No announcement yet.

I feel bad for Champ Baily!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defensive players need to stop arm tackling, go for the legs for craps sake.

Comment

You can't blame the D if the D coordinator isn't calling the right plays. Seems like we go to Zone coverage too much, which makes it easy to counter. Ian Gold hasn't been the same since his injury. Our Orginal Starting Safteys are all out for the season besides Lynch. Can't really blame the D if the D coach doesn't step up his game also. It seems like we rely on Bailey too much. We need to disguise our D more. I'm tired of seeing our D get burned even though we two great corners. Our D line can't get pressure nor tackle(goes for the whole D, except champ). We look like the Chief's D, a lot of missed tackles. Obivously, we need to tackle better.

Comment

Maybe I'm blind, but I saw many missed tackles and guys just trying to arm tackle the ball, not take the player down.

Comment

I feel sorry for Champ for having to clean everyone else's missed tackles up. How many times against KC was Champ making a sure handed tackle after LJ beat a guy in the backfield. He's hands down the best tackling/covering/catching corner I've ever watched. I just wish you guys could all see him play receiver the way he used to for my Georgia Dawgs.

Champ Bailey is THE best defensive player in the NFL right now.

Comment

The secondary will continue to suck ASs until we get a pass rush.

Comment

Our zone coverage seems a lot worse than our man-to-man (no stats to back this up, only a gut feeling). The teams we have played recently have had no problems finding the soft spots in our zones and exploiting them. The true one-on-one man coverage breakdowns have been much less common. Of course it makes no sense to ditch zone coverage entirely, but it is clear that our safeties are no good in zone coverage and it seems to be the weakest part of Williams game too. In addition, zone means that Champ is only taking away one zone instead of an entire receiver. maybe fewer zone calls is part of the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Conde
                Yeah, I feel bad for Champion as well. He's clearly been the MVP for us this year. Too bad we have an idot at QB in number 16 who can't give Champion and the D some rest.
                I'm with you! Straight to hell with all the idots! Go #24 Champion Bailey!!

Don't call my team's QB an idiot, please, that's rude!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ
                  I feel sorry for Champ for having to clean everyone else's missed tackles up. How many times against KC was Champ making a sure handed tackle after LJ beat a guy in the backfield. He's hands down the best tackling/covering/catching corner I've ever watched. I just wish you guys could all see him play receiver the way he used to for my Georgia Dawgs.

Champ Bailey is THE best defensive player in the NFL right now.
                  I haven't watched all of the other defensive players, but he's got my vote:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=77152

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco in UT
                    Screw all this talk about people feeling bad for Jake, oh poor Jake. Hell I feel bad for Champ Baily. This dude must feel like he is playing along side some second rate defense at times during these games. This guy just performs day in and out and at times our defense has some SERIOUS lags in production. It must be frustrating at times for him to play at his level and watch people get worked on his same team. I know I'm just venting but man, we need to step up man!!

I ask the same question last night. This guy must feel he is fighting a battle all alone. You could see the frustration on his face. I wish the defense would play to his intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Conde
                      Yeah, I feel bad for Champion as well. He's clearly been the MVP for us this year. Too bad we have an idot at QB in number 16 who can't give Champion and the D some rest.

now that is not a good assesment. Our QB in not alone out there, there are about 10 players that are at fault here, a lot of them in the secondary and lines.

lets also not forget, that we lost two safeties already this year as well.
                      :nono: :devil:

Comment

Working...
                      X