Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jake's Mechanics have fallen since last year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake's Mechanics have fallen since last year.

I was watching the SD game again and I happened to notice that Jake was just not doing well with his footwork or throwing motion. I compared his play to last year and it just seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.

I would post videos on Youtube, but seeing as my account has been banned for having a 10 second clip on it, I can not.
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
    I was watching the SD game again and I happened to notice that Jake was just not doing well with his footwork or throwing motion. I compared his play to last year and it just seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.

I would post videos on Youtube, but seeing as my account has been banned for having a 10 second clip on it, I can not.
    He has always had bad mechanics. His shoulder always opens up and he always throws off of his back foot. Nothing new. He can roll out good and throw which doesn't take proper mechanics, but teams are taking that away. Thus, that is why he looks terrible.
    The three Keys to football
    1. Turnovers
    2. Field Position
    3. Red Zone Play

Comment

I've actually noticed all season that Jake's throws have the tendency to wobble quite a bit. That usually is a sign of poor mechanics. But since I've been focusing a lot on Jake this season as opposed to previous seasons (in trying to deduce what is going wrong with the passing game), it's possible that his throws were always wobbley.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRT
        He has always had bad mechanics. His shoulder always opens up and he always throws off of his back foot. Nothing new. He can roll out good and throw which doesn't take proper mechanics, but teams are taking that away. Thus, that is why he looks terrible.
        Not exactly. Last season he wasn't doing all that bad, but this season it has really gone down
        "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Not exactly. Last season he wasn't doing all that bad, but this season it has really gone down
          Well in Jake's defense, Brett Favre has terrible mechanics, as well, and I regard him as my second favorite quarterback of all time, right behind...well, do I need to say it? And Brett's a sure-fire Hall-of-Famer.

Mechanics aren't everything.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730
            Well in Jake's defense, Brett Favre has terrible mechanics, as well, and I regard him as my second favorite quarterback of all time, right behind...well, do I need to say it? And Brett's a sure-fire Hall-of-Famer.

Mechanics aren't everything.

way to make excuses.....

jake ain't no hall of famer

Comment

I've noticed that his footwork in the pocket seems alot worse. He never really gets set, and ends up throwing off his back foot alot.

He is also very uncomfortable in the pocket (not a good thing for a QB) as is evidenced by his "happy feet" while looking for a receiver.

He is also beginning to stare down his intended receiver.

When you add all these things together, it's easy to see why his passes are off-target and his production is down.

Good observation :thumb:
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84
                way to make excuses.....

jake ain't no hall of famer
                No he does have a valid point. Now the thing you might say is that Farve had a cannon of an arm so it made up for other short commings.

Farve's mechanics did get better later in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                  What I'm having trouble understanding is, why? I don't dispute anything you've said -- it's all clearly in evidence -- but why would Plummer regress in an area in which quarterbacks almost always improve with experience, and an area in which he had previously shown a trend of improvement?
                  I think Jake has taken the Cutler pick a lot harder than people realize or even Jake himself realizes. One minute you're hangin out in the offseason waiting to hear about the 1st round RB or DE that Denver has picked only to get the news that there's a new gun in town. That's a tough thing to forget.

Comment

Working...
                  X