No announcement yet.

Worst Bronco Draft Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck watching Deltha here in Cincinnati it confirms my "why on earth did we get rid of him"....he still is playing awesome football here. But Tommy Maddox was the worst pick for us.
    Helping rock the Stadium on game day!!!

Comment

Mike Croel!!!!

Absolute worst pick in Bronco history! Nothing else even comes close.

Tommy Maddox was a wasted draft choice, but Croel was taken with the #4 pick of the 1st round!

That was the highest pick the team has had since 1980 and it was a total waste!

"Least instinctive player I ever coached" said his LB coach.

Second worst might be Ted Gregory, who didn't even make the team and was traded before the end of training camp for a 3rd rounder.

Then there's Marcus Nash of course. But he was a late 1st round pick, not a top 10 pick.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel

Tommy Maddox was a wasted draft choice, but Croel was taken with the #4 pick of the 1st round!

Second worst might be Ted Gregory, who didn't even make the team and was traded before the end of training camp for a 3rd rounder.

Then there's Marcus Nash of course. But he was a late 1st round pick, not a top 10 pick.
        I don't know, Cugel. At least we got some production out of Croel... although mostly his rookie year. I definitely agree that he didn't come close to his draft status but he did play a few years and had a nice 10 sacks his rookie year... too bad he nosedived from there.

Nash and Gregory never produced at all.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by cspeier
          I second Marcus Nash. Wasn't he playing in the Arena League? Is he still??
          Yeah, I think he's playing for the Las Vegas AFL team...
          sigpic

Comment

I definatly should have had Gregory and Nash involved in the Poll they seem like the concensous
            sigpichttp://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...psd7355151.png

Comment

Originally posted by Champs Chumps
              What about Chris Hinton?

We draft him... then trade him right away.
              Sure he was a 7-time pro-bowler but none of those were for the Broncos... what a wasted pick.

Seriosly, out of the choices given... Maddux was the worst.
              I have to go with Marcus Nash. Absolutely.

EDIT: I gave you a CP because of my previous dumb answer to you.

-----
              Last edited by topscribe; 11-22-2006, 04:09 PM. Reason: Did not read his post properly and did not detect the sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel

Wow, I forgot about Croel. You're right . . . Nash comes in second here.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by Champs Chumps
                  What about Chris Hinton?

We draft him... then trade him right away.
                  Sure he was a 7-time pro-bowler but none of those were for the Broncos... what a wasted pick.

Seriosly, out of the choices given... Maddux was the worst.

Sarcasm duly noted.

Funny stuff man.

FYI: Chris Hinton might be the only man traded for a #1 overall pick TWICE.

He was traded by Indy (along with Andre Rison), to Atlanta so that Indy could draft Jeff George.

Who ended up in Atlanta anyway!

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                  You should check these guys out

Comment

Nash the other lousy WR. From your poll ashley and foster could be a close second

Comment

Maurice Clarett is up there.
                      sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                      Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Working...
                      X