Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plummer to continue to hold for Elam? (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Plummer still be the place holder for Elam's kicks?

If he is infact benched, will he still do his duty and make sure that the laces are all good for Elam?

Comment

Yup, that's the only thing he seems to do right from what I have seen in 4 years. Well, that and the Bootleg.
      sigpic
      In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

Comment

During pregame warmups at the last home game, both Jake and Jay were practicing holding the ball.

So, it's anyone's guess, but Jay has been getting practice doing the task.
        sigpic

Comment

Thread already done.
          http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...mmer+hold+Elam
          Last edited by Emancipator; 11-26-2006, 01:52 PM.
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
            If he is infact benched, will he still do his duty and make sure that the laces are all good for Elam?
            LOL we all know how important that is. heres to a great career as a holder
            President Cool

Comment

Dont all backups hold the ball? Hell atleast they do on Madden. And thats pretty much all that matters.
              A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                During pregame warmups at the last home game, both Jake and Jay were practicing holding the ball.

So, it's anyone's guess, but Jay has been getting practice doing the task.
                I would assume that Jay's practice in that area is as much due to the fact that if Jake had gone down with an injury, presumably Jay would need to start and take over holding duties.

Seems like a pretty silly question. Why wouldn't he still hold? When a defensive back or RB is also a kickoff or punt returner and then loses his starting DB or RB job, they don't automatically lose their special teams job.
                The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hilife
                  LOL we all know how important that is. heres to a great career as a holder
                  Actually, it is VERY important. The reason that Jake is the holder is that previously, the punter was the holder. When we had turnover in punters and different people were holding, Elam's successful field goal percentage declined. In fact, it was a bad job by the holder that cost Elam his NFL best consecutive extra point made streak.

So, I know that taking shots at Jake is a popular sport, but I wouldn't be too quick to underestimate the value of the long snapper or holder in the field goal equation. The Broncos don't.
                  The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

That's a good question. My guess would be yes. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Jake still...

...Gonna hold for FG's? I think he should, we can still play a fake and have Plummer throw in the endzone during close games... Didn't he do that during Pre-season?

Comment

Heck yeah!!! I forgot about that. Man, that would be sweet.

Comment

Anything to get him back on the field is cool with me Maybe he could come him and fill in for Nick since hes gone for the season. LMAO that would be fun to watch
                          sigpicPlease Help A die Hard Broncos Fan Out, And Share Or Pledge My Kickstarter Party Game "Help Wanted" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...help-wanted-0/

Comment

Originally posted by Bman240
                            ...Gonna hold for FG's? I think he should, we can still play a fake and have Plummer throw in the endzone during close games... Didn't he do that during Pre-season?
                            Naw, he'd just throw a pick. Better to kick the FG.

Comment

Originally posted by Interpol
                              Naw, he'd just throw a pick. Better to kick the FG.
                              LOL.

Man I was thinking the same thing when I read the first post!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighInNY
                                Or maybe we can make him the punter, following the "he can't be any worse than what we've got now" reasoning...
                                This is one hell of a post. A better joke than...he couldn't throw it through the uprights. Or...don't run a fake, he'd just throw a pick.

I wish I could give you some CP but I'm out at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X