Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Anderson (Merged)

Hey team,

Not sooo new to the board- love to lurk. Being the NFL's most intelligent fans, someone's always hit my opinion before I can- no use in rehashing.

My question: How much do you think we miss the consistency of Mike Anderson? With J-Walk, the recievers are better than a year ago, the line is virtually the same, Jake's physically the same...I think that one consistent guy as a "feature" back is a HUGE difference.

Or do you attribute our struggles more to the loss of Kubiak or Plummer feeling Jay over his shoulder?

...........someone hook me up with some killer swag for my posts! :thumb:

I think we miss Mike's tough running. Nobody on our roster has been able to replace that.

I think our current backs are okay but I'm really hoping we can find somebody more in Mike's mold with more speed. Mike was also a good guy and a leader. We miss him although I don't believe his loss is the source of our offensive problems.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

We do miss the consistency of MA but he was losing steam and he lost a few steps. QB guru Kub was a big lose but we have to move on. Jake should have believed that the coaching staff and team were behind him even though a lot of fans weren't but that's what we all get for doubting. Now, whether or not we like Jay starting it's not up to us. just support our team and hope the men in charge know what they are doing.
      Last edited by Javalon; 11-26-2006, 10:15 PM. Reason: Deleting the smack exchange with Browns fan

Comment

BOYS BE NICE!!!

I sure miss Anderson and we should have kept Dayne too!!

Comment

Originally posted by brncoz1fan
          I sure miss Anderson and we should have kept Dayne too!!
          I think letting Dayne go was the right move. But I do wish could've found a way to keep Mike.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

He's still a great asset to a team that wants a power back, and veteran leadership.

The Broncos are ranked in the top 5 for rushing offense in most categories so I'm not sure how much he would improve that, if he were still in Denver.
            The All Blacks, the greatest team on the planet!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD1_puuceg0

Comment

Mike Anderson is tougher than any of our current RB's and would have been a great asset this season.

BTW dude, the All Blacks play a weak arse sport filled with fairy teams like the Wallabies, Italy, England and Scotland.

They'd get punished by a league side!
              www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

I was just thinking about this watching Baltimore yesterday. I think that the Broncos miss MA more than they know. He was a 25 carry guy, he could get the hard yards when needed, and he could actually catch a pass out of the backfield. Hindsight being 20-20 I wonder if Shanny isn't kicking himself a little for not keeping Marine Mike?

Better question...do you think Anderson is regretting not still being a Bronco and sitting with the Ravens playing second fiddle to Jamal Lewis. A guy like Anderson should be carrying the load for an NFL team, not being it's second back.
                Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Don't get me wrong....I don't put MA in any elite class or anything...but he is more stable, healthy and talented than ANY back we have on the team now.....

I doubt he regrets leaving! He got cut so he didn't have to get paid....he may, however, regret not waiting a little longer to see what other teams may have contacted him. Seems that he's really #3 on the Ravens depth chart when he could start for a few different teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolegboy
                    Hey team,

Not sooo new to the board- love to lurk. Being the NFL's most intelligent fans, someone's always hit my opinion before I can- no use in rehashing.

My question: How much do you think we miss the consistency of Mike Anderson? With J-Walk, the recievers are better than a year ago, the line is virtually the same, Jake's physically the same...I think that one consistent guy as a "feature" back is a HUGE difference.

Or do you attribute our struggles more to the loss of Kubiak or Plummer feeling Jay over his shoulder?

...........someone hook me up with some killer swag for my posts! :thumb:
                    I blame about 85% on Jake not having a good season.
                    If you love NFL stats and history
                    pro-football-reference.com
                    jt-sw.com/football

Comment

Originally posted by Breezer
                      I blame about 85% on Jake not having a good season.

And a majority of the rest of the blame goes to the offensive line--injuries and spotty play have really taken their toll on the blocking this season. No matter how talented your RBs are, if you can't get any push up front, it's hard to be successful. I'm actually amazed that our running game has put up the numbers it has achieved this year, overcoming the problems on the line and Jake's inconsistent play. That's a testament to how talented the backs we have really are. Let's not sell them short.

Comment

Should have never gotten rid of Mike Anderson...

We don't have that type of RB right now... the tough, bang for yards type of RB that can carry it 25+ times.

Get him back Shanny!
                        Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by JrtheFreak
                          We don't have that type of RB right now... the tough, bang for yards type of RB that can carry it 25+ times.

Get him back Shanny!
                          this is so true... a real rb fought for extra yardage every down. Solid player he and Olandis
                          "No one can be told what the Matrix is....You have to see it for yourself"

sigpic

"Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a freakin' game!"- Jim Mora- IND Colts

Comment

How about Pryce as well? Hes having a monster season with 8.5 sacks!!!!

Comment

Would be glad to see him back.

Originally posted by EdmcCaff87
                              this is so true... a real rb fought for extra yardage every down. Solid player he and Olandis
                              He's got 127 yards on 29 carries in Baltimore (4.4) so he's still getting it done, but has less carries in 11 games than he sometimes had in one game as a Bronco. I can't help wondering if Baltimore would like a nice bootleg QB to backup McNair in exchange for a RB they rarely use....
                              SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X