Plummer better get going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dream
    Denver's pass protection along with Indianapolis over the past few years when they have allowed less than (on average) 20 sacks a year or so is ELITE. 4.4% of all passes/plays have resulted in sacks. It's one of the best ratio's in the NFL. Which is actually better than last year; 2004 was our best year when we allowed only 17 sacks. 2003, was a little worse than it is now, but still very good by league's standards.

So since 2003, this is our "second" best year in pass protection according to the DVOA. Our record setting year in 2004; was our best.

Passing protection has broken down at times, but it's not nearly as bad as you say it is and it's not reason enough to even try and excuse Jake's poor play with. If we're doing so bad right now, every other team in the league is doing TERRIBLE as well; which just isn't true.

And coincidentally, people who love Plummer brought up his DVOA, etc. to show how kickass he was last year; but that's all right? I don't get it.

OK so this stat is for qb sacks, how many times has Jake had to scramble, throw the ball away, or hurried into an INT, or fumble?
    DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
      Really?

Jake is getting sacked, on average, 1.5X a game....which means 24 for the season. That's the same as last year...but most of them came late in the year, when the small Oline starts getting beat down. Plus, with the early bye week this year, it's even MORE likely to increase...not to mention the injuries already mounting.

I'm not the only person to see it....and since when did the DVOA become the system of all systems?

Sometimes, it's better to know what info to take in, and what to separate out....such as info from supposed analysts. It doesn't take million dollar equipment to see what's evolving in front of our very eyes.

We can always disagree.....just doesn't make either one of us right. :nono:

Signed, "people"
      I'm pretty sure that if the DVOA gave support to Plummer being one of the best quarterbacks in League it would brought up by those who are over zealous in their support of Jake.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Benj
        OK so this stat is for qb sacks, how many times has Jake had to scramble, throw the ball away, or hurried into an INT, or fumble?
        So are saying that every turnover that Jake is a part of is offensive line's fault?
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
          So are saying that every turnover that Jake is a part of is offensive line's fault?
          he said "how many times?".....he did NOT say "everytime".....

you went to extremes just like my wife would.....
          "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
          -The best in the business-

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
            Did I say that? Well if your sacked and fumble the ball, yes, an offensive lineman is not doing his job! Jake has made plenty of mistakes that were just his fault, what qb dosent?

My point is that there is an offensive problem right now, other teams are figuring out our scheme. Each week, Shanny trys something new, it works great for a while, then teams are all over us. SD for example. Wade Phillips is the defensive corridnator for the love of pete!

Defensively also, no pressure by our front 4. Injuries are mounting up, offense's are figuring out how to move the ball on us.

Think its more than just a qb problem, dont u?
            DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME!!

Comment

Working...
            X