Is Jay Cutler as good as Dan Marino?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jay Cutler as good as Dan Marino?

This is a serious question, think about the answer.

If you answered no, and Dan Marino was the only rookie QB to EVER take a team to the superbowl (he still lost), than Jay Cutler can't fix our team. (we need alot of help).

If you answered yes, well.... You're probably a Vanderbilt fan.

How about this... We won't know until we see how he responds when he's given the chance.

Seriously, if anybody had known how good Marino was before he actually proved it, he wouldn't have lasted until the 27th pick in his draft. In other words, you simply don't know about a player until they show it on the field.

Let's not judge Cutler or how far he can take us until we see how he responds.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Interpol

If you answered no, and Dan Marino was the only rookie QB to EVER take a team to the superbowl (he still lost), than Jay Cutler can't fix our team. (we need alot of help).

Dan Marino didn't take the Dolphins to the Super Bowl as a rookie. He did however get them into the playoffs.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Seems to me a more relavent question is if Jay Cutler is as good as Jake.

Comment

It is easy to say no.
          Marino has an NFL record. A good one at that. He has many #1 records and accomplishments.
          Jay has a college career at Vanderbilt.

The guy can't be compared even to Ryan Leaf yet.

But I hope he will eventually be better than Marino, Favre, Montana, Moon, Kelly, and #7 that would mean we have a gem on our hands.
          Last edited by Emancipator; 11-24-2006, 09:08 AM. Reason: spelling
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by skpac
            Seems to me a more relavent question is if Jay Cutler is as good as Jake.
            Exactly.....

Comment

It might take us 10-15 years before we know that question.

Cutler could be the next Marino/Elway/Montanna or he could be the next Ryan Leaf.

The most likely case is that he will fall somewhere in between those extremes. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him play like Elway or Favre, but those great players are very, very, very, very rare in the NFL and the odds are that Cutler is not one of them.

However, I certainly hope that Cutler defies the odds and becomes the next _____ (insert the name of your favorite top 5 QB of all time in the blank).
              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                Dan Marino didn't take the Dolphins to the Super Bowl as a rookie. He did however get them into the playoffs.
                I think your wrong on this one.

Seems to me because they did go and lose the expectation was even higher the next couple of years and disappointment forever of not getting back was a heavy burden for him.

XIX Jan. 20, 1985 San Francisco 38, Miami 16

http://www.superbowl.com/history/recaps

Marino was drafted in 1983.

This game was his second season. Txbronc was correct.But this is the box score for the game in question, in his second season.
                Last edited by JRWIZ; 11-24-2006, 11:55 AM. Reason: correct edit in red

Comment

Hmmm... now that's where I've seen his arm before!

I another post I said that we should clone Cutler's arm and graft it to Plummer, but now I see that may have already been done to Jay! That's Marino's arm on him!

It's all so clear now...

I hope the league doesn't find out... that can't be fair.

Follow the Forehead Bronco Faithful! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ

Seems to me because they did go and lose the expectation was even higher the next couple of years and disappointment forever of not getting back was a heavy burden for him.

Negative......... David Woodley and Don Strock were the Dolphins Qb's for that game.

Comment

Two things....

1) why don't we see how good he can be just being Jay before we compare him to a HOF QB that owns nearly every passing record in the NFL.

2) Marino didn't go to the SB as a rookie. It was his second year. He did go to the playoffs his first year, but Miami lost in the first round.
                      sigpic

Comment

Jay Cutler can't be compared to anyone, because he hasn't proven himself. If people want to compare him to Marino or Elway, then those are tough shoes to fill. Give the guy time to learn the system, mistakes will be made, and right now Cutler is still a rookie and he'll have to prove himself on the field against the best football players. But i'm anxious to see him play

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ

Not quite JR.

Miami lost to the Seattle Seahawks in the first round in 1983 (Dan's rookie season).

Miami went to the SB in the 1984 season.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I hope he is not EXACTLY as good as Marino. That would mean that he would never win a Super Bowl!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                              Two things....

1) why don't we see how good he can be just being Jay before we compare him to a HOF QB that owns nearly every passing record in the NFL.

2) Marino didn't go to the SB as a rookie. It was his second year. He did go to the playoffs his first year, but Miami lost in the first round.
                              Then...NO rookie QB in NFL history has taken a tem to the super bowl. Just shows cutler wont save the season. I do however, want him to start next week so he can get gametime experience before next season when we start another superbowl run.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X