Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish Jake would audible

This would do so many things....

1. Make or brake him as a leader on the field.

2. Open or shut the mouths of those who are claiming he can't and the playbook has to be dumbed down for him.

3. Remove some of the stupid plays that were doomed from the snap.

4. Develop his chemistry with HIS team.

5. MAKE EVERYONE SHUT UP!!!!!!!!

The offense doesn't seem to play like they believe. So many things are potential until belief takes place. Running backs turn it up, receivers work harder on routes (as someone mentioned them quitting on routes) linemen need to believe the most.
    This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Jake could audible every play like manning.....

throw 4 touchdowns in a game.....no picks.....

and people here would still be calling for cutler saying he would have thrown 5.....

Plummer's time is done here in denver.....face it....there will be no shutting up as long as cutler is on that sideline and plummer is the starting qb....
    "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
    -The best in the business-

Comment

Originally posted by TheMastermind

and people here would still be calling for cutler saying he would have thrown 5.....

Plummer's time is done here in denver.....face it....there will be no shutting up as long as cutler is on that sideline and plummer is the starting qb....
      Come on mastermind, if Plummer would play as consistent (or close to it) as he did last year, most of us that have been ridiculing him would be happy and not be calling for Cutler. The sad fact is Plummer is a shadow of what he was last year, and as a 10 year vet, that should not be the case.
      Last edited by PurdueBronc; 11-23-2006, 09:11 PM.

Comment

i have always thought that,when he sees something in the D,CHANGE IT UP DANGIT,JUST LIKE MADDEN

sigpic

Comment

He might be done..

but are you agreeing or disagreeing?

There is enough Jake is done threads.

How about audiblizing?
          Last edited by JED Bronco; 11-23-2006, 11:23 PM. Reason: grammer (sp)
          This is the NFL!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

I disagree with that. Fans do not call for a player to be replaced if he's performing on the field like he's paid to do. The fans in this town demand excellence, like it or not. Why? Because we've tasted it and it was pretty amazing stuff. As harsh as that seems, I'd rather play for a team who's fans want to dominate than a team who's fans are content with mediocrity.

As far as audibling goes, I have a hard time thinking Shanahan trusts Jake enough to make those kind of moves.
            Last edited by ChampWJ; 11-24-2006, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Another hijacked thread

Originally posted by ChampWJ
              I disagree with that. Fans do not call for a player to be replaced if he's performing on the field like he's paid to do. The fans in this town demand excellence, like it or not. Why? Because we've tasted it and it was pretty amazing stuff. As harsh as that seems, I'd rather play for a team who's fans want to dominate than a team who's fans are content with mediocrity.
              Still no answer about audiblizing?

I had hoped posters would stop high jacking threads to the same OLD stuff.
              This is the NFL!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry JED, I fixed my above post for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JED Bronco
                  but are you agreeing or disagreeing?

There is enough Jake is done threads.

How about audiblizing?

Shanahan doesn't let the OC call plays! He sure isn't going to let his QB change em!

Comment

Audible is fine when used sometimes but i can't stand watching the Colts because of that, Manning just shouting at everyplay, changing formations however effective this is not pleasant to watch in my opinion

Comment

Why study film then?

Manning studies film and is challenged to another level. What challenge has Jake or any other QB who lives under Shannys shadow. The audible is now key to beating Defenses, if the QB has a mind to study. If Jay is allowed and as smart as I think he is, then Shanny should move into the next century and ride him like Dungy rides Manning.

A QB who is allowed to lead will make or break himself. Just my two cents.

Appreciate all the posts!
                      This is the NFL!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

thats a bit overboard.....if jake was playing well...if our offense had'nt been in a steady decline since jake took over...if jake wasnt so inconsistant...there would be no call for cutler

if jake was playing well ...im sure every one would be content to let cutler sit and learn

but he isnt , and hasnt....you can look at last year also ..sure he had his beat year in ints a good qb rateing...but there were still many times last season the offense struggled because jake was inconsistant....by chance his best year here (passsingyards) was when he threw the most picks.........so the coaches know we throw alot at jake , open er up ...we get the ints...and yes it is a fact that our production in yards and points per game have decreased each year plummer took the snaps...to the point of this year when we are totaly inept

so no if jake stepped it up....remember each year it was the same thing...in his 2nd year jake will be great....nope...in his third year ...nope in his forth year....nope

jake has had every oppertunity to succeed...and sadly hasnt.......that is why there is a cry for cutler
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I've been told by a reliable source that Jake isn't allowed to audible at the line. He can change the direction of a run (right analog stick...heh) or make minor, minor adjustments...but nothing like Brady or Manning do.

Comment

Who in their right minds would let Plummer audible?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                              I've been told by a reliable source that Jake isn't allowed to audible at the line. He can change the direction of a run (right analog stick...heh) or make minor, minor adjustments...but nothing like Brady or Manning do.

acccually the last audible i remember plummer makeing was against the bolts in 04 when we lost ...i recall we were pounding the ball right down the field for the go ahead score to the three yard line...first down...and plummer audibled out of a called drougns run into a fade to smith who was double covered and the ball was intercepted

i remember shanny chewing jakes ass on the side line big time
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                              X