Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recipe for failure / Set up for Jake to fail (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its already been posted several times, but I like the sound of echoes, teams have adjusted to the bootlegs and roll-outs via DE's and OLB's.

Also, another reason why they weren't working/getting called is because of the lack of running game especially with Tatum being hurt, thus NO play-action fake.

My last explanation for it is simply the lack of a talented pass catching tight-end. Scheffler might turn out to be that guy, but as of right now he is being de-activated for every game.

Comment

Oh...and another thing...don't ya think that its kind of pathetic that people say that its sabatage that there's a lack of bootlegs?

I, for one, believe that a 10 year veteran starting NFL quarterback should be able to throw passes from the pocket...

Comment

Actually, Dean, you're right... but for that matter, I don't recall us ever doing a moving "pocket" of any kind, rollout, or otherwise. It's either straight drop, or naked boot. Nothing inbetween.

Comment

Let me get this straight...

Shanny knows exactly what he's doing when he decides to start Jake, but now that Jay is starting, it's a conspiracy???

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
            Let me get this straight...

Shanny knows exactly what he's doing when he decides to start Jake, but now that Jay is starting, it's a conspiracy???

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!
            I'm not sure who this reply is intended for. If it is to me go back and reread my post. I specifically stated that I do not beleive there was a conspiracy. Only that I had some unanswered questions.

Comment

um

nfl network said now the going maxx protect and only sending out two wrs in pass routes to me i think shannaion wanted jake to screw up because look at the stupid play calling o well moving on good thing about playing madden i can fire shannah for his dumass plat calling

Comment

Originally posted by air7raid
                hiw do you expect to win, when we only ran the ball 16 times fo 38 yards( 2 att. by jake). hell elway couldn't win with these conditions. thise past few games felt like shannahan set jake up for failure. The bronco offence isnt made for any qb to throw over 30 times. since jake failed these past 2 weeks, it makes it easier to bench jake. i bet we run more running plays when jay starts playing. im afraid that cutler comes in and we miss the playoffs by a game or two.Imo, jay hasn't proven anything, preseason doesnt cut it in my eyes. but hopefully i end up eating my words. its a heartbreaking loss, especially when you know this could of been our 8th win. Shannahan needs to get some more production from the backfield to help the offence produce points. those are my two cents.
                As a QB that should an oppertunity to prove yourself not a set up. Esspecially since jake was playing for his job

Comment

Originally posted by denverguy
                  nfl network said now the going maxx protect and only sending out two wrs in pass routes to me i think shannaion wanted jake to screw up because look at the stupid play calling o well moving on good thing about playing madden i can fire shannah for his dumass plat calling
                  Welcome to the tin-foil helmet club!

Shanny has to be the most competitive coach in the NFL, or at least among the top 3... No way he would deliberately set up the team to fail. That line of thinking is just not getting ANY traction.

Comment

Originally posted by air7raid
                    hiw do you expect to win, when we only ran the ball 16 times fo 38 yards( 2 att. by jake). hell elway couldn't win with these conditions. thise past few games felt like shannahan set jake up for failure. The bronco offence isnt made for any qb to throw over 30 times. since jake failed these past 2 weeks, it makes it easier to bench jake. i bet we run more running plays when jay starts playing. im afraid that cutler comes in and we miss the playoffs by a game or two.Imo, jay hasn't proven anything, preseason doesnt cut it in my eyes. but hopefully i end up eating my words. its a heartbreaking loss, especially when you know this could of been our 8th win. Shannahan needs to get some more production from the backfield to help the offence produce points. those are my two cents.
                    It will be our 8th win, and what kind of sauce do you want with your words. Pepper would be a good spice.
                    As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Working...
                    X