Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Main Problem on Defense.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Main Problem on Defense.....

    I have been saying it since the Broncos lost to the Colts....

    I cannot tell you how many missed tackles I have seen over these past couple weeks....

    Wilson, Williams, D-line, Lynch.....heck everyone except for Champ Bailey.....

    Denver plays a very basic 4-3 defense....letting teams get the short gains but nothin deeps....that means the defense HAS to make tackles....

    I cant count how many horrible tackles there were last night.....it was pathetic....people complain about the pass rush and Coyer....but he sets up the defense to succeed.....they execute everything EXCEPT for tackling.....

    the broncos looked like the chiefs USED to out there last night..... :brick:
    "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

    sigpic
    -The best in the business-

  • #2
    only thing u left out was our DUMB penaltys that gift wrapped them 13 points...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bronco30
      only thing u left out was our DUMB penaltys that gift wrapped them 13 points...
      see....lol that has just been this week....

      lately its the missed tackles....think about last night.....or if it makes u wanna vomit....dont....
      "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

      sigpic
      -The best in the business-

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheMastermind
        it makes u wanna vomit....dont....
        leave that to the ugly guys and cher....

        :nono:





        our problem is that we have lost our mojo...

        and we have no D line and no safeties....

        we need help in these areas....

        it will round of the defence...

        our LBs are trying to overplay...

        they are trying to do too much...

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          can a bronco D player do a tackle all by himself that's the question I asked myself watching the last 3 games when it was a joke to see the players get screwed everytime by the O if going head to head, impossible to stop the RB allowing 4-5 yards in a middle of dozens of players... 3 or 4 broncos are necessary to stop the offensive players that's a shame

          Comment


          • #6
            yea missed tackles and untimely penalties last night.........very frustrating :brick:
            My 3 favorite teams:
            1.The Denver Broncos
            2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
            3.Any team who plays Michigan

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TheMastermind
              I have been saying it since the Broncos lost to the Colts....

              I cannot tell you how many missed tackles I have seen over these past couple weeks....

              Wilson, Williams, D-line, Lynch.....heck everyone except for Champ Bailey.....

              Denver plays a very basic 4-3 defense....letting teams get the short gains but nothin deeps....that means the defense HAS to make tackles....

              I cant count how many horrible tackles there were last night.....it was pathetic....people complain about the pass rush and Coyer....but he sets up the defense to succeed.....they execute everything EXCEPT for tackling.....

              the broncos looked like the chiefs USED to out there last night..... :brick:
              Aye tell me if i am wrong, is our coach thinkin that he is the **** or what? our D is not playin good because of our horrible Special teams, we need to get a good catching tight end and a high draft pick running back, cause T. Bell is so soft man
              and we are definatly missin Kubiak bad! Jake needs to go i like the guy and am thankful of all he did for us but
              our season is basically over so bring in Cutler!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BroncodogPG
                Aye tell me if i am wrong, is our coach thinkin that he is the **** or what? our D is not playin good because of our horrible Special teams, we need to get a good catching tight end and a high draft pick running back, cause T. Bell is so soft man
                and we are definatly missin Kubiak bad! Jake needs to go i like the guy and am thankful of all he did for us but
                our season is basically over so bring in Cutler!
                its not basically over.....there is still 5 games to go.....and the last three arent too bad.....

                dont worry.....
                "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

                sigpic
                -The best in the business-

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheMastermind
                  I have been saying it since the Broncos lost to the Colts....

                  I cannot tell you how many missed tackles I have seen over these past couple weeks....

                  Wilson, Williams, D-line, Lynch.....heck everyone except for Champ Bailey.....

                  Denver plays a very basic 4-3 defense....letting teams get the short gains but nothin deeps....that means the defense HAS to make tackles....

                  I cant count how many horrible tackles there were last night.....it was pathetic....people complain about the pass rush and Coyer....but he sets up the defense to succeed.....they execute everything EXCEPT for tackling.....

                  the broncos looked like the chiefs USED to out there last night..... :brick:

                  You say everyone except for Bailey... I'm guessing you are forgetting about Hines Ward breaking his tackle turning the play into a 60 yard reception rather than 8?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Tackling

                    I brought up, about a month ago, that I was suspect of Al Wilson's tacking for the past three years, but I was tarred and feathered for suggesting such a horrific, fact-less opinion.

                    I know he wasn't the only culprit last night, only one of the many.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes I do not know what has been wrong with Al this season, I have always viewed him as one of the top three linebackers in the game, because I think he is a great leader, tackler, very aggressive, and good at defending the pass. But this season is not the same Al I remember. Sure our D has done great things this season, but Al looks emotionless and empty. He is not the same pumped up aggressive player he used to be and has missed MANY tackles.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Combo1985
                        You say everyone except for Bailey... I'm guessing you are forgetting about Hines Ward breaking his tackle turning the play into a 60 yard reception rather than 8?
                        lol he got two picks that game....in the red zone might i add.....he can miss that ONE tackle during a game that was 4 weeks ago.....he isnt a perfect player.....but he almost always is.....

                        out of 6 weeks you find that ONE thing on Bailey.....one missed tackle....

                        good job.....
                        "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

                        sigpic
                        -The best in the business-

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TheMastermind
                          lol he got two picks that game....in the red zone might i add.....he can miss that ONE tackle during a game that was 4 weeks ago.....he isnt a perfect player.....but he almost always is.....

                          out of 6 weeks you find that ONE thing on Bailey.....one missed tackle....

                          good job.....
                          Of course he isn't a perfect player, he has made more mistakes than that, but saying everyone on D is sucking except for Bailey is stretching it. I have seen Al Wilson and John Lynch who are normally take the leadership/captain role in the D screw up alot, but I haven't seen EVERYONE on the D make mistakes... DJ Williams might have missed one tackle, but I think he has done his job every other play. Nick Ferguson didn't play well that Chargers game besides the INT, but I do think that loss has and will hurt the D. I didn't watch the game last night but from what I am reading Ian Gold played terribly, so I will not speak on his part due to be not seeing it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            When over-pursuit causes you to be out of position for a speed and power back like LJ is, you're gonna miss some tackles. You HAVE to be squared up to take this guy down. They were working the cut-back pretty well against us last night.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X