reference, leave your ego at the door. Your approach proves my point.

Art Shell.. I smell a Raider lover. Is it time to come out of the closet???
                              It is what it is.. Keep crying...

Comment

Working...
                              X