Why Are You Guys Bagging The Defense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Are You Guys Bagging The Defense?

How many times has the defense saved our asses? When an offense consistently goes three and out, special teams gives us poor field position and when we turn the ball over can wear a defense out.

I'm hoping a change with the QB gives our offense some life. Jake hasn't proven crap this year and its time for him to go. I feel bad for him wait he makes how many million? I feel bad for myself!

I'll stop bagging on the D, when our d-line isn't full of Browns players and actually has a decent pass rush.

Comment

Dude we will stop baggin on the D when they step up and stop someone when it matters, damn how do you not see that
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SPLITTINGBUNS
        How many times has the defense saved our asses? When an offense consistently goes three and out, special teams gives us poor field position and when we turn the ball over can wear a defense out.

I'm hoping a change with the QB gives our offense some life. Jake hasn't proven crap this year and its time for him to go. I feel bad for him wait he makes how many million? I feel bad for myself!
        great post, looking back to earlier in the season, if it wasn't for this defense we could likely be 2-9 or 3-8. Maybe if Jake could convert 3rd downs and keep them off the field more, they wouldn't be so damn tired of winning us every game this year.

Comment

Dude. The defense has played like crap against ALL the good teams. The last time I checked the likes of the Raiders, Browns, Rams are not the teams we may be facing in the playoffs.

Teams like the Colts, Bolts, Chiefs are the teams we will be playing.

230 yards rushing to KC
          400+ yards and 34 points(28 in the 2nd half) to the Colts
          Almost 400 yards and 35 points(28 in the last 20 minutes) at home against SD
          Not to mention almost 500 yards against Pitt. 6 turnovers saved us from getting smoked by them.

I hate to see what Cincy is going to do against us.

The defense has done it with "smoke and mirrors" this season. Just as they have done in seasons past.

Comment

Originally posted by seanlust
            Dude. The defense has played like crap against ALL the good teams. The last time I checked the likes of the Raiders, Browns, Rams are not the teams we may be facing in the playoffs.

230 yards rushing to KC
            Not to mention almost 500 yards against Pitt. 6 turnovers saved us from getting smoked by them.

The defense has done it with "smoke and mirrors" this season. Just as they have done in seasons past.
            So true.

Our defense is absolute CRAP against good offenses.

Comment

230 yards rushing to KC

you forgot to add the whole 7 points the Patriots scored against us....in New England. Funny though...our offense has struggled against EVERY team, no matter what our opponents record is. I give this defense a hell of a lot more credit for our 7-4 record than I do our offense.

Comment

The defense is the only thing that kept Denver competitive this game. Going into this game KC had the #2 redzone offense in the league, and the Broncos almost shut them down once they got into the redzone.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
                  you forgot to add the whole 7 points the Patriots scored against us....in New England. Funny though...our offense has struggled against EVERY team, no matter what our opponents record is. I give this defense a hell of a lot more credit for our 7-4 record than I do our offense.

I'll give you the Pats game. But do you honestly think our defense would hold up against them at this point?

Brady and the Pats are running on all cylinders now.

Comment

I think the Defense played well enough for us to win today. But what do you want them to do when they can't even get rest on the sideline because Jake is giving KC back the balls after three O plays.
                    sigpic
                    In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

Comment

Because when aspects of the team underachieve, they deserve blame, despite what they did in the past.

Jake had a pro-bowl alternate year there, and yet, nobody says: "Look how many times Jake took over the game last year." (Eagles, Pats, KC Home game)

Rarely, if ever.

Who cares if they saved our asses in the past? That's the past and it doesn't really matter.

How many times have we stopped LT in the past? Did it matter more recently?

Stop looking in the past, because it doesn't help the present or the future. Past play should not exempt them or give them a "get out of blame" free card for lackluster performance.
                      sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                      Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

230 yards rushing to KC

GREAT POST CP to you

It is bend but don't break, against ok teams,

but is bend over against good offenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Conde
                          I think the Defense played well enough for us to win today. But what do you want them to do when they can't even get rest on the sideline because Jake is giving KC back the balls after three O plays.

It's also very hard to get rest when the opposing team runs up and down the field for 230 yards.

Comment

At the end of the game though how many points did KC have?

19!!!!!!!!

I remember the time when there was NO WAY 19 points scored against us would result in a W for the opposing team.

Our D could hold the opposition to 3, or even 7, but if WE don't score it is still a LOSS.

Comment

In the big games the D hasn't quite gotten it done. Not sure that I'm bagging them at this point but they aren't shutting down the big offenses like I would like to see. Its rare to see Defensive units win championships like they did in the old days but when we've gone up against top O's this year they haven't gotten the job done.

Its a question of whether or not your D can show up in the big games and so far this year they haven't. Its in part the defenseive rule changes the league put in place but its also the fact that they aren't showing up for the big games. With the way our O has been playing our D needs to show up in a big way and they haven't been in the big games IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X