Why Are You Guys Bagging The Defense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conde
    We didn't have a Running Game because KC put up 8-9 Men fronts and wanted Jake to beat them which we all know he couldn't. And of course are Run game isn't goint to be productive when you see fronts like that and and you have RB's who has hardly played in the NFL.

Think about that and get back at me with a better excuse. Jake is why we lost today not idiot Larry Coyer and our Defense.
    This guy was watching the game too I am glad you observed the same thing I did

Comment

lorcust i hear ya-- i guess it's just tough for me to blame the D when they've been by FAR AND AWAY the most consistent of our 3 units this year. . . yes, they've had several bad games recently, there's no denying that-- but the offense has only had two good games ALL YEAR, and quite frankly they got a lot of help putting up points against pitt from, yes, the defense that forced all those turnovers. . . basically the offense played well against indy's sorry-ass D, and that's about it-- one more good game than friggin' special teams has had, though. . . .

we got run all over tonight, it's true, but where was our running game to counter theirs? MIA. . . . the whole concept of team dictates that when one unit has a bad game, the other should be there to pick them up. . . the D has bailed the rest of the team out plenty this year, how many times has the offense done that? how many times has the offense merely added to the pressure on the D by turning the ball over?

like on the first series of the game tonight, for example. . . give 'em the ball in great field position, and hope the D can hold them to a field goal. . . when we were only down 6 and they were marching down the field on us, the D managed to come up with a potentially game-changing turnover. . . how did the offense respond? yea, by going 3-and-out and sending them right back on the field. . . "good luck guys, see if you can stop larry johnson again! hey, maybe you can put up a few points for us if you wouldn't mind, since WE certainly don't seem capable". . . . :wave:

all sarcasm aside, this is what i've seen the past few games-- a defense that's broken under the constant pressure put on them by our offense and "special" teams. . . hell, our offense puts more pressure on their own defense than they put on the opposing team's D. . . . what have we been seeing recently from the D? i don't know about you guys, but i've seen WAY more guys out of position and over-running plays than i did earlier in the year. . . to me, that's symptomatic of guys who are trying too hard to make plays, instead of relying on the guys around them. . . i think they know that if they don't make big plays, the team isn't going to win, because the O simply isn't getting it done. . . that's a heavy burden, and they're breaking under it!

i absolutely believe that we need to re-vamp the D-line, but i've felt that way for years. . . . but even if we do, the offense will have to be better than what they are right now if we want to be serious contenders-- sometimes the other team has good players too, and no matter how good the D is you can't count on them to win games by themselves every week. . . the best teams have balance, and you aren't going to win many games scoring 10 points. . . .
      Last edited by dogfish; 11-23-2006, 11:01 PM.
      Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Earth to Broncos fans!!!!

Giving up 230 yard rushing in a game is NOT a "solid" outing by the defense.

Therefore, I will bag the defense.

This post is about "bagging" the defense. We all realize the offensive woes of the Broncos. I'm with you 100%

The fact of the matter is...........230 yards rushing against is not and will never be a "solid" defensive outing at any level of football.

Originally posted by broncosfan247
        take away Michael Bennetts big run and it's a different story. LJ might have had 157 yards, but it took him 34 attempt to do it...OH and he only hit the EZ 1 time. To me, thats a pretty solid outing. Maybe if our offense could convert 3rd downs and maybe find the endzone themselves our defense wouldn't have to win us every single game.

Comment

Originally posted by seanlust
          Earth to Broncos fans!!!!

Giving up 230 yard rushing in a game is NOT a "solid" outing by the defense.

Therefore, I will bag the defense.

This post is about "bagging" the defense. We all realize the offensive woes of the Broncos. I'm with you 100%

The fact of the matter is...........230 yards rushing against is not and will never be a "solid" defensive outing at any level of football.
          sorry but only stat I see is 1 TD and 4 FG. Like the saying goes bend, but don't break. our defense did that tonight. give up 400 yards rushing, I don't care, as long as you keep them out of the endzone. if our offense just could have done something tonight it could have been a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
            Because when aspects of the team underachieve, they deserve blame, despite what they did in the past.

Jake had a pro-bowl alternate year there, and yet, nobody says: "Look how many times Jake took over the game last year." (Eagles, Pats, KC Home game)

Rarely, if ever.

Who cares if they saved our asses in the past? That's the past and it doesn't really matter.

How many times have we stopped LT in the past? Did it matter more recently?

Stop looking in the past, because it doesn't help the present or the future. Past play should not exempt them or give them a "get out of blame" free card for lackluster performance.

I'm talking about this season! The defense is worn out because the our offense wears them out. 3 and out, turnovers can kill

Comment

I have no problem with the players on defense, it's the coordinator I don't like.
              R.I.P. Darrent Williams

Comment

Working...
              X