No announcement yet.

This is a mistake.. Jake should still start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THANK YOU JRWIZ and vicious2500....nice to see you all can see what the others can't....CP's for you both.

PEACE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OC1981
      You're right it is Jake's fault because the D doesn't respect the deep ball. Read the whole post please.
      Its hard to get a defense to respect the deep ball when you QB does have:

A) A true deep threat
      B) Time in the pocket

Now if we had these two things maybe their could be argument on your part, but seeing that our best deep threat is also our best underneathe guy I have a problem with that. Along with the fact that the deep threats that we drafted/signed don't get any PT at all makes me wonder. Maybe you should notice that our O-line can't hold their blocks this year with two new faces on the O-line at the tackle positions.
      sigpic
      PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
      You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

I look at last weeks game. Cutler could have easily made the passes that Plummer failed on especially in that last drive.

Watch this Sunday and you will see. Let Jay get a little confidence and then look out!

On another note - I do repect your loyalty to Plummer that is a good thing. I like Plummer and feel bad for Plummer but I feel Jay is better.
        Last edited by cutlerfan; 11-27-2006, 09:12 AM.

----------------------------------------------
        I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
          Oh so there was never a dropped pass or anything all year huh?

Jake's to blame for it all........ Can't wait to see Cutler get the same pressure and see him throw a few picks a nd fans calling for his head.

PEACE!!!
          There may have been dropped passes but there were also plenty of times that balls never got thrown or were way off target. You say Jakes not to blame but you don't give any facts.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious2500
            Its hard to get a defense to respect the deep ball when you QB does have:

A) A true deep threat
            B) Time in the pocket

Now if we had these two things maybe their could be argument on your part, but seeing that our best deep threat is also our best underneathe guy I have a problem with that. Along with the fact that the deep threats that we drafted/signed don't get any PT at all makes me wonder. Maybe you should notice that our O-line can't hold their blocks this year with two new faces on the O-line at the tackle positions.
            If Walker is not a true deep threat then could you please tell me who is?

Comment

When the head coach states that he is tired of Plummer's LIMITATIONS AND INCONSISTENCIES that tells all anyone needs to know. There will at least be a quarterback in there now that CAN make every throw, and even have the ability to lead the Broncos back when behind.
              As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious2500
                We're a run first team, opposing teams are dropping that extra defender into the box out of respect for our running game. If you pay attention to opposing teams defenses this year they've also left a spy or a defender on the edges to keep containment on Jake. If you watch Atlanta's games you'll notice that opposing teams do the same thing to Vick and their offense.

Now should Jake be able to beat opposing defenses with an extra defender in the box on the run and an addition man following him? Yes, but how is Jake supposed to do so when the biggest component of the team passing game isn't even out there running routes? The TE is one of the key components of a successful West Coast Offense.

If your TE can't run good routes and catch the ball when its thrown to them. How is the offense supposed to move the chains? If we're forced to leave the TE one of the key components of the passing offense in to block to help out an inexperienced T defend the QBs blind side, how is this player supposed to make plays for the team? If our pocket held up for more than 2 seconds maybe the QB would be able to complete more passes.

Another problem with our passing game is Rod Smith appears to have lost a step or two and doesn't beat coverage as good as he did last year. Furthermore, we don't have a true deep threat in our offense to help keep that extra defender out the box. I thought Hixon and Clark were deep threats if they are why isn't one of them on the field to stretch the field like Lelie did for us last year and open up more space underneath?

So I guess it is entirely Jake Plummers fault the offensive line can't block well enough on their own that we have to leave the TE in to block, we have no deep threat, Rod Smith slowed down, we don't run enough swing passes to the RB or flat passes for that matter.
                great post summed it up well. Points to you.

As I stated above Lepsis hurt us deeply and foster being replaced just shows how bad this Oline was most of the year. The total lack of a TE presence other than to show down the blitzers has been monumental this season.

Rods demise so far and really only having ONE good WR and almost no consistent run game. Jake is just icing on the cake.

A good QB even Great one needs to have some help out there he can't do it by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan
                  Let Jay get a little confidence and then look out!

How is our O line gonna give him any time?

PEACE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vandyman53
                    When the head coach states that he is tired of Plummer's LIMITATIONS AND INCONSISTENCIES that tells all anyone needs to know. There will at least be a quarterback in there now that CAN make every throw, and even have the ability to lead the Broncos back when behind.

Got a link or is it just more bluster.

Or perhaps maybe Mikey is covering his butt.

Time will tell if cutler is a rising star or a leaf.

Comment

There may have been dropped passes but there were also plenty of times that balls never got thrown or were way off target. You say Jakes not to blame but you don't give any facts.

During a lot of the passes the o line gave Jake no time to throw the ball........

PEACE!!!

Comment

If Walker is not a true deep threat then could you please tell me who is?

That's not what the post said...please re read...

PEACE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                          Bottom line is the offense can't keep Jake on the field. With the exception of Walker there has been little to NO consistent help.

In the last embarrassment the running game amassed 38 yards 10 of which was Jakes running for his life.

No my friend it is not Jake that is the biggest problem on this team. Merely a part that if replaced won't make a lot of difference other than getting to see the new kid.

The long ball Y'all so desperately crave needs time to set up and with this oline I just don't see that happening.
                          JR, have you NOT seen the other teams stacking 8 or 9 on the line challenging Plummer to throw? That stops the ground game immediately and forces Plummer into a passing situation that he has been very, very inconsistent this year.

I dare the defense to stack 8 on the line against Jay Cutler. I wish they would. He would eat them apart.
                          As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Originally posted by vandyman53
                            JR, have you NOT seen the other teams stacking 8 or 9 on the line challenging Plummer to throw? That stops the ground game immediately and forces Plummer into a passing situation that he has been very, very inconsistent this year.

I dare the defense to stack 8 on the line against Jay Cutler. I wish they would. He would eat them apart.
                            OUR O LINE CANNOT HOLD TEAMS OFF LONG ENOUGH FOR OUR QB TO THROW THE BALL. D's know our line is weak.......

PEACE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                              Got a link or is it just more bluster.

Or perhaps maybe Mikey is covering his butt.

Time will tell if cutler is a rising star or a leaf.

You know what - I am so happy for this game. I have discussed with this for you for awhile now. It is old. My days of justifying Cutler will soon be over!

1. You will see that Cutler is the real deal!

----------------------------------------------
                              I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
                                That's not what the post said...please re read...

PEACE!!!
                                re-read.....stand by my post.

The post I quoted implyed that we did not have a true dep threat.

Comment

Working...
                                X